It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McParking row as slow eaters are fined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

McParking row as slow eaters are fined

www.guardian.co.uk

The question of just how long it should take to eat fast food is being answered by the burger giant McDonald's, which is making customers finish within 45 minutes or face a charge of £125.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
McDonald's is charging a fee for eaters who take too long. It only applies to about 40 restaurants though.

So hurry up and eat!

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

That's pretty common where I live. Not necessarily McDonalds alone, but most fast food places. They are trying to cut down on loitering and becoming a hangout. There's also no cruising zones as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Don't know about anyone else, but I have never been a huge fan of hanging out in fast food joints for extended amounts of time.

I think the exception to the rule is Waffle House and/or IHOP. Use to gather at those places with friends and order coffee, food and sit for hours talking about everything from religion and politics to conspiracies.

I would hate to see this being stopped. That is one of my favored things to do when hanging out with friends. Of course, as I said.. we order while there. It is not like we go in and get one drink and nothing else. We are all constantly ordering while talking and we always leave large tips.

VV

apc

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A few McDonalds around here used to be big hangout spots for rich area highschools. They mostly hung out in the parking lots occasionally buying food. I never really understood it. It's McDonalds. Then they started doing the time limits. Now I don't have anyone to make bogus 911 calls on anymore. I hate McDonalds.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by apc]

top topics

join