It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dare for the Americans who believe...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is a dare to all AMERICANS, especially you guys who live in the big cities, NYC, CHICAGO, LA, even vegas....

Also you guys from london too...

I have heard and read about all the secret and old world war bunkers and underground tunnels in these cities,,,yes all these underground passages and things are perfect for reptiles, the ninja turtles, nosferatu and who knows what else, it has been a setting for many movies and myths....

I am just curious though, we all know these bunkers and passages exist under our feet, but my question is....why have none of you been down there ??

I mean if i lived in NYC or in London, i'd have made a mission down there ages ago, who knows what you'd find/see down there...

Is there anyone on here who has ever actually dared go down there ??

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If you don't get any responses, you may have to up the anty to a double dare, or perhaps a double dog dare. I don't know if you are allowed to go straight from a dare to a double dog dare though. You may want to look into that.

On topic though, you should watch "Dark Days". It is a documentary on the homeless of New York living in the underground. Pretty amazing stuff.

en.wikipedia.org...(documentary)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I live in L.A. and I dont know where "there" is, I would love to venture down there but I have no idea where to find one.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The first place to start would be the sewers, or even off track in the underground ( railway tunnels )

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Dark Days was a messed up movie, man... but it just goes to show you where people have to go to avoid the hate and judgement of the people still caught in the system up top... just wanting all the ugliness their precious society has created to go away. I admire those people who have been able to survive down there. I almost wanted to try that myself... but I'm not a huge fan of eating garbage. What a damn shame that we let homeless people eat our garbage. Whenever I see a homeless guy on the street begging for money, I make his day. Sheister or not, if you've got spare change, it means you don't need it. Give it to someone who will use it.

Reminds of that post about the homeless guy who got harassed by privately owned street security cops...

and that in itsself reminds me of RoboCop. Essentially, we're already there, just not as dramatized.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

When I watched it, I was impressed at their freedom. They had free room and board, free electricity and a sense of community. In a way, they had it better than a lot of people. I was also impressed that they could create such a life after losing everything, usually due to drugs.

I thought it was a good documentary.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Anyone ever ask them if they saw weird things going on down there ??

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Actually, the "dare" you have put forth is conducted by thousands of people everyday. The hobby is called "urban exploring" and is practiced by many thousands of people. Urban Exploring is the hobby of exploring abandoned buildings, bunkers, sewers (often called "draining"), utility areas, off-limits areas, or any other place not designed for public access.

I used to be an extremely active member of the UE community. I'd be glad to answer any questions.

No, I haven't seen reptilians.

Resources:
infiltration.org...
Infiltration is an excellent site. It includes a database of locations that have been explored. It also has a top notch forum. Beware, however: the people involved in this hobby are suspicious of new faces. Too many vandals have used our resources to cause trouble and start fires. Until they know you, you are likely to get cryptic answers and be treated with suspicion.

en.wikipedia.org...
A good Wikipedia article that gives a good overview.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

Ewwwwwwwwwww, rats, mice, and more rats, too. Sewage, and cockroaches. I'm more afraid of rats and roaches than any shape shifting humanoid lizard!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
This is a dare to all AMERICANS, especially you guys who live in the big cities, NYC, CHICAGO, LA, even vegas....

Also you guys from london too...

I have heard and read about all the secret and old world war bunkers and underground tunnels in these cities,,,yes all these underground passages and things are perfect for reptiles, the ninja turtles, nosferatu and who knows what else, it has been a setting for many movies and myths....

I am just curious though, we all know these bunkers and passages exist under our feet, but my question is....why have none of you been down there ??

I mean if i lived in NYC or in London, i'd have made a mission down there ages ago, who knows what you'd find/see down there...

Is there anyone on here who has ever actually dared go down there ??

what if tons of people have made it down there, they just havent lived to tell.

dead men tell no tales

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm involved in this sort of stuff underneath Melbourne. There's a group in NYC, called Jinx, that explore New York's various topside and underground locations. They explore wearing full suits and dark glasses, which I've always thought is pretty cool.
A good page is here: Urbex links. Lotsa links.

But I don't recommend anyone really do this sort of stuff. Here in Aus, if I get caught climbing out of a manhole it's a $20, 000 fine. Also, explorers rarely - if ever - go into sewers. They're dangerous and smelly.
But if you happen to live near Melbourne and still want to give it a go . . . ?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Jinx is now pretty much defunct. They are largely out of the game, but they did put out a very nice book a while back.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

excellent links man, thanks. the pic on the jinx site are great.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
ive been in an old, abandoned tunnel in rhode island. it was just an old transport tunnel, nothing terribly exciting, but what can you expect from rhode island? aside from some general eerieness and some weirdness that, i admit, might be due to coincidence and faulty memory, it was pretty much what you would expect. an old tunnel. cold, damp, dark and empty, aside from some trash and an old car skeleton. some interesting graffiti.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Haven't read the book, unfortunately. In fact, I haven't even read Ninjalicious' book. I'm a bit slack . . .

G'day mates! Chang-dang-ereedoo a Shiela for us in the bush while you're on a UE walkabout drinkin Fostahz with Crocodile Dundee and the Alligator Hunter.

rofl. Not quite.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
When I was a kid, me and some friends used to enter the sewer system via a culvert behind my house when I lived at base housing in McConnell AFB, KS. We tried to cross underneath the highway and enter the actual base that way, but it was locked with a cage and actual padlock. I didn't see any reptilians, ninja turtles, or anything of that sorts, but there were some BIG bull-snakes down there!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Frumpwallow, I'm a Rhode Islander too. There are tons of cool places to go explore! You just have to know where to look.

Our state isn't that boring

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There's an org in the UK called Subterranea Britannica, which takes great delight in exploring old underground places, railway tunnels, nuclear bunkers etc etc.

www.subbrit.org.uk...

Word of warning though (with my responsible hat on) ... some of these places can be really dangerous. Abandoned bunkers especially can have rotting floors, flooding, build up of noxious gases etc. And although they might look abandoned they do belong to someone, whether it be the government or private individuals.

If you feel the need to go investigate in person, be very careful ...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There's an underground network under the town I live in, Eastleigh. Many a weekend was spent trying to find the entrances, predictably, we had zero luck.

I'll have a dig around and see what I can find though.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
For a person who wants to know what is underground so bad and is daring people who live in these places, why dont you take a trip to NY or Chi-town yourself and look? Im not tying to be mean, but how can you dare other people when one is not willing to do it themselves? Maybe you dont live close to these cities but do not make dares when you yourself are not willing to join in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join