It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

That's all fine and good for you. Like I said, I'll agree to disagree.

Have you given thought to my question of what if a blind person walks into this? Yes, a blind person needs to be able to hear. Or do we not think about those people?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

so strange, how do you know about this? I am so confused. Is this common knowledge? I have never heard of this technology before.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So would wearing a tin foil hat, wrapped around copper wires protect me from their noise and/or frequencies?

I'm sure this is true, and I'm sure its been possible for a long time, makes me wonder if this can be use for subliminal messages "buy big macs at mcdonalds there delicious!!" or like "go kill you family and commit suicide" or like "drink beer, get fat, get dumb, make babies"

I don't know, but its creepy none the less, and I'm sure the government have been using it as a weapon of interrogation

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I saw a demo of this technology at Wired NextFest in 2005. One step to either side and you heard absolutely nothing, stand in the box on the floor and it's like headphones. Creepy indeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Have you given thought to my question of what if a blind person walks into this? Yes, a blind person needs to be able to hear. Or do we not think about those people?

Yeah. I thought about it the first time you brought this up. It didn't make any sense to me then and it still doesn't. Why would a blind person lose their hearing if they were near an audio spotlight? Maybe you could be more clear on what the problem is, exactly.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I believe the idea is that blind people use their hearing in order to "keep track" of what is going on around them so they don't do such things as walk into traffic, and avoid other such dangers. If they have this going on that they are hearing, how exactly are they supposed to remain safe from what they normally would be safe from, simply because some advertiser says so?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Why would being in the path of an audio spotlight prevent a blind person from hearing other audio queues any more than any other noise nearby? Seems like a pretty specious argument to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Would you really think that a sound directed to "appear" close by your senses, would not throw off your balance if you relied on feel and hearing to get around?

I personally would believe that would have an unnecessary impact on people that rely too much on their hearing. I would hardly say this is comparable to the kid down the block playing his boombox. You hear the boombox, and can gauge the distance, you cannot gauge the distance of something that isn't really there.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Would you really think that a sound directed to "appear" close by your senses, would not throw off your balance if you relied on feel and hearing to get around?

I guess I don't. I don't take the visually impaired to be that frail.

At any rate, as far as I know, none of us are visually impaired so how would we know one way or the other?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

All you have to do is try blind folding yourself and walk around your own house for awhile. Imagine doing that while little subtleties are being projected at you. i think the best example would be trying to cross the street. Blind people use the sound emitted from the "walk/don't walk" signs on the light posts. What would happen if they were waiting for that sound as they crossed and then they happened to cross through the beam of sound. don't you think that would throw them off just a bit? I think it would at the very least catch them off guard. It would be even more difficult I think when you do not know where it is coming from. As stated in the original article, the woman looked around for someone that was near her whispering to her. Now imagine being blind and thinking someone was right beside you whispering or even talking to you but they were not really there. It would definitely freak me out.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
reply to post by Ironclad

People, PLEASE read the description of the technology from the people that built it.

There are no microwaves or radio waves at all. It is SOUND. In fact it is the manipulation of the interaction between hypersonic oscillations to produce lower frequency highly directional audible sound. The end result is absolutely no different than having a regular speaker pointed at your head.

This will not cause cancer. It is not contained within your head. It is just focused sound waves so only someone standing in the "beam" can hear them.

This are microwaves that will get people to wear helmets. Microwaves in your brain.

This threads goes hand in hand with the mind control subject.
I personally have heard a lot of voices that want to control every action I take, by the way, but ofcourse I never listen to them eventhough my mom, and church have always taught me that is the holy spirit talking to me.
I also think about Joan of Arc she might have been the product of some alien experiment, or some alien entity wanted her to put up a war show for the fun of it, very unlikely but still, I've always thought that the voices she was hearing were the product of some advance technology.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Turn the volume down, switch the syntax to first person, and you will believe it was your own idea!

It's dangerous on this sidewalk, there is no traffic today, safer in the street. I better get into the street quick! Move Now!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I'm not even close to being fooled - this is a military test, not some new wave of advertising.

Does the name 'Project Bluebeam' sound familiar to anyone?
Here it is in your head.
This is exactly what they have been intending to do......get us to hear things and see things.....get us to DO things because of what we see and hear.

It is time to start wearing metal & mesh head coverings to block the signals folks..........

Laugh at D4rk Kn1ght all you want folks.....
......go right ahead.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

why does your posting date say posted on 10-1-2008 @ 08:18 PM ???

I yam confused

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Could someone please explain to me why the thread date is 11-12-2007?

This is starting to freak me out.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

The thread was started in 2007.

However, today it was bumped up, I saw it at recent posts, I clicked on the last post posted.. and saw the posting date was strange.. I am still confused.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
weblog.404creative.com...

Go to this link and listen to the MatchBox recording. Be sure to wear headphones! This is the craziest thing I've ever heard. -Also, close your eyes.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I believe that if someone is already using this technology for advertising, I don't see why it would be hard to believe that it is being used in other ways too. It really makes me pause to think that the times I've heard voices (and I know I'm not the only one) may have been a result of this technology. This really angers me and makes me want to figure out how to shield myself from it. (Yes I'm aware of the tinfoil hat! hahaha)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Check out an article a few years ago in the NYT mag: The Sound of Things to Come

www.nytimes.com...

With Woody Norris' invention, the sounds of the Amazon jungle (or worse) can
be projected into one's head.

Also see satweapons.com for the recent book

A New Breed - Satellite Terrorism in America

by John Hall,M.D. from Texas who would like to convene select Ph.Ds and M.D.s in a conference and then demand Congressional Hearings. He would not have believed that these arcane surveillance and harassment tactics were being used if he had not had a relationship with a woman who experienced these tactics and talked to some former CIA and DARPA staff who helped to edify him.

APPARENTLY, 70% OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN HARASSED ARE WOMEN, according to Dr. Hall on coasttocoastam.com radio show Feb. 8, 2010.

If you think that zapping activists stops with taser, phasers and lasers, try microwaves and elf waves, acoustic cannon, acoustic curdler units and worse.

Excellent compendium: Terms and References Nonlethal Weapons for a
SHOCKING A-Z litany pub. by USAF in Colorado including acoustics:

www.zarc.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthShine

acoustic curdler units

what the ?

sounds awful

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>