It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recovered Piece Of UFO! Is This Irrefutable Evidence Of Alien Presence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Finally, I found the test results I recalled comparing BW's object and 360 aluminum alloy. It was a test done by Los Alamos Laboratories and I only found a scanned image.

This was the test where the technician told Bob that he believed the object was extraterrestrial and later denied that he said that. Bob also believes the lab of keeping part of the sample that they cut off.

I also recall that there was a rare strontium isotope ratio that was similar to meteorites from Mars if you are interested in looking that up. They were supposed to do a test to confirm that, and that was the last I heard of it.

reply to post by mikesingh

Bob won't use a computer so e-mail is out of the question. You could try Dr. Gibbons e-mail and ask questions through him or I think they have a phone number that you can talk to him or one of his associates.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
you have too pay too become a member of hard evidence site just too see the evidence? makes me wonder....

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by Solarskye

or maybe because it came from a UFO

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Odessy]

A UFO is "unidentified flying object" humans can surely fly them.

I'm not saying it's 100% manmade flying material, but it's a possability. And it could come from another world. I just don't see where it fits being a piece of alien ship? Could it come from a meteor or pieces flying in space. Did the guy see the ship it came from? It's difinetly interesting and a mystery piece. But it seems like anything found that doesn't look earthly always ends up with the words alien craft etc...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Firstly, it just looks like a chunk of solid metal.

There dosen't seem to be any complexity to the object and could'nt possibly have any practical use.

One of the analyses showed that it had a central portion with a different density, i.e. different composition.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Finally, I found the test results I recalled comparing BW's object and 360 aluminum alloy. It was a test done by Los Alamos Laboratories and I only found a scanned image.

But this doesn't say anything about the sampling technique. XRF won't work with a large bulk of material, only with polished thin sections or powders. Did they drill right through the object? Did they even know at that time that it wasn't homogeneous?

To answer the questions in the image, I imagine that 0.003% would be the statistical error in the technique and that it was possible to identify fluorescence due to lanthanides in general but not possible to distinguish them at the low levels in which they were found.

I also recall that there was a rare strontium isotope ratio that was similar to meteorites from Mars if you are interested in looking that up. They were supposed to do a test to confirm that, and that was the last I heard of it.

Strontium isotope ratios typical of material from Mars are not that rare in Earth materials. I think the additional test required was a chromium isotope ratio and I don't know if that's been done.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tayga
But this doesn't say anything about the sampling technique. XRF won't work with a large bulk of material, only with polished thin sections or powders.

They cut a thin slice off the bulb end and one off of the tail for testing.

Did they drill right through the object? Did they even know at that time that it wasn't homogeneous?

I don't know about now, but they hadn't at that time.

Strontium isotope ratios typical of material from Mars are not that rare in Earth materials. I think the additional test required was a chromium isotope ratio and I don't know if that's been done.

I think they were working on getting funds to do the chromium isotope ratio testing, the last I heard.

You seem to know quite a bit about this stuff, so if you have time please read my old thread toward the end regarding this. Maybe you could explain what this testing means. From what I gather, it would prove the material did not originate from Earth. Thanks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Bob won't use a computer so e-mail is out of the question. You could try Dr. Gibbons e-mail and ask questions through him or I think they have a phone number that you can talk to him or one of his associates.

Good luck.

Thanks Hal! Let's see what comes up.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for posting Mike... as always you do great research before posting
the object looks strange... God knows what its purpose is...

but... I see some similarities with any wooden piece or wooden art, does anybody thinks similar...

(I am new anybody please tell me how you flag a post??)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here is reply to post by punkinworks

Punkinworks is correct.

While working in the metal industry most of my life, I have seen this and know what it is.
It is the residual excess of a cut-off wheel and the metal being cut.
The chop saw “blade” is an abrasive composite disk much like the hand-held cutting wheel tools. These industrial chop saws can have wheels over 20 inches in diameter and spin at 16 to 20,000 rpm. When cutting long sections of I-beams or angle iron, pipe etc, the cutting wheel looses some of the material as well as the metal being cut. And often different types of metal go through the machine making the excess to be comprised of different alloys.

The machine has a safety backstop behind the cut-off wheel that the material gets trapped in to prevent the sparks and bits of shrapnel from bouncing back and hitting you or anyone nearby. Over a long period of time, this build-up forms these elongated shapes in this “feathered” pattern. They can be quite heavy depending on the type of metal being cut and as long as 12 to 18 inches. The image Punkinworks posted is a small build-up.

You can see the bottom of the fatter end is flat and looks like it was broken off of something. That’s because it was.

I had broken one off of these machines one time because it hadn’t dropped off on its own from the weight and would have been a hazard because the material was starting to bounce back at me. And they are quite weird looking. I even showed it around to other workers and took it home and took photos of it. I’ll try to find them and post them here.

Here are the wheels: www.globalspec.com...

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Jakman]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Thanks for that info Bob & Hal9000. Conglickuam how this OP brings in beyond Maj, isn't it?

Dallas

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

Dallas, long time no see.

