It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else is sickened by Oprahma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I am a democrat and when I see people like Obama get together with a person like Oprah, I get disgusted. Oprah has always been a fake, a TV personality who has no morality. So, how is it that Obama has joined with her and created this powerfist? I don't get why is Oprah so powerful? what did she do? I was never an Oprah fan, I don't get why woman watch her TV show and I am good at intuition and I can tell many things about her that speak, negativity and hatred. They are making this a racist issue and trying to get african americans to vote for Obama. it's a sad attempt at getting votes. Reason I'm voting for Hillary.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think Oprah is a wannabe president.

If she likes him, EVERYONE else should, huh?

She hasnt sold him to me yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Let me get this straight… You are upset that Obama may be playing the race card in order to get elected, yet you support a woman in Hillary Clinton who loves nothing more than to play the gender card in her campaign? Seems a little strange to me. She is constantly complaining that “the big bad boys” are “swift boating me” and “picking on the poor little woman” and that doesn’t bother you, but Obama and Oprah does?

I guess that’s the reason your voting for Hillary Clinton.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oprah is a talk show host based in Chicago, Illinois. Barack Obama is a Senator from Illinois. I see no problem with Oprah voicing her opinions and lending her support to someone she would like to see president. I am sure it appeals to her that he would be the first black president, but i seriously doubt this is the crux of her motivations. Obama is a legitimate candidate for president and to reduce him to a race issue is inappropriate. Sean Penn just threw his support to Kucinich. They're both white. Does this make Kucinich's candidacy a matter of race? I doubt it.

Oprah has a pretty large audience and i respect her for what she has tried to do with schools in Africa. However, there is a huge difference between Oprah suggesting books and Oprah suggesting presidential candidates. I think you're expecting droves of born-to-follow Oprah audience doing whatever she says. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that even though people may like and watch her show, they're not going to vote for a candidate simply because she likes them.

I caught Obama's speech this weekend with Oprah, and it was terrible. Oprah did just fine, but I thought Barack never established a rhythm, and he was nowhere near inspirational. It also didn't help that he must have had some cheap audio equipment because the sound was terrible.

Seriously though, why are you voting for Hillary? Her candidacy is as contrived as Giuliani's, and she's about as sincere as he is to boot.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure about how her being a talk show host qualifies her to be an informed authority on the race for the Presidency. She is just another star with a biased opinion. If you let Oprah Winfrey help you make your mind up for the next President of the United States than you need to rethink your outlook on reality.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For the first time, i agree with most of what you said jedimiller.

But who cares.

As in answer to your question. Yes, i am sicked by her, but i have been for years, her eyes just freak me out.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
I am sure it appeals to her that he would be the first black president, but i seriously doubt this is the crux of her motivations. Obama is a legitimate candidate for president and to reduce him to a race issue is inappropriate. Sean Penn just threw his support to Kucinich. They're both white. Does this make Kucinich's candidacy a matter of race? I doubt it.

Celebrities endorse candidates all the time. They can reach more voters more easily than the average person can; that's one of the benefits of stardom. There are Hollywood personalities who support your favorite candidate, just as they supported Bill Clinton in earlier years, but I doubt if that troubles you.

Oprah has a large following among both sexes and all races, and many of them are now aware of her choice. Obama will likely benefit to a greater or lesser extent. I find nothing "sickening" about their collaboration. There's another thread by a Ron Paul supporter who also deplores this state of things. That's politics. But then I like Obama pretty well, though I haven't decided for sure who I'll vote for.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Seriously though, why are you voting for Hillary? Her candidacy is as contrived as Giuliani's, and she's about as sincere as he is to boot.

I'm voting for hillary because she's smarter than everyone else and she knows what direction to take. And I been following her carrer for a long time, along with bill's.

on topic, I know a few african americans who are devoted oprah fans and they will do anything she says, if she tells them to jump off a cliff they will. she has so much power and I dont' know why, I think it may be a chick thing. I find her to be a horrible person.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I'm voting for hillary because she's smarter than everyone else and she knows what direction to take. And I been following her carrer for a long time, along with bill's.

You are voting for Hillary because she's smarter than everyone else? And just when I thought you couldn't have a more asinine reason to support her.

What proof do you have that she is "smarter" than everyone else? How do you come to that conclusion? I don't think I have ever heard her answer a question that would take any smarts to answer. I guess when it comes to dodging questions and avoiding issues, she is probably the best their is, but what kind of quality is that?

Also, if you have really been following what little "career" she has had, I'd think you would have many good reasons NOT to vote for her.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry, you had me until I realized you were the same author of the "George Lucas Predicted 9/11" thread. While I agree with the symbolism, that was a huge stretch, to stay the least.

Also, I thought the reason you were voting for Hillary was because you're a democrat. I think a lot of the people who are voting for Hillary is because when they hear 'Clinton' they think Bill. Same reason Republicans voted for another Bush administration.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
True. And that doesn't make much sense either.

I'm not sure why the Clinton's are looked at as kind of rock stars here by most people. I guess it seems to many like those were "the good days", but if you look back he did no better job than Bush has done in my opinion.

I also can't understand how, even if they see things that way, they can possibly think Hillary would be a good president. She is completely unqualified and is also just not the right person honestly. Her entire demeanor and attitude is a tremendous sign of type of "leader" she would be.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Who else is sickened by Oprahama?

Me. And everyone I know

Originally posted by dgtempe
If she likes him, EVERYONE else should, huh?

You are right. It's that over inflated hollywood ego.

Originally posted by nyk537
You are upset that Obama may be playing the race card ...yet you support a woman in Hillary Clinton who loves nothing more than to play the gender card ...

"may" ??? "may be playing the race card" ???

Oh hyk537 - there is no doubt about it.
He is NOT qualified in the least to be POTUS.
At least Hillary has experience. Tons of it. And she understands
the world political landscape. Obama is clueless.

And for the record - it wasn't Hillary that was complaining about 'the big bad boys' picking on her. It was her husband.

(and no - I'm not a Hillary supporter)

I caught Obama's speech this weekend with Oprah, and it was terrible.

I thought they both stunk. Oprah played up the black thing in her manner of speech (and what she said). And Obama just plain stunk.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm not sure about how her being a talk show host qualifies her to be an informed authority on the race for the Presidency.

It comes from the same source that makes Barbara Striesand (a has-been 60's singer/actress) fax emails to congress telling them how to run the country (the emails contained major misspellings and even mismatched the names of world leaders with the wrong countries).

She has a right to support any candidate she wants. We all do. But the laughable aspect of this is that she seems to think that her opinion matters more than the rest of us.
That's what comes across with these hollywierdos.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am so tired and fed up with the system and the way the government is I am not voting at all anymore at least not until my vote counts again..

I really don't care who gets elected would prefer Republican but all in all I don't really care at all...

Can't believe anyone would vote for a candidate based on someone else's viewpoint though that is a frivolous use of a vote and Lazy..

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 12/13/2007 by geocom]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ripperella
I'm sorry, you had me until I realized you were the same author of the "George Lucas Predicted 9/11" thread.

And that should have no effect on your political views. it was just a theory. But reason is what matters..and there'a reason why Hillary is going to be the next president. Because she's the right person for the job, she's smart, experienced and qualified. More than any other republican candidate.

new topics

top topics

join