It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATS Members Familiar with the Golden Dawn?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981

I knew about the "Church of Satan" and the actual Satanists but I had never heard of the branch that follows the Egyptian diety Set. Thanks for the info.

I was engaged in a brief but interesting with Dr. Aquino quite a few years ago, and he was kind enough to elaborate on the philosophical doctrines of the Temple of Set. According to Aquino, Set represents the original "intelligence" of the universe, that which has separated itself from nature, and has become self-aware. Self-awareness can be frightening, so Set was labeled the "Prince of Darkness".

Set was the chief deity of Egypt at the time of the Hebrew exodus; it is the opinion of the Temple of Set that the Hebrews caricatured Set into the character of "Satan" for political reasons.

WOW not Sammy man,
how did they get to him??

Sammy played the devil in a short running TV comedy in the early '70's. In one of the episodes, he mentioned making a visit to "the Church of Satan downtown". LaVey thought this was funny, so he offered Sammy an honorary membership, which he accepted. LaVey and Aquino attended one of Sammy's live performances in Las Vegas, and Aquino presented his certificate onstage.

This story is told in detail by Aquino in his very interesting book called "The Church of Satan", which also features photos of the event. This book tells the story of how Aquino came to be associated woth the Church of Satan, his rise to leadership in it, and his eventually resignation which led to the founding of the Temple of Set. It can be read in full here, and it contains a good many interesting photos taken during his time in the Church of Satan.

Here is a photo of LaVey, Sammy, and Aquino following Davis' induction as an honorary member:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by lazy1981

According to Aquino, Set represents the original "intelligence" of the universe, that which has separated itself from nature, and has become self-aware. Self-awareness can be frightening, so Set was labeled the "Prince of Darkness".

[

As I said I'm a bit rusty but this sounds similsr to the Gnostic Idea of things.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The Mormons is only an occult that someone made up and does not fall in line with Chrisianity. The "G" that you see above your "worshipful master" is only the silent G in gnostism. There is nothing gnostic about Christianity either. Freemasonry is only a tool to take unknowingly people off of the right path.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Excuse me but why does self-awareness have to be so frightening? In fact, why does everything about Christianity and Jesus Christ have to frighten you so much?

Surpise, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Oh, this will be interesting. What are you talking about! Where did you see anything that would imply that I was "fearful of Christianity?" Have you taken your meds today????????????

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here is what I don't get Tamahu, and I mean this as an honest question. not as a jab to you.It is fine that you are a proponent on the act being performed without release (that is about the most eloquent way that I can think of to describe the concept),however, the human body will comepensate via nocturnal emissions if one does not ejaculate.

So does this mean that due to an invilentary act that occured in ones body, years of work would be lost?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A key term in Alchemy, is Transmutation.

Which is the transformation of the Brute Mercury into more subtle forms of energy: Sulphur, etc.

Because "Matter" is only condensed Energy, or Matter at a more subtle level of vibration, Energy at 'lower' level of vibration, etc.

There are various levels of "Matter" and "Energy" in accordance with the specific levels, and masculine and feminine poles, of the Tree of Life. Dakas, Dakinis, etc.

So when specific Tantric and/or Yogic exercises(Sexual Magic, Pranayama, Yantra Yoga, etc.) are applied, the physical semen or Brute Mercury is said to receive a sort "shock" which Transmutes the semen into Creative Energy, which in turn is sent up two, or all three of the Central Channels.

The gist of the teaching, is that when Transmuted, the Brute Mercury doesn't just sit stagnant and build up in the lower chakras. And, when Transmuted, is able to separate from the Arsenic Sulphur, the latter of which is Satanic egoism, lust, etc.

What should I do if I have an accident during sexual magic or during an erotic dream?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join