Please tell me your not going out driving in that condition?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

you wont find any grindings from a cut off wheel that has a vickers hardness scale of 61 to 62.
aint going to happen in your lifetime.
after 10 labs have had pieces of this thing to test i BELIEVE they would have said it fell off the budwieser truck if it was terrestrial in origin.
los alamos called it an unknown object of unknown origin 19 times in their report.
white was told it was extraterrestrial in origin by the los alamos scientist who did the testing on it.
he passed a polygraph test to that question about the scientist saying that on jane goldmans show. he took two tests for that show. passed both with no question to his telling the truth.
you wont see the chad effect on ANY ALUMINUM produced on any poor line in any aluminum factory that solidify in a layered effect seen in the white object.
you cant get aluminum to do that in an oxyegen enviroment. wont happen.
what casting plant is going to have all the elements in it that the white object has in it and MAKE THAT BAD A POOR..dont make sense and IF ITS a bad 360 or 360a WHERE IS THE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT elements that should be in it. THAT whould be TIN..
AND iF THIS IS A SO CALLED RUN OFF from some casting plant just show me some of these that look like the object white has.
ive NEVER SEEN ANYONE produce a picture of anything that looks even close to what he has. NOT ONE PERSON.
now if this was so common an occurance lets find one guys..should be a piece of cake dont ya think.

dont forget that thermal neutron radiation which is so common ON EARTH..
thats not factual though. thermal neutron readiation is only present in a nuclear reactor or out side of earths atomosphere from gama bursts from the sun.
you have gamma and beta readiation which is commone on our planet.
thermal neuatron is not common.,
by the way mr white is a retired musician and entertainer so im sure has lots of forging and casting experience in metal manufacting.
use a bit of common sense when you make a reply on this thread. keerist.
all i want to see is a piece of metal that is made from ALUMINUM that looks ANYTHING lile what he has shown.
so far no show is the name of that tune.,
the object shown with the shape is an iron base which you can find along any railroad track in the world. its brake slag off of the wheel carriages produced when emergeny stops are made.

los alamos cutting

close up of the chads on object.

polygraph test for jane goldman presents.

piece return from los alamos. doesnt match the base of the object.
they kept a large slice that wasnt authorized.
5 months after the tests done on the white metal LOS ALAMOS patented 2 knew aluminum alloys from the lab that did the testing on whites metal.
now aint that courious../

xray exposure on dental film.
no random scatter to the exposure. it is a directed exposure.

basice gama beta test on tv done with standard geiger counter.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I remember reading about this and seeing videos about it years ago, quite interesting. Didn't the government get hold of it and say it's nothing like they always do? They gave it back to him with a LOT of the object missing.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by larryroyc

I believe you were trying to reply to Jakman who brought up the metal slag.

Also, if I recall larryroyc, aren't you a friend of Bob's? If so, did he ever have the chromium isotope ratio test done?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It’s interesting that many people have theories about this object that relate to their background. It’s no different to the explanations I hear in my day job. Chemists put forward chemical explanations, engineers engineering ones and physicists physical ones. No surprise.

That is exactly why a place like ATS might solve a mystery where others fail. Even if the ideas are wrong it quickly eliminates the wrong answers. Of course, I'm guilty of stating the obvious again.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

thermal neutron tests done with the same equipment used by our government.

thermal neutrons detected from object.
3 different bubble chambers where used. all 3 show neutrons present.
7 test where run on the object. san diego tests where performed nov 07.

here is the name of the police officer who gave the tests.
call him up if you have doubts.

pretty tough questions..have you ever lied to anyone to cover something up. who on this board could pass that question alone let alone the rest of them.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by larryroyc

The part about the piece not matching may be a red herring. The saw blade removes a slice slightly larger than its width due to the wow in the blade. This is an issue in lapidary work when cutting valuable material. To cut it you destroy part of the material nearly equal to the slab you are cutting. From the photo and the size of the blade used about an eight of an inch would have been lost. When I saw the picture I'm surprised they did not use a smaller blade like one used to cut opal.

[edit on 12/13/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
To me the object looks almost organic ..which of course brings me to think of Geiger( which was already mentioned), I cant imagine what its purpose could be. I can only assume that since it is an "unknown" material that it mustve been created by an unknown process and therefore is truly a mystery. Its interesting that items like this always seem to fall thru the cracks of the general media and that whenever there is ever anything interesting like this there's almost never any even halfway decent coverage of it...how is it possible that there is so little legit reporting of such stories and yet each day we are bombarded with "look at what else has gone wrong in the world today" stories?I dont even like to watch the regular news anymore for the fact that its just so damned depressing. I sure wold like to find out more about the topic at hand..I am still new to ATS and all the related websites and forums...but these are subjects I have always been interested in..just never knew where to look..mebbe Now I can find out more of WTF is going on around the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Very interesting I wonder what it might be. If it's extraterrestrial it could be used for anything we have no idea about. Don't think its right to speculate on the look, purpose of the thing. It could be used for anything. Its a riddle

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here is the MSDS fact sheet on one cut off wheels composition.
Doesn't it seem coincidental that the elements and amounts are in the same order in both the Los Alamos test results and the hazard sheet?
This is of course of the elements that are in this particular cut off wheel.

Products may contain any of the following ingredients:
Chemical Identity CAS Number Percent
Aluminum Oxide 1344-28-1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join