It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Decries Global Warming Prophets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom
By SIMON CALDWELL - More by this author »

Attack: Pope Benedict criticised climate-change prophets of doom
Pope Benedict XVI has launched a surprise attack on climate change prophets of doom, warning them that any solutions to global warming must be based on firm evidence and not on dubious ideology.

The leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics suggested that fears over man-made emissions melting the ice caps and causing a wave of unprecedented disasters were nothing more than scare-mongering.

Source

[edit on 12-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How utterly ironic, considering the Church's whole thing is based on ideology with no concrete evidence.

Religious leaders should probably stay out of scientific debates. You'd think they'd have learned that by now, what with the flat earth thing, and the sun revolves around the earth thing.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, also, it is important to completely understand the "Church's" stand on this issue. Many view concern for the environment as being "earth worship," which according to many is a "sin" against God..

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What did the pope actually say?

There are no quotes suggesting he said any such thing. Do I have to believe a daily mail hack's interpretation?

Read his quotes, indeed, read his speech:

The infallible pope

He doesn't really say any such thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, I guess the key word in the article is that "The Pope suggested"...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
But his quotes don't support the hack's interpretation at all.

It's like he was channelling Christopher Monckton, while he thought he was reading/listening to the pope.

As I said, read the actual speech (or at least his quotes).

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
How utterly ironic, considering the Church's whole thing is based on ideology with no concrete evidence.

Religious leaders should probably stay out of scientific debates. You'd think they'd have learned that by now, what with the flat earth thing, and the sun revolves around the earth thing.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

id be very suprised to see how much the church knows about our history considering the catholic library is off limits to most people

its also ben suggested they hide many things that they know could cause alarm

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
MurderCity, there is a wealth of information here at ATS on the Vatican library...

Vatican Secrets

Vatican Library

Those are just a couple of threads out of hundreds here at ATS...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Of course, the pope's Jesuits knights know better... it is either due to the effects of the incoming Planet X rogue planet or to the sun's coming unpresidented activity peak in 2012... or boths

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Terra, regardless of the cause, it's happening. I think we are at the point to where we need to quit arguing about whether it exists or what teh cause is and start preparing for the ramifications of it...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Of course global warming exists, but all other planets in the system warming up too. Thus, I am just afraid by the solutions the NWO puppets will soon present to us to change what is happening.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well, Terra, that's why I say that it is important that we start preparing for the ramifications of global warming rather than trying to figure out what is causing it.. At this point, the cause of it is unimportant because, personally, I don't think there is anything we can do about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
From www.vatican.va... - Direct Posting or part necessary - no edit.

The family, the human community and the environment

7. The family needs a home, a fit environment in which to develop its proper relationships. For the human family, this home is the earth, the environment that God the Creator has given us to inhabit with creativity and responsibility. We need to care for the environment: it has been entrusted to men and women to be protected and cultivated with responsible freedom, with the good of all as a constant guiding criterion. .......

8. In this regard, it is essential to “sense” that the earth is “our common home” and, in our stewardship and service to all, to choose the path of dialogue rather than the path of unilateral decisions. Further international agencies may need to be established in order to confront together the stewardship of this “home” of ours; more important, however, is the need for ever greater conviction about the need for responsible cooperation. The problems looming on the horizon are complex and time is short. In order to face this situation effectively, there is a need to act in harmony. ......

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 13-12-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for posting his actual words.

Seems fair enough, and quite removed from the hack's interpretation, no?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The whole man-made global warming scam is a cult. A Religion of far left/Marxist influence and birth. It has about the same amount of factual evidence that any other religion is based on. It is mostly based of faith.

Like any other religion, I don't care so much that people believe in it. But, like any other religion, I don't want it influencing government and secular policy.

I wont tolerate it from the Christians, The Muslims, or Jews, so why I tolerate it from the eco-commies?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Skadi, well, I don't think that global warming is fictitional, but, I just view it as being something that is cyclical. Now, with that being said, are we (humans) increasing the momentum of it? I think we might be.

However, with all that being said, I think we are at a point to where there is nothing we can do about it. I'm not sure that we ever could have. However, right now, I think it is most pertinent that we start makiong adjustments to what warming is going to cause.. If that means moving away from the coastlines, then that is what we need to do. We certainly need to take into account the hybrid vehicles and such and pursue that...To do nothing is not an option in my opinion, regardless of what the Pope or anyone else may say.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

um... you know, the jesuits aren't all that bad. if you've ever actually met them instead of relying on bogus conspiracy info on them, you'd know that (this is someone who's anti-clerical talking, so that's got to mean something)

reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

um.. there's nothing communistic about global warming. it's not even far left when you consider that you have christian right wing evangelical ministers talking about it too...

tell me, exactly how are people that believe we should help the environment "eco-commies"?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

GLOBAL WARMING? That ol' hoax? Anyway, it doesnt make sense. In order for us to be WARMING up on the PLANET would mean that we're suspended over (the) WATER....because that water is what would catch the SUN'S rays turning them into STEAM...that steam would rise, literally boiling us to death...or frying us to as the waters DRIED up...That's the only way so-called global warming could happen...However, I doubt we're suspended over a body of water....

Furthermore, Carbon Dioxide is SUPPOSED to rise. If it didn't it would stay in the immediate atmosphere and POISON us. That's when we should be worried. However, not gonna happen because Carbon Dioxide rises and just keeps going...all the gases do. They float rite on into infinity...So relax peeple!

top topics

join