It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA HIDING PICTURES - MALFUNCTIONS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And I just remembered: this crater they are in isn't that exactly 66 feet wide? And all the focus of the world's conspiracy hunters is on the red filter at 600nm. Suddenly this whole Mars mission has fulfilled yet prophecy.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hamilton:

Why do you think they did it on earth?

Why, Why, Why?

Just because the government doesn't tell you everything doesn't mean that every god damned thing they do is a lie.

You think the technology doesn't exist? Or is it just too expensive?

Maybe you'd like to tie this in with the NWO, the Freemasons, the purportedly 'fake' moon landing that has been proved true countless ways, and while you're at it go in on a flat earth, for flavour.

We all know that JPL is just a big #ing ruse, they want our credit card numbers..

Jesus..

And no, there aren't rivers. There are SHADOWS. See, the idea is that there WERE rivers, now we see the RIVER BEDS. You see a picture that looks like a real, flowing river? I'll debunk it, or may I never be spectical again!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

A poster at BadAstro was kind enough to merge the few other images that show both the ground and the sundial with L4 L5 L6 filters.

The top one, and the right one are a straight merge, and the others have reduced blue 40% / green 20%

You can see the sundial is almost exactly like in the image from NASA,(When the proper filters are used) but the ground color is NOT.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hrm, lot of points

emokid: as others have pointed out you are confusing the ESA Mars Express orbiter pics with the NASA rovers, didn't you notice the ESA ones were from a slightly more elevated angle than the Rover ones?

mulder: as triplesod hamilton and a few others have pointed out, the Pancam images come back as black and white plates of each color channel. Each rover has 10 cameras on board.

More info about pancam images here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whoever created this page: mindspring.com...
Is utterly wrong in his assumptions (for reasons we have covered before) all he is showing is what the image would look like if all plates were amplified to maximum exposure. The rovers onboard computer does this to increase the Signal-to-Noise for the transmission back to Earth. This has to be undone before any meaningful images can be created.

As far as the sundial/ground shots not looking exactly the same as the ones released. We have to remember that the automatic exposure levels are equivalent to equalizing the color channels. In this case its pushing the brightest ring of the sundial into white. This method is the best way we have at present to get an approximation of the actual colors, until the full mission data kit is released post-mission.

The obvious problem with it is that any tint to the overall scene is lost. The best example of this it the one showing the airbags and sundial with a little ground behind. It is clearly a late afternoon shot, yet the equalized channels make it appear as brightly lit as an Earth midday.

The one curious point, also pointed out by Archangel, is that there has been a 6 day delay in posting the Spirit sol26 images. Perhaps due to the just-finished recovery operations on Spirit. But we eagerly await their publishing.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
As far as the sundial/ground shots not looking exactly the same as the ones released.

They have NOT released the raw data for the color images on their press page that show both the sundial, and the ground. There is no way to verify these images.

They quickly release all other data. Why not for the images they are using to "prove" the color?

The raw data is there for ALL other color images on the press page.

I must assume these are supposed to be the answer for the questions raised here, and other places about the color.

Sol 26 is not there, and Sol2 does not contain what they claim.

I looked through every single image(twice), and confirmed that they are not there.

Why would NASA hide data?

They have it because they created the image.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by ArchAngel]

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Anyone have even a remotely good explanation for why NASA has had the raw images from Spirit Sol 26 (which they claim were used to produce their true color calibration) for at least nine days (almost certainly more)... yet they don't seem to have posted any of that underlying raw data.

Enquiring minds want to know.

In the meantime, I suppose we can use the Opportunity Sol 15 images to make our own, since they seem to include the dial and the terrain there in (very small) shots using all filters.

That should give us a good idea on what the Opportunity terrain would look like to humans, but still nothing for the Spirit site.

Is anyone else noticing how far off the most recent "calibrated" terrain pictures are from NASA's previous calibrated L4-L5-L6 pictures of Adirondack, Sushi, and Sashimi released on January 19th?

Did they not know how to use their own data as recently as January 19th? Why such a radically different color scheme?

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by BarryKearns]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
Hamilton:

Why do you think they did it on earth?

Why, Why, Why?

If you were a government and you needed billions of dollars for a black budget, what would you do? One of the oldest tricks in the book is to create a lie so big that noone would believe you are lying. But they may infact be up there. But I ask my self: Why, Why, Why?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lilblam

yeah but you have to know, PEOPLE ARENT WHAT THEY SEEM, if i was a happy-go-lucker around you, and in public, but when i get back to my house i could be a serial killer, or a secret agent, oss, YOU NEVER KNOW!!

and bush aine important to me, hes just a low life basterd thats all i can say.... why must you people BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE AND HEAR?? OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE WE ARE NOT ALONE, EVERYONE HAS SECRETS, would you believe me if i said i had 400 laborgeinis? no because its to much, but you would believe me if i said i had children, notice the difference?? just know that secrets are being held by the government, and theyre doing a hell of a job at it to

top topics

<< 1   >>

join