It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astros trade for Miguel Tejada. Murderer's row anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Let's take a look at the speculative lineup shall we:

CF-Michael Bourn (speed merchant, great defense)
2B-Kaz Matsui (prototype 2 hitter with speed, great defense)
RF-Hunter Pence (uber-talented sophomore)
1B-Lance Berkman (steady as they come)
LF-Carlos Lee (RBI machine)
SS-Miguel Tejada (gold glove, stud hitter)
3B-Ty Wiggington (serviceable 15 HR guy)
C-J.R. Towles (good hitting catcher, not a great arm)
P-?

The top 6 are going to be devastating. The top two are capable of 30 steals or more. The next four are gonna be a nightmare for opposing pitchers. The starting pitching gets a little dicey after Oswalt so we're gonna need to outscore people. Bullpen is average at best.

The balls will be flyin' out of Minute Maid.....from both teams!

Peace

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think the line-up is in the top 5 but it still doesnt hold up to the phillies, the tigers, the mets, yankees, maybe even the rockies.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'll give you the Tigers because that lineup is ridiculous, but those others I'm not so sure.

Maybe the Mets too.

I'm being a homer here so work with me.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I wouldn't call the lineup devasting. It is just a little closer to a normal American league team. You have a couple core guys, and a rest of journey men and some kids.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Tejada should have a good year in that hitter's park in a lineup with those guys, but I'm not sold on them being one of the best lineups. Top ten for sure though.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
SS-Miguel Tejada (gold glove, stud hitter,Roid head)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Great timing on the thread huh?

Astros "legend" (he might not be after this) Jeff Bagwell, was named. The "stuff" is gonna hit the fan. The good thing though is we're not alone.

Peace

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Fellow Astros fan here! I'm glad they finally pulled off this trade that's two years in the making. I'm not too happy about giving up Luke Scott. He's pretty good. But I'm glad to get Tejada, especially considering Adam Everett was our shortstop.

About the Mitchell Report thing - Bagwell wasn't mentioned..........was he?

I thought it was a false report by the New York Times or something that had him and Pujols in there, but that wasn't true? I haven't read the report so I don't know.

Originally posted by hikix
I think the line-up is in the top 5 but it still doesnt hold up to the phillies, the tigers, the mets, yankees, maybe even the rockies.

Phillies - No
Mets - Possibly
Yankees - No
Rockies -

Tigers - Yes

Gotta admit...the Tigers got a pretty damn good looking line up.

But games aren't played on paper

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
About the Mitchell Report thing - Bagwell wasn't mentioned..........was he?

I guess not. I thought Crakeur had mentioned Bagwell's name in the Mitchell report thread. It might have just been speculation. I'm glad he wasn't named.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A name not being mentioned doesn't mean a whole lot though. I really hope Bagwell doesn't get included though as I was always a big fan. But the way they gathered their resources, it was inevitable that New York guys were going to be put under the bus here.

Two noticeable absentees of this list are McGwire and Sosa.

Does anyone actually believe their innocence?

I strongly believe that anyone implicated here, should be ineligible for the Hall of Fame. The best players of our generation, and some of the best of all time.. do not deserve a ticket to Cooperstown. Tell 'em to go grab a seat next to Shoeless Joe and Ol' Petey boy. (The irony in that I've felt strongly that Joe & Pete both deserve a spot)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Mac wasn't mentioned as a user with proof but the man was mentioned all over the place with regards to his admission of using Ando which was later banned. Also, the implication is probably in there (I don't have the time or patience to read the whole report).

Let's be honest, at this point would anyone be surprised if 75% of the league came clean and said they used at some point?

new topics

top topics

join