It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Increases Concerns About Climate Model Reliability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

New Study Increases Concerns About Climate Model Reliability

www.sciencedaily.com

A new study comparing the composite output of 22 leading global climate models with actual climate data finds that the models do an unsatisfactory job of mimicking climate change in key portions of the atmosphere.

This research, published online in the Royal Meteorological Society's International Journal of Climatology, raises new concerns about the reliability of models used to forecast global warming.

"The usual discussion is whether the climate model forecasts of Earth's climate 100 years or so into the future are realistic," said the lead author, Dr. David H. Douglass from the University of Rochester. "Here we have something more fundamental: Can the models accurately explain the climate from the recent past? "It seems that the answer is no."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www3.interscience.wiley.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
New Study Explodes Human-Global Warming Story
Al Gore is wrong on global warming
Global Warming - a PHILOSOSPOHICAL approach

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yes, I am barking up the global warming tree again.

OK, here is a a story about a study that goes against what everyone has been saying. I do not know much about the journal Science Daily, but see 5 other articles on the web page conerning global warming and they would all disagree on how I feel about global warming.

The models they use are the same models used by the IPCC in their recent study that was awarded the Nobel peace prize along with Algore.

The models used, according to this study, disagree with the observations, and they feel the projection of future termperature change and climate changed should be viewed with caution. The original study performed by the IPCC came to the conclusion that any differences from their data and their conclusion must be due to errors in the data.

This is what I mean when i accuse the global warming fear people of having a preconceived ending to their results. They do study after study with the same goal in mind.
One of the authors of this article is John Christy, a a climatologist at the University of Alabama. I will admit he is a noted global warming skeptic, but "was a major conributor to the 2001 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and is one of the world's premier authorities on collection and analysis of satellite-derived temperature data, having been commended by both NASA and the American Meteorological Society for his efforts."
www.foxnews.com...

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is just exactly the same information as your other thread.

Do we really need to discuss the same study twice? The problem with the last one was that you used a very misleading, almost disinforming, news source.

Science daily is a tad more reliable.

But the study is the same.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
MY BAD.

Can a moderator please close this thread.

top topics

join