It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Object caught on tracking camera at Holloman AFB on the 24th of March 1951

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
NM_MAR_24_1951.pdf
Project 10073 Record Card
Record card and film of object sighted over Holloman air force base on 24th of march 1951.

Document date: 1951-03-24
Department: USAF
Author: Unknown
Document type: Record
pages: 4

Archivist's Notes: Photo of object taken by tracking camera at Holloman AFB in conjunction with various meteor studies, and efforts to locate objects through triangulation. The document is in poor condition, with only the first page being legible. The photos are in similarly poor condition.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
page 1 details the sighting on 24th march 1951 of an object photographed by a tracking camera at holloman afbm new mexico. a study of meteors was taking place and it was trying to triangulate sightings which would enable the location of objects to be discovered, when the camera snapped this object. there were no (apparent) witnesses.

pages 2, 3 & 4 are the pictures of the object photographed (not really worth looking at due to quality)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As justyc has said, there is not a great deal of information here, The statement on page one says much the same, due to no known observers.

It would be interesting if the original pictures could be obtained, to subject them to modern analysis. Photo analysis has come a long way in the last 50 years, and something might be found, though what good it would do is another question.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
nice fake document...classified is clearly misspelled on the cover.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
One question, I was browsing the INTERNET for perhaps pictures of this 1951 Phenomena when I came across with this link that happen to been using almost the same unclassified documents as the one ATS is using here.

I wonder if is more people doing the same project on other sites or if this is only exclusive to ATS.

Just wondering.

This is the link and it have the document on this same sitting.

www.nicap.org...

This is the link to the document.

www.nicap.org...

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666

had you spent the time that we have with these documents, you would soon realise that that is how the originals were typed (and then photocopied for FOI use)

perhaps if you spent some of your time (and money) in applying for one of these documents from the us gov, you would find the same errors as appear here. if you are more daring, you could hep us sort and catalogue them here

marg, for the same reasons, anyone can request these documents and they would all look the same, but these particular collection were applied for (*and paid for) by one person, and those copies are what ats exclusive has access to.
*someone correct me if i am wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666

Ahhh yes – UNCALSSIFIED
Some proof that humans also made spelling mistakes in the ‘old days’

Nevertheless the document is real - though the quality of the pdf. content is poor.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

Well you'd never guess this is a conspiracy site.

Actually that was a good catch. I wouldn't have any idea why someone would go to the trouble of faking this document. If it were, I would bet it would be spelled correctly.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
According to Bruce Maccabee's investigation in to Project Twinkle,

The investigation began on March 24, 1950. By this time there had been many sightings in the southwest according to the sighting catalogue compiled by Lt. Col. Rees of the 17th District Office of Special Investigations at Kirtland, AFB, many of them around Holloman Air Force Base. His catalogue shows the following data for New Mexico in 1949: the area of Sandia Base (Albuquerque) - 17 sightings, mostly in the latter half of the year; Los Alamos area - 26 sightings spread throughout the year; Vaughn area - none; Holloman AFB/Alamogordo/White Sands area - 12; other areas in southwest New Mexico- 20; total - 75.

On February 21 [1950] an observation post, manned by two people, was set up at Holloman with a theodolite, telescope and camera.

It's very likely this was tracked in no small part due to Project Twinkle.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
All I have to say is,

"This page is uncalssified"

If you can't spell, I don't think anyone'll believe you.
Well done US government, you've done it again. 40 years before President Bush...

(Forgive me for being so cynical, I'm sure your government meant well.)

top topics

join