It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light a Christmas candle,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
For many of us this Christmas it will be a little sad, some of us have lost loved ones and will feel like there is a part of us missing this year,

So I dedicate this thread to all of us who want to Acknowledge a lost love one,
and heck even a lost Pet

So I light a candle for my lost love ones,
May the light reach up to the sky

R.i.p Uncle billy, 2007,

R.i.p Cousin Billy,
And my sick kittys who passed..

[edit on 11-12-2007 by asala]

[edit on 11-12-2007 by asala]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'll light my candle for all the troops who have given their lives this year and in years past.

Many blessings for the families and friends who have suffered loss.

This time of year is tough enough on the families who don't have much, if anything and to be without a father, son, wife, daughter, etc. becuase they're off fighting in a war, makes it even worse.

So my candle is also for the troops who are away from their families this Holiday Season and for the families who miss their loved ones.

God Bless.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Asala..this is perfect..
My Dad..1981
My Mom...1993

Most recent..my special kitty girl Daisy
and our best Buddy RADAR..RIP my friends.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not many words can express the loss our family has gone through in the last couple year or so but here goes.

R.I.P Uncle Billy

R.I.P Cousin Billy

R.I.P Grandad

R.I.P Nanny Jo

R.I.P Chris Ashbury

R.I.P Duke.Lady.China.Kitty

R.I.P kitties in the second home

R.I.P Paul G

R.I.P Claire B

R.I.P Rachel P

R.I.P Kyle D

(they will burn in hell for what they did to you).

I love you all, and you all know how much i do.

Many candles lit for the people who will live on in our hearts.

Oni x x

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
RIP, Dad. My love for you only grows with the passage of time. I hope you can see all and are proud of Jason, David, Stacey, Sara, tyler, Kristina, Peyton and Jordan.

Please always be near us, and when i die, please take me fishing like you used to~~~ I love you!!!

...Your little girl.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
R.I.P Mother 2004
R.I.P Dad 2006
R.I.P husband #2
R.I.P husband #4

I miss you all very much.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
R.I.P, my cousin Jackson, 1994 - 2006
R.I.P, his sister Jasmine.

i loved both but they were taken away from me at such a young age.

Roswell.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thank you asala for this thread. My heart is always sad this time of year. I have gotten better through the years thanks in part to having kids and seeing their joy. But, Christmas has always been sad for me since I was about 13 years old. I lost my grandmother that year on new years eve December 31 -1981. It was very hard to see her die. It was unexpected and I was not prepared for it. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was just a kid. My mother and dad left out of state to go see her in the hospital. They left 2 out of 3 of us kids with friends. I stayed with my girlfriend and had the worse time because I was so worried. When I was there a sudden emptiness came over me about the 3rd day. I cried at my friends house so hard. I told her my grandmother just died. I felt it so strong. She try to tell me it wasn’t so and she will be alright. No one called me they came home a day later and picked me up. I asked my mother if she died. She would not answer me till we got home. Then they told me. She did pass away the same hour I felt it. I loved my grandmother and have never forgotten her.

As if this wasn’t enough of Holiday sadness for me. I lost my 3 closes relatives all in the same year same month in December 1988. . My mothers sister my aunt passed December 10-1988. My favorite aunt whom I still think of daily passed away December 12-1988. My favorite Uncle of all times passed away December 22 1988. I cried so much those couple of weeks I literally ran out of tears. I didn’t know that was possible till then.

I miss them all so much. Its like a place is missing in me without them. I cry every year. I try and hide it from my kids I don’t want to upset them. But, it’s so hard. I haven’t learned how to let it go. There’s so many more loved ones who has passed but these have truly affected me.

So I thank you for the lighting of a candle idea. Today is the day that My uncle passed away. Oh the tears they just keep coming.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
since this is very close to me and i am sure it is to you, i have made this:

Roswell.

[edit on 12/12/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
How beautiful, Roswell.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What a beautiful thread, albeit sad.

I light a candle to all of the lost ones mentioned. I offer a hug to all of you, as a friend who really does care. *HUG*

I light another candle to my Pop Pop. I know he's up there looking down at me with his crooked smile watching me as I try to keep a semblence of normalcy in my life.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd like to light a candle for my grandpa.

He died 12 years ago, but I miss him every day.

Here's to Invisible candy, Tic Tacs, and the magic lamp.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I would like to also light a couple candles. One for my Grandpa and Grandma, he died around Christams in 1999and she died on Thanksgiving 1993, one for my great-grandpa and great-grandma who passed away in 1999 and 2000. We all miss you here on Earth, love you all!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh Roswell that is so sweet. You will be blessed.

Thankyou so much.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hi Asala! What a great and thoughtful topic! You seem to have a wonderful heart. Here's wishing you and the entirety of ATS the very best and safest holiday season! Sizzle

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Hi Roswell!
Just wanted to compliment you on that gorgeous display for this holiday season. Very beautiful and imaginative.
Also wanted to light a candle for my Mother and Grandfather. They are missed. Happy holidays everyone! Sizzle
P.S. I want to also light a candle for my best friend, Sizzle who left me all too soon. I bear her nickname here in honor of her. Rest in Peace Sizzle.

top topics

join