It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School, Church, and Mall Shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Over the last several years America has seen a large increase in school, mall, and church shootings. (especially in the last 9 months). It appears that all of these mass killings are done by troubled youth. I read an article not long ago and how we shouldn't be afraid of terrorism and that we should be afraid of "EMO" kids with guns.
I'm a little shocked to see that the government and the media hasn't come out and started to portray these shootings as acts of terrorism. We all know that the legislation is already in place to declare just about anything can be classified as terrorism.
My concern is with the effects that we are seeing on society and will continue to see. I think as these types of events continue and become even more common place in our already paranoid society will continue to increase. I think this will in turn make every citizen and neighborhood in turn in what is becoming a big brother government into a big brother neighborhood where everyone is so paranoid, that they willingly report on any activity of their neighbors.
Could this be part of the NWO conspiracy to control every aspects of our lives, or is this just another thing to use as an excuse in order for the masses to seek more protection from the government. I fear that all of these events will continue to spiral strait into a surveillance society.
I'm surprised we are not hearing much gun control talk with each of these incidents. Everyone of these incidents can and will be manipulated for the governments benefit but to what extent will they use it?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think it's bigger than all that. I believe that it has to do with the Spiritual War and is a sign of the times.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonna
I think it's bigger than all that. I believe that it has to do with the Spiritual War and is a sign of the times.

This may well be true.

I have notice as well the lack of the usual anti-gun whining for the left, I guess they know it will cost them the election. SO, just wait until they get in.

Roper

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think the "anti-gun whining" hasn't even started yet. When the Supreme Court soon takes up a case regarding the meaning of 2nd Amendment rights we will definitely all be forced to re-hash this past year's horrific "lone gunman" events. One, if really paranoid, might even see a connection between all of these recent shootings and the upcoming Supreme Court docket.

join