It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting read from another site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I found this thread on another site a rather interesting read. I hope that I have paid proper credit to the original poster and my source of this thread.

christiannewswire.com...
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas, Dec. 5 /Christian Newswire/ -- Recent high-profile discussions about UFOs and the call by former pilots and officials for full government disclosure concerning what is known -- if anything -- about these strange aerial sightings have people of all walks of life speculating about the nature and intention of extra-terrestrial entities.

Among others, Bible scholars have long been intrigued by the weight of historical evidence suggesting unearthly contact by interdimensional beings. Theological discussion on this topic has grown recently due to the increase in sightings of unexplained phenomena. Some believe this may be a sign that the earth is teetering toward an epic event.

Shortly before his death in 2005, ABC news anchor, Peter Jennings, narrated an extensive documentary on UFOs. The History Channel, A&E, The National Geographic channel, Discovery and others followed with documentaries on UFO sightings, abductions, visitations, even ghostly apparitions that were recorded in UFO flap areas. Then a well-publicized UFO event occurred in 2006 when a metallic, disc-shaped craft was witnessed hovering over Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. The sighting was important because the witnesses included American Airlines ground personnel, passengers, pilots, and the airport's air traffic controllers.

read the full article

[edit: reduced quoted content, added appropriate external source tags]
Quoting external sources - Please Read

[edit on 12-12-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Burks

While I find what you have presented here as intriguing, why do I get the feeling you are promoting for the publisher to buy a book on this date?

Thanks but no thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. Like you, I found the subject matter quite interesting. As for myself, to be quite blunt, I dont care if they sell a single copy, it has no bearing on me either way. Dont confuse what the original posters motives may or may not be with my own thoughts and opinions. I clearly stated that this was a thread from another site and not my own. Its the subject matter I find interesting, not wheather anyone sells any books.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for editing out the part about free gifts if people purchas the book today. It did come across as a sales pitch, in my opinion, and a little to coincidental that the subject is posted here on the same date.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Enthralled, thank the mods on that one. I'm kinda new and didnt know how to use the external link code. My bad. Link reviewed, and thanks again for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So, does anyone know anything about this book or the authors viewpoints? It comes off as quite wide reaching in scope. Seems to make an attempt to tie many different facets of several topics together. Any thoughts on the content?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Burks

I haven't read it, or any Terry James books. It sounds like some "science-faction" type book.

Check out the Amazon Book Review..

Lori and Mark's Christianity will play a key role in the fight against forces that are beyond fighting through other methods.

Honestly, James comes across as a well read conspiracy theorist who is unwilling/unable to let go of his christian beliefs... so he's trying to reconcile his beliefs with his life's work.... i.e. paint something as "bad" like the gov't... this "bad thing" is keeping you from spiritual enlightenment (the aliens)... and in the end good conquers evil. So basically like every story you've ever heard.

top topics

join