It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know how to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'v heard that it is possibe to view sent and recieved emails through just computer files. LIke it was saved in the computer or som. if this is possible, how do u do it
?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What kind of computer files? From what I know about computers in that sense the answer is "no." But I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think you mean with Outlook? Maybe....you set up a pop3 account so you just use Outlook to look at it instead of the online client.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrystal
I'v heard that it is possibe to view sent and recieved emails through just computer files. LIke it was saved in the computer or som. if this is possible, how do u do it
?

For the most part I would have to say No. If you're talking about emails that are currently on the local machine, in outlook or something, but you cannot view them or access them directly in outlook, you may be able to weed through the outlook file that actually contains the emails. It will look like an endless blob of text, unsorted and crammed together, if it is even readable at all. If you are talking about emails that have been deleted completely in hope that there was some kind of history or hidden backup I think you may be out of luck.

If you are trying to read email that you don't have access to but are currently on the machine, and you want to read them without the email program then you'll most likely need to open the file in some kind of program like a Hex Editor or something that will open any file type and display the contents in text format. It will be a lot of work trying to make sense of it, but it may be possible, but I can't say for sure.

new topics

top topics

join