It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this our first time around ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia Man has been around for 250,000 years

en.wikipedia.org...

If man has been around for that long how is it that we only really started doing things five thousand years ago www.historyworld.net... ? Does it not seem even remotely possible that Man has been through more then one cycle of civilization ? Rising , then falling , with only a handful of people surviving in small communities , and an even smaller percentage of those survivors actually able to be in a position to reeducate the people of the world ?

Imagine these surviving small communities , isolated for 100\'s of years , possibly even thousands of years before coming into contact with a more advanced surviving culture . Imagine this advanced culture possessing , at the very least a understanding or knowledge of science and history , or perhaps this advanced culture could even be in position of a technology that managed to survive the great fall .
Would these such people not appear as Gods to there isolated rivals , assuming that a certain amount of time had past ?

There are many ancient texts that speak of great disasters and achievements , ranging from floods to wars to traveling to the Moon . Many of these texts also speak of Gods walking with man , coming down from the heavens and teaching us everything from writing and science to the hidden secrets of the past.

Could these God\'s simply be the people that had the \" Fallout Shelters \" and books at the time of the fall ? Mix that with a few hundred or thousand years before coming into contact with others who survived and were scattered at the time of the disaster with nothing at all .

Many of todays religions share a lot of similarities with there interpretations of how Man came to be , to the stories of the flood , as well as creation its self . One does not need stretch ones imagination to see how these tails could have at one time came from the same source then each taking on its own refining over time based on the culture and how it evolved in its corner of the world .

I am sure I am not the only person to think it not only possible , but very likely that Man has been through a cycle or two in our 250,000 year history , who knows perhaps we have already been to Mars and the Moon . Is it not likely that in our long 250,000 year past we have reached such height\'s before ?

At the very least it\'s a fun tough to play around with

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this topic of Man\'s history and the possibility that Man has been through a cycle or two before .

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i remember seeing a thread over the summer that started as ancient civilizations and then got to what you are talking about in this thread. i'm not too sure about where i stand on this, i mean there is a possibility but i doubt it. here is a question for you, why would they wait thousands of years to come out of hiding, wouldn't it be easier to re-educate people whos parents were in that time instead of great great great..... grand parents?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don\\\'t think it would take them that long to \\\"come out \\\" as you put it but rather it would take a few 100 or thousand years before the less advance \\\" survivors \\\" would find each other and start to form communities and early civilizations before it would be worth while for the more advance culture would even bother making contact . With everything lost , or there abouts how would one even consider any such search and rescue ? I believe it more likely that and such group that did survive a world wide disaster would then proceed to look at each other and simply say \\\" Well $hITT boys , looks like its up to us now \\\" .

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hi Max_TO,

I believe this IS our first time, so to speak. One thing you have to keep in mind is that there were 2 Ice Ages during the last 250,000 years, covering about 150,000 of those years. Most people were restricted to the southern parts of Asia, Europe and all of Africa during that time. We were also in competition with Neanderthals and the various forms of megafauna for food. We had to survive those difficulties first before there were enough of us to become civilized. We started with little and worked our way up.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Inventions actually come from free time or necessity.
You invent a better plow if you need one, but you put off electricity unil you have enough time to figure out how kites work. It took a long time to move past that point, and even then it was mainly the wealthy who had the time, and you can see how well they spent it. People like De Vinci and others who had the time... well, it didn't go well eh?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
this is something ive thought about too. i have a hard time believing that we did essentially nothing for most of 250,000 years only to decide 6000 ago, hey, lets be civilized!

Originally posted by cormac mac airt
One thing you have to keep in mind is that there were 2 Ice Ages during the last 250,000 years, covering about 150,000 of those years.

that leaves 100,000 years not locked up in ice ages. our civilization has developed, at most, over the last 10,000 years since the last ice age ended. that leaves about a 90,000 year gap left for us to have played around with. humans like to build and explore way too much for me to believe we didnt do anything with all that time.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
We are probably the first time. There may have been an earlier civilization but the evidence (and the lack of evidence) would point to having been non-human if it existed at all.

The slow painful rise of many of our human 'civilization' skills shows that there was no injection of higher knowledge.

Gods can come from the sky or the earth and as the earth is associated with unsavory creatures man usually imagines they are from the sky.

Even today people say that gods/higher being are talking to them and visiting them. It was probably the same back then. The problem is was this real or imagined?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've thought about this alot also. It would explain alot of Ooparts (out of place artifacts), wonders (pyramids, stone henge, etc.), and even possibly the Greys-maybe they were one of the original incarnations of advanced life on earth and they made it off and colonized in space before the great catastrophe of their time. That would explain why they're so interested in us, they came back one day and said "well I'll be damned, it happened again"

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
We must also not forget the recent findings of ruins on Mars and Luna. Also the glass underground in India suggesting an ancient nuclear blast area. Something certainly happened in our vast history...but think about it; if everything suddenly stopped now, and all human beings suddenly disapeared, how many tens of thousands of years, or even thousands of years before few artifacts of our civilization remained, let alone 150 to 200,000 years of peltings by asteroids, huge volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, floods, ice ages, hurricanes/tornadoes, high velocity winds, heavy rains etc...rusting elements, solar flares, fires, and that doesn't even include nuclear war....so I think there is reasonable room for a strong possibility of previous civilization cycles.

