It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mods on crackdown mode, everyone hide their threads!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Hey duzey, why not game threads. It was fun, relaxing, brought people together more. A great place for the younger ones to hang out. By any chance could you take it up with the 3 Amigos and ask them to reconsider the game threads or is this a done deal?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Even in some of the two word games, there were subtleties, word plays, clever references that I thought were very entertaining and far from "pointless."

And required skill and sophistication to maintain the flow.

If you never participated, I can see how they might seem Pointless and banal. They weren't and It's too bad that these types of threads were trashed.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to go there, but still is soooooooooo open and vague that its bound to become repetitive the cry "because my thread was close and such and such thread were not" or "why the MOD thread wasnt closed but mine was?".

I remember my First Sgt. told me once: " there is nothing common about common sense", which is very true IMO.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The thing is i dont think the game threads were that pointless at all.

When i first started posting on BTS i joined in on some of those game threads, through that interaction u2u's followed with some of the other members also playing, from that grew friendships and further interaction between members.

I can certainly understand there may be other reasons why some threads may need to be closed, freeing up bandwidth etc but to say that all those threads were pointless is wrong imo, i wouldnt have met half the members i have if those threads were "pointless".

just my .25 cents.

mojo

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm going to try and respond to a few posts at once here.

reply to post by Beachcoma

I wouldn't say all game threads are the type that will be closed. Here is an example of a game that is perfectly fine. It takes some effort, a bit of thought, and you can't google the answers.

Say it with Pictures (rebus puzzles)

Yeah, I know - a mod started it. Nevertheless, it is an example of a puzzle/game thread that I don't consider to be against the forum rules.

reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Yes, it is a part of the definition I gave - one word out of about twenty. The sentence it was right smack dab in the middle of went like this:

consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions

reply to post by Shar

I realize there were people that enjoyed the game threads. The 3 Amigo's decided 8 months ago to end them and that's when it became a done deal.

I would suggest if you feel that strongly about it, you u2u one of them. They may not change their minds, but I'm sure they will listen to what you have to say.

-----------------------------

When there were just one or two of these threads it was a little easier for us Mods to turn a 'blind eye', so to speak. This worked until there just became too many of them to ignore.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Duzey]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join