It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan warns of strong response to nukes grab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Pakistan warns of strong response to nukes grab

news.yahoo.com

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Pakistan's military vowed a strong response to any international attempt to seize its atomic arsenal as the army successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable cruise missile on Tuesday.

The security of Pakistan's estimated 50 nuclear warheads has been under global scrutiny since President Pervez Musharraf imposed a state of emergency on November 3 citing Islamist violence and political turmoil.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The US has been most voacl about the Instability within Pakistan - and rightly so sadly - but this is a serious indication that any `spcial forces` action against its nukes will result in them being used....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I haven't heard of any rumored plans to secure those weapons. Have you? All I have seen is just the usual fear mongering and "what if'ing" about worst case scenarios. I haven't heard anyone suggesting that we go in and secure them though.

I guess they wouldn't go on record like this if they weren't receiving some sort of pressure though.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There has been `mention` in the press of securing them against `rogue` use - as a number of factions are Pro-Taliban.

top topics

join