It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting prediction regarding 2012, Artic melt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So, I'm looking through my e-mail, and I see AOL news has an article on the Artic melt. I wasn't sure what category to put this in, but since it kind of ties in with 2012, because of NASA scientist prediction, I guess it should go here.

Here is what was said within the article:

"

This week, after reviewing his own new data, NASA climate scientist Jay Zwally said: "At this rate, the Arctic Ocean could be nearly ice-free at the end of summer by 2012, much faster than previous predictions." " - AOL news.

Isn't that interesting.

Apart from the disaster that may occur if this doesn't balance out, what discoveries will occur because of this? What's under all that ice?

The full article is here:
news.aol.com...

Troy

[edit on 11-12-2007 by cybertroy]

------------------------
Added 'ex' tags for external material

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/1/08 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, I thought it was an interesting prediction, being that there is all this talk of what is supposed to happen in 2012.

This deals with something that most of us can relate to, not just UFO visitation and such. (Not to discredit UFOs or anything.) Here we have a scientist that has made some observations and predicted that the ice could be nearly gone in the year 2012. That seems pretty significant.

It appears that there may be big changes on the horizon.

Troy

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here.

Also -- and I'm stepping out on a limb here -- this prediction was based on recorded and observed data; something that, unfortunately, most 2012 predictions don't seem to have
I mean, it's one thing to predict that Arctic sea ice may be gone in a few years, based on how much ice has melted in the last few years, and how much ice is left. Discussing global catastrophes, alleged government conspiracies, or prophesying the advent of extraterrestrial brethren is a wholly different thing.

[edit on 12/17/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yup, the prediction based on data helps tie in with the 2012 (something is supposed to happen) predictions.

I guess the other thread has most of the traffic. I'll check out that one and see how the topic is being approached.

Troy

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
just for notice! I live in the north europe, very north, and I can confirm that the winters have become mutch shorter here! i have researched a area of 80 swedish miles from south to north, and I can confirm forreal that 80 swedish miles is now have the same climate zone when summer and winter accur! this have happen over 10 years time, my predictions is that in 10 more years sweden have very short winter, and many changes are to accur! what can you tell from that? I'm no jonking... winters are mutch shorter here! I don't know why scientist don't confirm that climate in the north are getting drasticly warmer, if not the winter are mutch mutch shorter....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Our Winters here in Virginia have become a bit unstable. Not as much cold and not as much snow like in years past. Temperatures are going up and down. We are now fairly cold, but in a few days we could see temperatures in the 50s and 60s. We don't have a steady Winter anymore. We used to get some nice snow storms. Now we get more things like rain and freezing rain and not many significant snow storms.

The weather guys on TV treat the warm weather like it's something nice. No it's not. It's supposed to be Winter. Extreme climate changes could mean death for many of the people of planet earth through the destruction of crops. Think twice before you praise the warm weather in the middle of Winter. Because, messed up weather could bring late frosts and freezes, which could mean disaster for crops.

Troy

new topics

top topics

join