It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian carriers training next to Norwegian oil-platforms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I bet we will never find out what caused that oil spill. Oh, we do know what caused it (the broken hose). But we don't know who caused the hose to break. I guess they can't prove whether it was caused by a Russian sub or an American sub. We know the Russians were there, and we can assume that the Americans were there watching them. Was it deliberate or an accident? We'll probably never know. I guess someone gagged the media too, as we haven't heard anymore about it. "Nothing to see here..."

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just looking up some old threads involving Norway.

ANd i am glad to say that the Russian military activity died down after that last incident with the carrier. Was quite a tense time i remember, it was clear they where waving some weapons at us

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Admiral Kuznetsov is now getting ready for a Barents mission.

“Admiral Kuznetsov” ready for Barents mission

2010-09-15

Russia’s only aircraft carrier will sail on a training mission in the Barents Sea by the end of September.

Just a week or two after Russia has signed the Treaty concerning the Maritime Delimitation with Norway in the Barents Sea; the large warship will be training in the area.

[---]

The upcoming petroleum activity following the delimitation Treaty with Norway in the Barents Sea can be a conflict of interest with Russia’s naval activities in the area

The article also mentions the 2007 incident:

In December 2007, "Admiral Kuzentsov" caused serious trouble for the helicopter traffic between the Norwegian mainland and the oil-installations in the North Sea. The aircraft carrier then started to train take-off and landings with its fighter-jets near to the Norwegian oil-platforms in the North Sea.

Related thread:
Historic Treaty To Be Signed Tomorrow (Norway/Russia)

<< 1   >>

join