We know there has been a continuous cover up coming out of the DOD er, NASA. Rolls and rolls of missing film, brushed photos, fakes, lies and multiple coverups....what could they possibly be hiding, and why?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry I must disagree Skyshow, there are no findings of ruins on Mars or the Moon, nor glass from nuclear blasts in India.

If everything stopped now an archaeologist with the same qualifications of one our scientist now would be able to detect our civilzation without any difficult, probably going back 500-750,000 years. 1-15 million years would also be possible too. Under your reasoning we should be finding nothing of early civilizations and human life- but we do - how do you explain that?

Could we have missed a civilization from a previous time? Possibly but not probable unless it was a small regional one.

Again sorry Skyshow we don’t “all know” about what you allege, if you have evidence of this may I suggest (if you are American) that you bring legal charges against these agencies…..of course if you also believe in the vast omnipotent conspiracy then I guess you have no where to turn!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think the main argument people have for there being past "highly advanced" civilizations that were wiped out in various ways has to do with how technologically we have become within the last few hundred years.

However, the problem that I see with this is that I believe technological advancement, much like human population, seems to grow exponentially. Both start off and at first grow slowly, but as time progresses they grow at a much more rapid rate. Of course, these exponential growth formulas don't take into account factors like (in the case of population growth) disease, war, etc... that would slow down growth at certain points throughout mankind's history.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

If man has been around for that long how is it that we only really started doing things five thousand years ago

We started "doing things" a lot further back than 5000years. At around 50000BP until around 27000BP we shared resources with the Neandertals, for some reason, which is still being debated, homo saps survived and the Neandertals didnt.
Whether it was toolmaking, social cooperation, resources or a combination of many small quirky things we survived and they didnt. Since that time, approximately 25000 years ago homo saps evolved at a fairly rapid rate compared to previous hominids.
Why? , well thats the million dollar question.

You might find some of the links on this thread interesting.

mojo

(edit for crappy spelling)

[edit on 15/12/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As pointed out buy frumpwallow , the ice age would have played a part in our first rise , if such a rise was did happen .

en.wikipedia.org...

Any such civilization around at the time would have been restricted to a much smaller , usable , world . However given much of the worlds precipitation would have been trapped
as a solid , ice , that would mean a sea level lowering of about 120 m as stated at the above link .

This lowering of the sea level would have resulted in more available land , land that now is covered by water hiding any items that may confirm a earlier civilization .

As for the structures on land one would first have to take into consideration there structural integrity at the time of the theoretical disaster . That mixed with a lot of time and yes it would not seem to far fetched that we can\\\'t see any thing from that ancient time .

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We have been here infinite times before and will stay here for infinite times to go. We are infinite. Infinite. Doo Doo.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We have been here for 16.9+ million years, the sumerian kings list goes back that far and there are referances in the summerian text to much older civilizations like the rapham(spelling?)the possibility that the ancients advanced to point far beyond us and left to populate other planets is the truth we will if e already haven't find structures on the far side of the moon,mars,europa and elsewhere.We need to demand that the hall of records be openned and it be shared with the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Bible speaks of us going Home when we die. That would imply we left for one reason or another. Where was Home? Just thought I would throw that in there.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Anyone that says this is the first time, your not looking at the evidence they have found. They have found, what seemed like to be after effects of a neuclear explsions in many parts of the world.

How do we know, well we saw what it was like after the 2 atom bombs in japan at the end of ww2. They have found similar effects else where but 100's of thousands of years old

What you should ask your self is-

How long would it take for the earth to get rid of the existance of the last civilisation, so there are hardly any remians, just how many years would that take?

Oh and if you have not guessed, i do believe that we are part of a cycle that played out before, maybe the rulers know the truth, amybe they don't.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Howdy

Anyone that says this is the first time, your not looking at the evidence they have found. They have found, what seemed like to be after effects of a neuclear explsions in many parts of the world.

Hans: Actually they haven’t what they have found are the results of foreign bodies hitting or exploding above the surface

How do we know, well we saw what it was like after the 2 atom bombs in japan at the end of ww2. They have found similar effects else where but 100's of thousands of years old

Hans: The two Japanese airbursts haven’t left marks that you are referring too. I believe you are talking about testing results, mainly dealing with volcanic glass, in particular Trinitite and other glassy materials created from great heat on sedimentary/sandy soil

What you should ask your self is- How long would it take for the earth to get rid of the existance of the last civilisation, so there are hardly any remians, just how many years would that take?

Hans: Until the crust undergoes sub-duction an earlier technological society would be detectable – just like we can detect aspect of earlier life now.

Oh and if you have not guessed, i do believe that we are part of a cycle that played out before, maybe the rulers know the truth, amybe they don't.

Hans: At best we can only say that no evidence of an early civilization have been detected.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

Maybe they left for the same reason the pilgrims came to America.

top topics

join