It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destruction of the World...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I believe that someday the world will fall due to ourselves attacking one another in a Nuclear War. Isn't it something like that if a Nuclear Bomb were to go off, then we couldn't inhabit the area for at least two generations...providing that anyone would actually survive...

Do you think that the world we live in today, will be destroyed by petty arguments, and war? I do. I wonder who would make the first strike...would it be a terrorist group...or another country....or would it be the United States doing a so called "premptive strike" in the interests of our national security?

Please tell me if you think that this prediction holds ground, or if it is a load of crap...

Bill

EDIT: Perhaps, we may all die becauase of a Bio or Chem weapon too...

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by USAMRIID]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Of course we'll die off to nuclear war. It's a given. with all of the disputes we have now, they'll only get worse with the increasing fire-power. Besides, In the future we may come up with something more deadly than the nuclear warhead. But I'm sure the human race will end due to a nuclear war of some kind.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Excatly, but it really sickens me that it isn't going to be Aleins, or a comet...were going to commit suicide (so to speak)! I don't see the point in having these damned weapons...is there honsetly a point? Besides the fact of defense, which we wouldn't need that if people didn't cry over every little thing...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That's not a prediction. That's speculation based on common consensus and is already popular anyway..

It's like saying "I predict that within the next billion years, a big comet will strike Earth"

But did ya add anything NEW to this idea?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know...I'm not saying a billion years...what I'm saying is that if things don't change...soon...something bad WILL happen...soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAMRIID
I don't know...I'm not saying a billion years...what I'm saying is that if things don't change...soon...something bad WILL happen...soon.

Bad is relative. But big change is coming soon, that much can be positively asserted.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I agree, things will change soon. Hopefully for the best, but probably for the worse...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What ever does happen we can only hope and pray for the best. That much is certain. Why are we so hell bent on protecting ourselves from our enemies instead of making peace without the need for weapons? It seems in this day and age all our government wants is war instead of peace and they'll find any excuse to make war possible.

IMO they seem to enjoy going to war. Strange.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I vote for a coming ice age, maybe I am being brainwashed by the continued material I have been supplied with and read.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah i agree we will all die cause of a war, but its not going to be today or tomorrow or Feb.9th its gonna be in a long time and by that time there will be homes adn colonies on other planets

top topics

join