It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with 9/11 Madness (argumentum ad hominem veritas)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This is the inspiration for my actions in the 9/11 topics. While the topics are very important to me, I fear that allowing the nastiness to continue will cause more harm than good. And I can't tolerate the idea that content on ATS may cause harm in a case such as this.

I understand your position and I respect it. My purpose in posting in this thread was simply to state the frustration that the 9/11 "truthers" feel, as well as their tendency to let their emotions get the best of them, in MY opinion, is justifiable after all these years....even though it pushes the limits of your terms and agreements. I have spoken my peace today knowing it violates your terms, but I can't apologize.

Regardless, you have my respect...as always.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I think you should have read it better. Agree to disagree?

"Read it better...." LMAO!

Oh, Jesus, now I can't even be mad at YOU!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
DONT ASK THIS QUESTION what time did you hear about 9/11 noticed the sxxt hit the fan when i did me i heard about it at 11.40 GMT WHICH IS 6.40 IN NEW YORK GO FIGURE THAT
edit on Sun Sep 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

If you can't be bothered to read the thread, at least try to read the first post and maybe the last page or two.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I vote BoneZ to be new mod on the 9/11 forums.. he seems to know what he is talking about and is right about how the forums get a crackdown and then it goes away after a week because of lack of moderation.

This should be considered,
I second the motion.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

I agree also. He stands ready to defend his positions with facts, not hyperbole or insults.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I have spoken my peace today knowing it violates your terms, but I can't apologize.

You really should consider something that comes across as an apology.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

Maybe it's time for ATS members that frequent the 9/11 forum to have a democratic election on a MOD that can fairly clean up that section. You get rid of the troll like posters from both sides and you will have solved a major problem at ATS. Some will call it censorship, I call it restoring sensibility and stability to a forum that gets way out of hand at times, to the point that SO has to make a thread like this.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

you might as well walk away and take a breather. I dont think youd win even if you brought a valid argument. Good luck in life and remember, the internet isnt reality. Relax and go outside and remember what life is. As for SO.. I see your putting an effort into wording things differently. Enjoy

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by felonius

I've got nothing against SO.. just from a business stand point, I don't agree with his actions. Though if its his wishes to tarnish the reputation of what he has created, so be it. I wouldnt go as far as to call him an ass.. we get to converse on the site regardless of whether we agree with his conditions.

It really does suck when someone you actually admire reveals "feet of clay".

The work done to create a site like this is admirable.

My wife (surprisingly not terribly conspiratorial) told me the site was probably "fly paper" for the alphabet agencies

When you get two bulls in close quarters your gonna get sparks I guess.

All this over a request. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Obviously, we seem to be involved in a sort of "war".

Truth is ALWAYS the first casualty in war.

Star and virtual flag.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

i hope your implying of looking up to someone wasnt directed at me. Regardless.. Starting a website isnt hard. Making a business and gaining revenue, and traffic flow is. With that said.. The best site goes to the one with the best content, not the most members. Unfortunately it is the case though. Even if alphabet orgs had hands dipping into ATS, they couldnt stop the transfer of information. Get contacts of people and contact off the forum if you wish to discuss anything ATS wont allow. Thats what ATS cant take away from their own creation. The network of somewhat like minded individuals. Take advantage of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I vote BoneZ to be new mod on the 9/11 forums.. he seems to know what he is talking about and is right about how the forums get a crackdown and then it goes away after a week because of lack of moderation.

This should be considered,
I second the motion.

I agree also. He stands ready to defend his positions with facts, not hyperbole or insults.

Thank you again, everyone, for the vote of confidence. Very much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Maybe it's time for ATS members that frequent the 9/11 forum to have a democratic election on a MOD that can fairly clean up that section. You get rid of the troll like posters from both sides and you will have solved a major problem at ATS. Some will call it censorship, I call it restoring sensibility and stability to a forum that gets way out of hand at times, to the point that SO has to make a thread like this.

That's a fine idea, Blue Jay!

Those of us who hang out in the 9-11 forums (I'll admit I stopped for a while) do surely recognize the people who are best suited for such a position, even as we recognize the ones who most likely will be trolling or overreacting. The players are all pretty much the same from thread to thread, with the usual amount of drop ins who share their opinions in the mix.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

That's a fine idea, Blue Jay!

Those of us who hang out in the 9-11 forums (I'll admit I stopped for a while) do surely recognize the people who are best suited for such a position, even as we recognize the ones who most likely will be trolling or overreacting. The players are all pretty much the same from thread to thread, with the usual amount of drop ins who share their opinions in the mix.

And it comes in waves until a MOD bans them, then magically somehow new persons pick up the flag and hold it for that side and march forward posting, have you ever noticed that in the 9/11 forums, it really does make you wonder. Since they have different posting styles I don't think it's people going around the ban either. But there always seems to be at least 1/2 dozen at any given time, I am including both sides for this.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I have spoken my peace today knowing it violates your terms, but I can't apologize.

You really should consider something that comes across as an apology.

Hmmm.

I still haven't had an apology from you for calling my request stupid and implying that I'm a troll.

I even expounded on the point in the hopes that there was an obvious communication breakdown preventing mutual understanding.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As you may or may not be aware, we keep records of all actions against an account, and can look up such occurrences. In March of 2010, I removed two posts of yours because they were nothing more and overt insults directed at an ATS members. The same for one post yesterday. Those are the only actions I took, and I never commented in either thread.

I am aware you keep records. I remember the posts you removed. However, there are some facts you have left out. At the time, I U2U'd asking why my posts were removed and I received warnings, yet you allowed several "debunkers" to attack me and try to derail my thread without doing the same to them. It was only AFTER I brought this to your attention that you took action against them as well. I also would like to clarify that I never said you commented in that thread. You did, however, reply to my U2U's and it was within the content of those messages where you implied I had some connection to this "no planers" group.

As for the post yesterday you are speaking of, I sent you a U2U early this morning asking for the details of that post that you removed indicating that I didn't remember even posting in that thread and you have yet to answer my request. I wish you would clear this up for me, because either my memory has completely deteriorated or something is amiss.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I still haven't had an apology from you for calling my request stupid and implying that I'm a troll.

The reason is that I don't think it's necessary, and I believe your insistence on this is just mere pot-stirring.

Your question was indeed a stupid one for anyone who posts here on ATS. Asking if you "cant blame the govt", in the context of this thread and this forum, after a simple reminder to maintain decorum, comes across as disingenuous. As I already tried to explain in a more succinct manner here, for which you're now engaged in feigned indignation.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I sent you a U2U early this morning asking for the details of that post...

I get an average of 20-30 private messages a day -- and it's Sunday which are mostly reserved for Mrs. Overlord.

Just responded.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Maybe it's the fact that from the very beggining some could not understand the difference between personally attacking other posters, From attacking the Government which everyone here does. Not trying to be rude to you at all brother. It's really such a simple rule to follow. I would let it go my friend, They are doing their best. There has to be law here, period. Without it, This place would quickly turn into nothing short of a circus side show. ~SheopleNation

new topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join