It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Could this be possible that this guy found Osama Bin Laden, heres the story.

Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden? If Michael Moore is America’s number one documentary filmmaker, then after releasing Super Size Me Morgan Spurlock definitely became number 2. Except while Moore makes more point of view movies, Spurlock’s work is a lot closer to being what we think of when throwing around the word “documentary”.

His next project is by far, his riskiest yet. Spurlock has finished his new movie Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?, in which he sets out to do what the United States government has apparently failed to do: Find Osama Bin Laden. The Weinstein Company bought the thing after seeing only 15 minutes of it at the Berlin Film Festival, and here’s where it gets really interesting. Rumor has it that Spurlock actually found Osama Bin Laden.

The film’s director of photography told SlashFilm that Morgan “definitely got the holy grail.” Since the movie is about him hunting Osama, that would make him the holy grail… wouldn’t it? For now though, everyone around the production is keeping things locked down.

The film is supposed to debut in Park City at Sundance this year, and since tomorrow is the deadline for them to notify people who have received press credentials and I still haven’t heard anything, I guess I won’t be able to report back on it. I’m sure someone more important than us will. Whenever we all finally get around to seeing it, I can’t even begin to imagine the media madness this film will unleash if Morgan Spurlock actually found and hung out with Osama Bin Laden. It instantly raises a lot of important questions like... if mustachioed Morgan Spurlock can find him, don’t you have to assume the US government isn’t even trying?
www.cinemablend.com... -Bin-Laden-7091.html

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting, I'm a big fan of Super Size Me, and Spurlock's TV show. Kind of a slam on Michael Moore there, I think Morgan is very similar to Moore (you could even call him Moore Jr., lol)... If he had found Bin Laden, wouldn't there be an ethical necessity to inform the media/make it known immediately? I bet the closest he got is the town where Bin Laden supposedly is, and talked to some locals who have seen him or some such...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

not a chance in hell, but great marketing strategy. Also, I thought supersize me was one of the biggest disinfo pieces ever put together. Great idea, but the message at the end is so conflicted and uncertain, that it's an insult to the intelligence of anyone watching.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oooooh.... nope. I don't think the government would allow some b-list celebrity (not an insult... but he's not the big MICHAEL MOORE...we're not worthy!) make a fool of them by releasing an indie film at the Sundance Film Fest, where lots of big important A-List celebs and important media outlets will be... unless they are ALL in on it, or there's a big conspiracy to explode the whole theater with a terrorist car bomb before Spurlock or anyone else can get out to talk about what they'd seen....

that's too noticeable...

I'm gunna go with... this film is just like any Loch Ness Monster documentary. "Stunning new revalations!" "Shocking new evidence!" of nothing whatsoever.

Not to say, though, that there is nothing to reveal.... far from it....

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

not a chance in hell, but great marketing strategy. Also, I thought supersize me was one of the biggest disinfo pieces ever put together. Great idea, but the message at the end is so conflicted and uncertain, that it's an insult to the intelligence of anyone watching.

Where was the ambiguity in Supersize me? Americans eat an unhealthy diet, that was the crux of the movie. The McDonald's diet made Spurlock very ill, even beyond the expectations of the doctors.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

This is a conspiracy forum, maybe the government doesn't want Bin Laden found (after all the U.S. government created him). We always need enemies, to justify perpetual war, why ruin a perfectly good enemy?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke

Where was the ambiguity in Supersize me? Americans eat an unhealthy diet, that was the crux of the movie. The McDonald's diet made Spurlock very ill, even beyond the expectations of the doctors.

if you notice, towards the end of the movie he keeps mentioning some "unexplainable" turn for the worse. They talk about fats, and fast food, and unhealthy eating, but they NEVER mention that the main culprit of his health problems were most likely caused by sugar. They do mention how much sugar he had eaten, but never talk about that being a bad thing.

The fact is, although it was sort of a hit piece on McD's, they never took a swing at the real sponsor, coca-cola. that's exactly what i mean by ambiguity. I mean, numerous times they all act like its some huge mystery, and they don't know what's causing it. They all acknowledge it's the diet, and that it needs to stop.. but they never mention sugar.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The fact is, although it was sort of a hit piece on McD's, they never took a swing at the real sponsor, coca-cola. that's exactly what i mean by ambiguity. I mean, numerous times they all act like its some huge mystery, and they don't know what's causing it. They all acknowledge it's the diet, and that it needs to stop.. but they never mention sugar.

Ok, I have no objection to that. I'm not that well versed on the evils of sugar (I like it too much, lol), but I've obviously heard quite a bit that it's none too good for anyone to be eating...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, I feel crappy after a glass of coca cola but it taste so damn good, I am going to sue coca cola for tooth decay!
Its possible, wonder if he got an interview, but wouldn't they just have kidnapped him, unless someone wants this to be released.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OK, finding him is one thing but he doesn't mention what he will do if and when he finds OBL.
What's he gonna do, invite the bearded one out to dinner?
Apparently OBL has given orders to be killed in the event of a capture.

The only question I have is if Spurlock the head hunter is in any way tied to Skull and Bones?

OBL does afterall have a few things in common with Frank and Jerry, especially when it comes to evading the US military.

Maybe it's time to add a new head to the collection to complete the set.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Alxandro]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I'm not that well versed on the evils of sugar (I like it too much, lol), but I've obviously heard quite a bit that it's none too good for anyone to be eating...

The single best book on the topic is called "Sugar Blues." It's also a wonderfully written book, that I couldn't put down. I'm pretty sure I read it in a day or two, which is rare for me. Now to get back on topic...

I find Spurlock's work to be extremely entertaining. His show was great, especially the episode on working minimum wage. It's just a shame that he's more entertaining than educational with certain topics.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Okay, it seems like you are all operating under the assumption that OBL is still alive.

Maybe Morgan found Osama, but Osama is dead. Maybe he went to his 'tomb'. There were several reports about Osama Bin Laden's demise due to Kidney Failure among other possible reasons.

Here is a link to one of the many threads here if you search "Osama is Dead" here at ATS
Another 'Osama Bin Laden is Dead and Buried.'. It has been talked about many times here.

So lets say Morgan does his research, finds the same articles that have been linked here in the past, and finds 'proof'. DNA evidence from a the samples taken from a cadaver during autopsy? Access to his Tomb?

One would think that if the 'news' is so good that the film got bought in 15 minutes, that the answer is definitive. Maybe OBL is in a Coma in some hospital, on life support for his kidneys. Not dead, but not really 'alive' either.

Either of which would explain why the most recent "Osama videos" since 2002 appear to have someone other than Osama in them. Perhaps the CIA could not use their puppet anymore, so they had to use look-a-likes and overdubs on audio.

I don't know. I think it has to be 'groundbreaking' news, but I think if Osama were alive, not disclosing his location would end up being some sort of terrorist charge, like an accessory after the fact, helping Osama evade capture.

Plus, I wonder how much Osama's bounty would be. More or less than movie receipts and dvd sales?

I look forward to more on this,
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Which Osama did he find: The one with the short, fat nose; or the one with the long, skinny nose?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe he found both of the fakes, partying together in Qatar!

Seriously, there was a time when a man named Osama Bin Laden was alive, I think that time may have passed.

DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Which Osama did he find: The one with the short, fat nose; or the one with the long, skinny nose?

You say Osama, I say Usama,
Osama, Usama,
Bin Laden, Been Layden.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
You say Osama, I say Usama,
Osama, Usama,
Bin Laden, Been Layden.

Let's call the whole thing off!

so its not a one liner:
You say potato and I say potahto, You say tomato and I say tomahto