It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sellafield worker in bomb scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Sellafield worker in bomb scare

news.bbc.co.uk

A bomb has been discovered at the home of a contractor recently employed at the Sellafield nuclear plant.

Explosive experts were called to Southey Walk in Egremont, Cumbria, on Monday afternoon, where the "rudimentary device" was made safe.

Police are now seeking Darren Morris, the property's current occupant, who was last seen in a local pub.

The 30-year-old is understood to have been involved in maintenance work at the nuclear reprocessing complex.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sellafield Nuclear Pant is used for the processing of atomic fuel and aids in the cleanup of waste.

I wonder what it's all about. I very much doubt that he is a disgruntled employee as he has only just been there. Maybe he was just going to use it as a "joke" or some other retarded bit of entertainment for himself.

Anyway, this will probably be the most exciting thing to grace the front page of our local newspaper since the crackdown by two police officers on littering!

And I have just heard (and found the link) that they have arrested someone of the same age but the man remains unnamed.

www.bloomberg.com...

Dec. 12 (Bloomberg) -- U.K. police arrested a 30-year-old man yesterday in connection with a bomb found at the home of a contractor who worked at the Sellafield nuclear site, Cumbria police said.

``We arrested someone last night,'' Neil Wardley, a spokesman for the Penrith-based police, said by phone today. He declined to identify the man.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/12/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

new topics

join