It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Huckabee surge a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I have noticed that CNN has really been pushing the surging popularity of Huckabee lately. They seem to be crowing him as the new frontrunner for the republican nomination.

www.cnn.com...

Huckabee's dramatic jump in the polls is going nationwide. The former Arkansas governor is in a virtual tie with Republican presidential front-runner Rudy Giuliani in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation national poll out Monday

I just can't help but get the feeling that the Republicans are concedeing the election and trying to get Huckabee out front because they know he will be beat by anyone that opposes him.

I remember him announcing that he was going to run on the Colbert Report. It was a joke. I just can't get my head around how this guy seems to be gaining so much momentum. I don't understand the appeal.

The conspiracy I suppose would be that the "global elite" or the people who pull the strings want Hillary to win and to solidify it, they are trying to get a weak opponent to be the face of the republican party.

--------------------------------
Edited 'quote' for 'ex' tags

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Funny, not long after I posted this, CNN runs this article.

www.cnn.com...

"Poll: Huckabee would lose to Democrats by double digits" The article goes on to mention that he would lose to all three leading dems by double digits.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that the Republicans are trying to concede anything.

Huckabee was unknown to the national populous in the beginning, on the first debate I described him as a very good speaker, who reminded me of a car salesman, real smooth.

He is very comfortable in front of the camera and since he hasn't spent his political career in Washington, some look to him as someone NEW since a majority of americans are fed up with what has been going on in DC, be it Rep or Dem.

I haven't seen him attack anyone besides little sly remarks tainted with humor ie. when he said Hillary would be the first person he would send to mars on a mission. It got some laughs.

It looked like he was getting a pass from the other Rep candidates, especially Giuliani because the little gains made by Huckabee were in line with the losses by the front runner Romney.

That has all changed now that Huckabee's star has risen, now he is being attacked by misleading news designed to turn votes away from the former Arkansas governor.

His campaign reminds me very much of another former Arkansas governor, unknown, who won and served 8 years as President, I think you know who that is. Remember when they said he had no chance to win the election?

Think about it, I think the only President elected going back to 1976 who was a Washington DC career guy was Bush Sr.

Carter - Georgia Gov?
Reagan - California Gov?
Clinton - Arkansas Gov?
Bush Jr - Texas Gov?

31 years - one Pres from the cesspool of corrupt national representatives.

This kind of backs up my thoughts that changing the President will result in no change in Washington, if you REALLY want change, get rid of the lifer Congressmen and Senators, while it is important to follow and decide who you want to represent the country in the Oval office, it is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT you & I carefully follow our local, state elections to enact a very BIG change in the face of our representatives serving on Capitol hill.

My observations say this will not happen, most people hate politics and prefer not to get their hands dirty, yet they complain about the mess that results from their inaction.

I certainly hope that in my lifetime we, indvidual citizens can rise up and clean up Washington DC, before it is too late...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm going to have to agree here. The Republicans have most certainly not conceded anything. They don't "want" to lose this election and they most definitely do not "want" Hillary Clinton to be President.

Huckabee is surging right now because he is a fresh face in the Republican party and people are taking a liking to him. The only reason the MSM is pushing Huckabee so hard right now is because "they" would love for him to get the nod.

The MSM is very obviously liberally biased and are HUGE supporters of the Clinton's. In their eyes they have the best chance of beating Huckabee out of any of the Republican frontrunner's, (which I agree with).

Their worst fear right now is that someone like Rudy or Romney will get the nomination and beat Hillary to a pulp.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thank you for the response. I don't think that Huckabee has the same appeal to.... anyone really, that Clinton had. Clinton won on the youth ticket, running the MTV circuit. I am not sure who Huckabee's demographic is, but I would have to guess red state fundamentalist crowd.

At this point I just have a hard time taking him serious as a candidate. Perhaps he will grow on me.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I hope someone grows on me, I look at the field for next years' election and I don't like anyone...

Like I said I am trying to keep an eye out for my local, state elections since this is where I can help to make a change in how DC works.

This should be a busy couple of weeks for the Pres candidates since the primaries begin so early next year, time is running out and without a true debate on the issues, it will be difficult to make a decision, I am thouroughly disgusted in how ALL of the televised debates have been conducted, total bias towards frontrunners.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, in all reality, Huckabee is the only Republican running with TRUE conservative values... So, that may very well answer your question as to why he is "surging."

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Actually, his funny eye makes people feel sorry for him, thus want to vote for him. Plus he's a hell of a speaker.

I'm being totally serious on both points.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
He is just a likable guy. He is not wimpy and whinny like Ron Paul. He is not wanting to be like Bush IE Gulianii and McCain. He is not a BS guy like Romney appears to be and he does not seem so radical like Tancredeo. He wants to get rid of the I.R.S. Yes he is the man. If he keeps it up he will win in a landslide in my opinion. People know that Clinton is a lier and Obama has no experience and is also a talking head. If Obama won we would have a civil war. If Clinton wins I'm going to build a bomb shelter in the mountains were know one can find me.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh no. Now you've gone and done it. You have insulted the high and mighty Ron Paul so many around here are enamored with.

I'm guessing the flood gates should open any moment...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

so conservatism is about sexism and homophobia?

he's not running conservative values, he's running reactionary regressive values.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I guess I haven't heard him speak enough. Because honestly he comes across with a strong Barney Fife kind of a vibe. I didn't really think of him as a strong speaker.

new topics

top topics

join