It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America must defend the Moon against foreign aggression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
China and Japan have announced plans to send people to the Moon in coming years. They should at least apply for US visas and landing permits, but there is no word that they actually have or will apply for any permits. Therefore the US government must respond to Japanese and Chinese plans to invade US territory. NASA should quickly arm the space shuttles and send them to protect the Moon and stop unauthorized entry into US lunar territories. It may even be necessary to build army bases there.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I hope your kidding.

It's pretty arrogant to start claiming places that we have no claim to as a Country.

If it's claimed for anybody it should be the Human Race but then again with the way THEY are acting they don't deserve it.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
sigh...and people dont believe me when I say we're under attack..by people intent on destroying these forums

[edit on 11-12-2007 by jainatorres]

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by truthrocks

Uhh... why is this in the Alien/UFO Forum? There is nothing in your post which pertains to subject matter whatsoever??

Also, this moon invasion is for what purpose?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I rest my case ..

Take ATS back..

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Don't feed the trolls.

Only a jerk could think America owns the moon.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Perhaps there is another forum better suited to this topic, however it is reasonable to suppose that American UFO researchers are interested in the territorial integrity of the Moon and support defending it, because in the future the Moon may become a profitable marketplace where America can do business with aliens and acquire cutting edge technology. So from a practical viewpoint American UFO researchers should want to protect the Moon.

Why are the Chinese and Japanese spending billions to invade the Moon? Probably they have their own reasons which no one knows about. But as an example they, especially China, might use the Moon as a base from which to launch nuclear missiles.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

In order for anyone to progress they need to reach certain plateaus, from where they can look back and say "oh, we've made progress". The moon is one of these "plateaus" when it comes to progressing as a nation capable of travelling through space.

Where do you get this idea that they are "invading"? And invading whom? The moon does not belong to a single nation now does it?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Perhaps there is another forum better suited to this topic

yep.

however it is reasonable to suppose that American UFO researchers are interested in the territorial integrity of the Moon and support defending it, because in the future the Moon may become a profitable marketplace where America can do business with aliens and acquire cutting edge technology. So from a practical viewpoint American UFO researchers should want to protect the Moon.

No that would be unreasonable. There are some UFO researchers who hypothesize that the moon could have an alien outpost on it- thus explaining their frequent visitation.

Also, your logic totally fails... You want to defend the moon from the Chinense because it is US territory. How is it US territory if the aliens discovered it long ago and have established a base?

Probably they have their own reasons which no one knows about. But as an example they, especially China, might use the Moon as a base from which to launch nuclear missiles.

Again failed logic. Let the Chinese bankrupt themselves trying to set up a nuclear base on the moon. How long would that take them? 100 years? We'll let them complete 99% of the project before we obliterate it, leaving them to ponder why they wasted the last 100 years on something so ridiculous.

And by the way........ your post count = 5 ........... your threads started = 4
I guess none of the other (zillions of) threads on these boards interest you?

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Scramjet76]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
umm i think that this guy thinks that because USA were first on the moon that means the moon belongs to the USA .. let me comment on that : ROFL , LMAO , buahahaha .. To be honest if that is the way OP sees it (because its the only way unless that was made as a prank ) then you have to be one of the most close minded and umm ignorant people that I have ever met , and belive me I met some strange people in my life .

If that was made as a prank then please move it over to skunk or delete that thread cause it might lure the trully ignorant people here

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is a joke, right?

I'm laugh'n my rear end off.

Arm the space shuttles?

So, the chinese and the japanese are going to land on the moon. It's a big rock with nothing on it.

Who cares?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmm I didn't think nations were able to claim ownership of extra terrestrial planetary bodies and through a legal loophole some guy actually did claim ownership and now sells land on the moon for about £20 an acre.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom
This is a joke, right?

I'm laugh'n my rear end off.

Arm the space shuttles?

So, the chinese and the japanese are going to land on the moon. It's a big rock with nothing on it.

Who cares?

Acutally, I just watched a show on the History Channel explaining why we are going back to the moon. (not sure how true this is) But the History Channel says we are going back to the moon for "Helium 3" which is a new source of energy. It's along the lines of using Nuclear Fission... Not Fusion but Fission.

They should how Lockheed Martin was able to take Moon Rock and Dust Samples and they actually made H2O from it. Water, if you can get water from that, you can make Rocket Fuel.

Plus they seem to think the China, Japan, India and Russia are racing back to the moon.

So, the reply to the question of the original Post that "America must defend the moon against foreign aggression" is just plain ignorant and would guess someone must be watching Fox News too much.

I can see the Bush Administration beating this drum eventually just to weaponize space.

I am sorry, but you are way off course here. It's this type of arrogance that make the world hate us.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What a joke. Using insane logic like the person who started this thread, it would mean that if anything it should be the other way around. Since the Russians were in space first, they have claim to it. America should be applying for visas to even leave the atmosphere.

I hope this post goes to show just how absurd this entire thread is. Were I a mod this thread would have been deleted 5 seconds after it was posted.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
When you first read this thread you were probably thinking, how the hell do you own a moon. This is what native Americans thought about owning the land. It was a foreign concept.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

I believe Space.com said we are "scheduled" to go back to the moon in 2010.

I hope so!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is as stupid as people buying real estate on the moon.

But, militarily, if any nation wants to be on top, they should secure the moon. Its common military sense that those who control the higher ground control the battlefield.

Imagine a mass driver on the moon. Any country that can do that can almost dictate anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It is satire. It is poking fun at America's natural assumption that everything is theirs and their predictable militaristic response for dealing with any perceived encroachments .

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
American activities on the Moon are legally subject to the Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies, of which the US was a founding signatory.

Among other things, the treaty states:

“outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means.”

So the US makes no claim of sovereignty to the Moon, any more than it claims sovereignty over the Atlantic or Pacific oceans, and is in no position to require visas or permission to land there.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthrocks
Therefore the US government must respond to Japanese and Chinese plans to invade US territory.

My guess is that you are probably not an American, but just posting this to stir up more hatred towards America (not hard these days...).
That, or you are trying to be funny (if so, it worked. Kinda).

That being said...

Of course America does not own the moon, nor has America ever implied anything of the sort. So the rest of your post/point is moot.

If/when America goes back to the moon (I hear 2020) to set up science posts we will undoubtedly involve scientists of all nations who are willing to work in peaceful means towards expanding our understanding of the solar system and beyond.

There is no need to instigate conflict by making false and outlandish statements like in your original post.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join