It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Ordering....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've only just started finding out about Cosmic Ordering, what do you guys think of it?

Has anyone tried it or know someone that has? Or do you think it's just pure coincidence?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not sure what you mean by this.

Could you elaborate, perhaps give some links?

[edit to add]

Oh, never mind, I went and found it on wiki.

As a skeptic and atheist, it sounds like nothing more than wish-fulfillment. Just like prayer. Some things you wish for will happen, but most won't.

If you want something in life you have to go out and work for it. Just putting it on a list and thinking about it isn't going to be more productive than the simple law of averages would be.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We are all energy linked onto a greater energy (the universe/god) so whats to say the positive thoughts dont tune in, I know it sounds daft but some people swear by it, just found it interesting.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
When science can show that a person can influence their lives by thought alone, I'll buy it.

Until then, it's baseless wish-fulfillment, IMO.

If people could wish their lives better, there'd be no poverty or starvation for one thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Cosmic ordering ?

I guess I spend a little time looking at the menu and call the waiter over when I decide.

I do believe thought influences reality in the fact that thought can lead to action.
The action you decide to take impacts the world around you.

But as MM said, all the wishing in the world won't fill an empty belly, there neads to be some follow through to make a change.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Digitalkid, you might find this thread interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I'm not quite as skeptical as some when dealing with the metaphysical.

I have had some very interesting psychonaut expediences with different esoteric and chemical stimulation. But it is a dangerous path unless armed with the sword of knowledge and the shield of faith.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Digitalkid, you might find this thread interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I'm not quite as skeptical as some when dealing with the metaphysical.

I have had some very interesting psychonaut expediences with different esoteric and chemical stimulation. But it is a dangerous path unless armed with the sword of knowledge and the shield of faith.

I think what you showed me is more use if ya single!! Don't think my GF would approve! lol

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
When science can show that a person can influence their lives by thought alone, I'll buy it.

Until then, it's baseless wish-fulfillment, IMO.

If people could wish their lives better, there'd be no poverty or starvation for one thing.

You say that but there is more of a way of doing it and tbh how many times do we hear stuff and think that will never work? Then obviously never try it? I'm not saying it works but who actually does most things they think won't work in the first place?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
While I'm going to hold off on any total judgements yet a thought has occurred to me. How about this? Perhaps the application of will power to waves of probability might cause them to collapse in such a way to increase the probility of such occuring? Not very much but perhaps a small percentage? Or is it just a example of remembering what successes you might have vs the nothing happenned?

new topics

top topics

join