It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA SWAT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grozny07
I did a search of the forums and was surprised to see no one has, as of yet, written about NASA's SWAT team. They don't deny it.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Grozny07]

Why would NASA deny it? These teams are used to secure shuttle launch sites, etc...etc...etc...

No biggie...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
People tend to not believe that NASA has a SWAT team, that's all. Advertising them is a deterrent (potential trouble makers would realize they would have to get through the team first), but NASA keeps the team pretty low profile. Maybe for OPSEC reasons. Either way, it's just something that not too many people know about.

I wasn't implying that they are space commandos trained to kill little green aliens.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here's an old photo of a Dustoff Huey at Soc Trang, Vietnam with the 82nd Medical detachment in 1967.

Soc Trang

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am part of the team that rebuilds the Huey for NASA and the UH-1 is actually for shuttle support and does not have the mini-gun system equipped on it. Also when these are finished being rebuilt it is like new again.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just another tidbit about that SWAT team. The members are deputized by the Sheriff of Brevard County Florida. They have %100 arrest powers and actually go as far as ticketing employees/visitors to the KSC. They where put together initially by former military combat arms members. I however don't no if that is still an active requirement but, in the beginning, this was absolutely required.
Didn't mean to hijack the thread if I did.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. I just realised this is another one of those resurrected posts. Why do people do this? I am sorry to have replied to an almost year old post. Sheesh, who digs these things up anyways?

Ah, another anonymous poster. That explains it somewhat.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by vance]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Actually their arrest authority does not come from Brevard County Sheriff. All the Officers and SWAT are all Federal Agents with Federal arrest authority.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Reason why the UH-1 is still used is because it is a proven workhorse helicopter that can withstand quite alot and is very tough and has alot to offer. It is simple in design, low cost, doesnt need all the electronic gizmo's, just a good pilot and a tank of gas and that thing will get you through hell and back several times over and still fly with holes from ground fire.

As to NASA's Inspector General, perhaps they should investigate the criminal acts done by NASA itself to the taxpaying public and holding back data that we pay for in their missions.

Their SWAT team is a security force. It is also there in case someone gets the bright idea of trying to hitch a free ride or sabotage something. And, they are there for DOD reasons and national security reasons.

I dont agree with alot of it, because NASA was more open to the public in the Apollo era, and now has become just another "off limits" agency like any other government block.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Dont see anything wrong with reviving an old thread, just because its old doesnt mean its unworthy of a revisit.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
These guy's are simpily the SWAT team of the Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Security Police.

lh5.ggpht.com...
shoulder patch

www.usacops.com...
website

They have about 400 sworn officers and all are federal LEOs.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It is interesting that they are sworn Federal LEO's (meaning that the federal government is willing to swear them in) but they must use helos with civilian N numbers????

Remember, a federal agent is a federal agent....even the US Post Office Inspectors are sworn federal agents with full training at FLTEC Brunswick (Federal law Enforcement Training Center)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join