It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little truth about the IRS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I thought you all might find this interesting if you didn't already know. Here's an article about the IRS.

www.taxpayer.net...

A conspiracy or just poorly managed?

You don't have to post if you don't want to. Just something to think about next time you file your taxes.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
While Internal Revenue Service (IRS) employees are spending about half of their time on the Internet looking at sex, gambling, and stock trading websites or participating in chat rooms, the agency's level of service to taxpayers remains low, according to a recent study.

The study by the Treasury Department inspector general looked at how more than 16,000 IRS employees were spending their time over a period of a week and found that the employees studied spent 8,250 hours online - more than 51% of their time on personal matters.

This is nice, I wonder how much money is spent on workers that arnt working? Not just the IRS, everywhere.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree. Sounds like your typical government worker, be it state OR federal. Can't seem to get the mother#ers fired either.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is the reason we want Universal Health Care, more federal social programs, and the like right?

Anyone who wants this is fooling themselves into thinking the government is either effecient or effective.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Anyone who wants this is fooling themselves into thinking the government is either effecient or effective.

Nicely said. I agree 100%

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
mrmulder> why only a little truth? why not all of it?

new topics

top topics

join