It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Republican Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So i happen to be working from home today which is great because the debates started about 50 minutes ago. I'll just point out a few things that have jumped out at me:

They have this little meter on the right side of the screen withtwo lines, one for conservative and one for moderate. I don't think i can trust these coming from FOX News based on all the different ways they're spinning the news this season.

Alan Keyes is still running? He's pretty sassy i have to say. He has spent more time arguing with the moderator than he has answering the questions.

It seems like a few of the candidates are more interested in taking a stand against the moderator. Fred Thompson declined to answer a "hands up" question because he couldn't have a minute to think about it. Romney asked for 30 seconds and the lady said "it was originally a hands question, so no." A bit later when it came time for Romney to answer a question, he asked if he had 60 seconds. She said yes, he said "just making sure, time is going by awful fast" insinuating that they were being cut off. He then went on to talkfor about 80 seconds.

I think it is moving too fast and if anyone is even watching, i think a lot of it won't be soaked in by the voters.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It was interesting to see Alan Keyes. I thought he presented himself badly but what he was saying rang true most of the time.

It was great to finally see these guys confidently talking about limiting government, cutting spending, giving the people choices. I know they've talked about it before, but they used to be a whole lot more careful about how they said it.

I don't think alot will be soaked in either. It was moving too fast. I think maybe it was for the people of Iowa. They have a decision to make real soon, and may have just been about getting down to business. Most people around the country have a while to choose.

new topics

join