It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Men Messiah Complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
X-Men Messiah Complex is shaping up to be one of the best X-Men stories in a long time.

After reading Part six last night I have to say that this is the most fun I've had reading a comic since the glory days of 90's X-Book Crossovers.Those are the ones that really got me reading when I was younger,and this one is better than any of them.

I love the fact that the story continues throughout the X-Books instead of just focusing on one aspect of the story.

For those of you unfamiliar with the story,here is the basics courtesy of Wikipedia:

The Messiah Complex storyline will be the climax of the events that started with House of M and will set the direction of the X-Men franchise and characters for the next several years. The storyline's main plot involves the birth of a child with the X-gene, leading the X-Men, the Marauders, the Acolytes, the Reavers, the Purifiers, and Predator X on a race to see who will find the child first.

So what are your thoughts on Messiah Complex?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's another Biblical X-men story and I think that is why it's real for some people and popular for others. The name says it all and back in the Bible it's the baby Jesus who was wanted killed by the Romans as they did with 0-2 year olds in that time. No one accepted him in their home that is why he was born in a stable.

It's a Chrismas story or shall I say X-MAS story.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You can read that # into anything. They read that # into Avatar and there was no Jesus similarity.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The only modern pop culture thing I remember reading that was definitely a version of the Jesus story was the first Robocop movie because the director explicity stated that's what he was going for.

Haven't read Messiah Complex but I wanted to when I saw it. Only just managed to find a hardback version of The Killing Joke so yeah, good luck me finding this story lol

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
X-Men comics deal with Nazis and WW2 where the Jews and those born different were killed for the master race concept, Evolution theory spreads racist views with people of different tribes and colour skin being less human than another race and these comics have that underlying message.

top topics

join