It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read Al Gore's Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Read Al Gore's Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech

www.alternet.org

Seven years ago tomorrow, I read my own political obituary in a judgment that seemed to me harsh and mistaken -- if not premature. But that unwelcome verdict also brought a precious if painful gift: an opportunity to search for fresh new ways to serve my purpose.

Unexpectedly, that quest has brought me here. Even though I fear my words cannot match this moment, I pray what I am feeling in my heart will be communicated clearly enough that those who hear me will say, "We must act."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This really is too much - make sure and read the whole speech as Gore sets himself up as some kind of messiah.

His inaccuracies and lies aren't confined to "An Inconvenient Truth". Here he carries on, as he fawns over heads of state and tries to resurrect his political career.

This guy would be funny if he weren't so dangerous.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
amen to the poster above, reading that sums up much of the movement, egotistical moralising gravy train merchants

Words cannot convey how much Gore annoys me.

Surely the Nobel Prize is about the most devalued award going

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
How is he setting himself up as a Messiah? He didn't do any self-promotion or portray himself as someone who has all the answers. He is trying to make people aware of what he sees as a problem.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If Al Gore had any class at all, he would have declined the Nobel Prize. He has done nothing to earn it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Agreed. At this to the long list of people who don't deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, but accepted it anyway. FOR SHAME!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So many people say why oh why Bush? To answer that question all I need to say is Al Gore...

There is two ways to vote. One is to vote someone into office and the other is to vote to keep someone out of office, and not too many actually voted to put Bush in office as much as to keep Gore out of it.

Damn those democrats for putting up such crappy choices.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

If Al Gore had any class at all, he would have declined the Nobel Prize. He has done nothing to earn it.

I agree 100%. When I heard that Al gore won the Nobel Prize it made me sick to my stomach. I'm not sure what is worse Al Gore winning the prize or going back a few years when Jimmy Carter won it, it's a real toss up for me...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

The message that gore is putting across IMO is this;
"Listen to me, for I am your saviour. I and I alone am responsible for teaching about the greatest threat the planet has faced. CO2 is the devil, and I am here to fight the devil."

As far as delivering a message he believes in?
BAH - if he believed it, he wouldn't own 3 palatial homes, and fly around the world on promotional tours for his books by private jet.

The man is a self serving hypocrite, and a dangerous one at that, who lies in order to further his political goals - he wants to be president, and he sees climate change as a vehicle for this.

I cannot politely explain the absolute abhorrence I have for this man.

The great liar and deceiver of our time.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ah...I do enjoy the good Al Gore thread.

I'd tell you how I feel about this man and his so called agenda, but I think it's all been covered pretty well already.

Point is, he sees himself as above the things he preaches. He tells us to walk around and ride bikes to work, while he continues to zip around in private jets and limos. It's the ultimate case of hypocrisy.

The whole global warming scam itself is the defining example of hypocrisy and deceit of our time.

join