It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iceland Teen Call Secret White House Phone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Did Iceland Teen Call Secret White House Phone?

abcnews.go.com

When VĂ­fill Atlason, a 16-year-old high school student from Iceland, decided to call the White House, he could not imagine the kind of publicity it would bring.

"The police chief said they were under orders from U.S. officials to "find the leak"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If this story is true then since when has the US goverment had the power to give orders to the law enforcement agency of another country? Whilst they obviously want to know where the security breach had occurred shouldn't they actually ask rather than strut around giving orders?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
From what I read, the kid got the number from The Ellen Degeneres Show, after Bush's daughter called daddy on air. Seems like a non-story to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i'm sure if he had got through to the stationery supply office he would have been treated the same way, but getting put on the no-fly list for america for a prank call would be taking it too far though (assuming that most of iceland wanted to go to the us anyway)

still, they don't get any sun in winter so they have to do something to entertain themselves. knowing icelanders though, about a quarter of the country probably has that phone number and if someone doesn't have it, they will just ask one or two other people and then they'll have it. perhaps they would organise a mass-phone-in

top topics

join