It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with 9/11 Madness (argumentum ad hominem veritas)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Former CIA susan Lindauer spill her guts to Late Night in the Midlands host Michael Vara [ 911 was an inside job and she was locked up 5 years for telling the truth. See has the proof and we urge you to listen to this podcast if you ever had any dought. 911 was an inside job and anyone that can not see that really is not paying attention.

www.latenightinthemidlands.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Bumping this thread to get the attention of everyone who posts in the 9/11 forum.

STOP THE MADNESS!

Act civil in accordance with our very damn simple rules of decorum and civility, or we will be forced to consider what the hell we do with this forum.

Seriously. This is no joke. Some of the participation here of late has seen a pathetic level of pettiness from all sides of the debate.

Consider the the entire forum ON NOTICE!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Obviously the OS believers would like nothing more than to see this forum gone..

Sadly you are playing right into their hands..

Maybe just moderate the forum more harshly and impose post/permanent bans on ANYONE who breaks from the T&C's ????

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Obviously the OS believers would like nothing more...

And you have illustrated part of the problem.

It's not inherently evil to believe the "official story," and it's immature and impolite to denigrate people who do.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
THANK GOD

or just overlord

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Agreed. It has gotten out of hand.
But lets not be rash in banishing it just the fools that make it impossible to sensibly discuss.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It's not inherently evil to believe the "official story," and it's immature and impolite to denigrate people who do.

It's still a FACT that they are the ones that would like to see the forum gone..
The entire purpose of the 9/11 forum is to question the OS as far as I can tell..
Insinuating that my views are immature or impolite are a little below you SO..

I would say I am neither..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah. Not allowing the topic of 9/11 would be problematic to too many members. Even members like me that are barely interested. I would have to stand by fellow members that come here almost solely for that reason or were directed here for that topic originally.

At least the fight is out of passion. That is something to be proud of, to have presented a forum that promotes this expression.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

It's still a FACT that they are the ones that would like to see the forum gone.

No such "FACT" is known to exist.

We (ATS) have actually taken more "heat" from "9/11 truthers" for supporting a balanced discussion than those who favor the official story.

And in a recent review of the way people are posting, I must say that supporters of the conspiracies are among the worst offenders right now. Sorry, but that's how it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Awesome, I hope this works out. Does this mean the word/stereotype 'truther' aka 'toofer' can go down the toliet where it belongs now? Hell, I might start posting in the 9-11 forum again

Edit:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It's still a FACT that they are the ones that would like to see the forum gone.

No such "FACT" is known to exist.

Um...

Originally posted by yahn goodey
i for one would prefer that thread is dropped completly

edit on 3-9-2011 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I can believe that.. easily.
I myself am one to believe the OS but think the government was pretty aware.
So I know how pushy both sides can be. Unfortunately I get the feeling my stance is the most reasonable, but is somehow the minority. I know, I'm living in the twilight zone.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

And in a recent review of the way people are posting, I must say that supporters of the conspiracies are among the worst offenders right now. Sorry, but that's how it is.

So then use the T&C you have in place and ban them..

Please don't take away a forum that gives members a legitimate medium to air their question..

ATS is not supposed to be about censorship and that is what a decision like that would amount to..
9/11 is probably the biggest conspiracy theory in the wold today and ATS is the biggest conspiracy site..

link   
reply to post by twitchy

Calling another member "twoofer" or "shill" (or similar) in any derogatory manner within the 9/11 forum will most likely result in a "9/11 Madness" warning... and if we notice it's been happening with regularity by a particular member (after this announcement), the account will be terminated without warning.

link   

Does this mean we can discuss the "no plane theory" without being called nuts?!

Nevertheless, I suppose this reminder was expected.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

ATS is not supposed to be about censorship ...

Now that pissed me off, even though I fully expected "someone" to cry "censorship" over this action.

We've been warning those who participate in the 9/11 forum for years to clean up their act. If a topic can't be discussed in the manner we insist, that topic is in danger of being removed. Simple.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Does this mean we can discuss the "no plane theory" without being called nuts?!

No-plane theory threads are typically moved to HOAX or Skunk Works depending on the source material.

It is considered a hoax here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Fair enough.

May I inquire as to why no-plane theories are handled in such a manner?
edit on 3-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It has finally come to this.I'm not surprised,the threads here between both sides have become shrill and petty.Especially now as we approach the 10th anniversary but,the bad blood as been around for some time.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ATS is not supposed to be about censorship ...

Now that pissed me off, even though I fully expected "someone" to cry "censorship" over this action.

We've been warning those who participate in the 9/11 forum for years to clean up their act. If a topic can't be discussed in the manner we insist, that topic is in danger of being removed. Simple.

I call a spade a spade...

That aside, why just keep warning?
Actions speak louder than words and obviously you have been talking rather than acting..

That's not meant as an insult as I know personally that ATS is a lot softer on members than they need to be..

I just say, use the powers you have to clean up the forum rather than simply give up on it...
It's too big an issue IMO to just abandon...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Huh..what happened
I posted a reply after the survey. What's going on around here? Are we not being civil with each other again
I just landed in here because of the U2U.

Come on guys...be nice so the thread doesn't get shut down...please

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join