It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who Series 30 Premier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yup! It's that time of year again. Another year down, another Who thread WOOHOO! I'm sure all the local ATS Whoovians are well aware of what this episode entails, so I'll just leave the rest up to you guys lmao.

www.bbc.co.uk...

One thing I'm not sure of is the usual. Russel T. Davies and well... Kylie! Ugg. I hope she can act, never seen her so I'm wary. Good thing this is a one off, but then we gotta deal with Katherine Tate.
I really hope this season doesn't jump the shark, because this is gonna be the last season for a long while. There is going to be a hiatus year with only 3 new who episodes(TV Movies IIRC) during the 2009 Season so....we shall see! They may call it off if the Writers strike is still going on because they could get some serious ratings, but I'm not holding my breath! This strike could be a huge boon for British Television.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Also, I was wondering if anyone caught the Children in Need special? I like how they explained why Davisons doctor aged. Hopefully this is a forshadowing of another # Doctors episode in the future. Hopefully one with Tom Baker, though that guy has to lose some weight, yeesh.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Yeah, I saw that a few days ago. Rather amusing. I like it when the Doctor runs into himself. It's happened in at least 3 episodes that I can recall off the top of my head. (called the three, five, and two doctors, respectively, for obvious reasons once you watch them)

I also have no idea whether Kylie can act, but even if she bombs it, it's only one episode. And yeah, there is going to be a year without Doctor Who after this season, since David Tennant wants to go do some theater or something like that. I think he signed a contract for the year after that, though, so they won't just kill him and put someone else new in, they will actually take the year off.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just Netflixed the first installment of Dr. Who, so in several years I might watch 30.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

doctor who chrismans special
not long left and we get to watch it,

hes got that loud mouthed side kick now doesnt he?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Naw, Kylie Minogue is going to do a one off for this one, the loudmouth doesn't start until episode 1. BTW, I consider the XMas special to be the season premier. A little taster before the meat begins 4 months later :cry:

Word is they are also bringing Rose back so this meeting with Davison may be a foreshadowing of that. Perhaps they'll have something chaotic and confusing like that one Farscape episode where Chriton gets duplicated lmao. I doubt they'd go that insane, but I'd like to see some non-traditional stuff out of RTD this year.

I just Netflixed the first installment of Dr. Who, so in several years I might watch 30.

Enjoy! The Tom Baker years are my favorite of the old who.

How did you come to discover the good doctor? New or old fan?

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is an episode guide if you get lost or confused as most episodes from the really early black and white years no longer exist.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 18-12-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just finished watching the XMas special and it was good! Kylie didn't annoy me too much but she isn't an actor that much was clear.

Sontarans in Season 30 WOOHOO!

[edit on 25-12-2007 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join