It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mods on crackdown mode, everyone hide their threads!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
This has been discussed by staff and it is two mod's doing the hard work and giving their own time to do what is stated here.

That's what I call it.

So touchy.

I'm sure bodrul meant nothing of offense, so no need to counter.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I don't read any more into this than what it is..an enforcing of a rule that was already in place.Yes, one of my threads was locked, a very active one.But Iam not going to have sour grapes about it.Iam going to say though, that many members enjoy game threads, and perhaps in the future they could have their own forum specifically for that.
I don't see that KingLizard or Duzey are powertripping.
Yesterday when I saw what was happening...I knew my thread would be closed...so what?
There is more to life than a game thread.That is not everything I come here for.It's amazing how being a Mod you can't win for losing.You want the rules to be followed and enforced and the Mods to step in when you have a problem, yet when they do the job they are supposed to do people complain.You can't have it both ways.
As members we must follow the rules, we all know that.The Mods are there to remind us of that.Don't shoot the messengers.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This has been discussed by staff and it is two mod's doing the hard work and giving their own time to do what is stated here.

That's what I call it.

breath in
breath out

it was a joke

Jebus christ, i SM another forum and i wouldnt really call it hard work,
just read a few topics if its bad , Close or delete

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
To me is also clear what's going on here, not that hard to interpret and correct me if I'm wrong.

Threads need to have substance, no substance= no thread, simple as that, or is it?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Okay, I think I'm starting to get it.

So, basically, 80% of the threads on BTS need to be locked and roughly 96% of the threads in general chit chat, including this one? Correct?

Or am I just confused?

Who knows anymore? hahaha

Jasn

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I guess lol!

I don't know! Now you confused me too!

Now that you made me look at it, I think your right, most threads here in BTS lack substance for the most part, I guess that was makes it fun here.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I was under the impression that this was the whole purpose of BTS.

I thought it was created for the more "general BS" chit chat that doesn't belong in ATS.

I can understand the "post in my thread" threads being pointless or the "first to post" threads......however, the "games" can hardly be called legitimately pointless.

They serve a purpose and, while I don't participate in them, that purpose is entertainment.

There are MANY members who ONLY post in these "game" threads.

In fact, if I recall correctly, a mod wrote a "guide to ATS points" at some point in time that recommended the "game" threads in General Chit Chat as a good method to gain some BTS points while getting to know your fellow members.

Seems to me like that is serving a purpose.

Entertainment and getting to know your fellow members. While those don't have a place in the BUSINESS world, in the virtual social world that I THOUGHT BTS was, those seem to be very good, and far from pointless, things.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
two Mods on a Bad day
just noticed the Lock down

Mods Gone Wild with power thats what i call it

Sanctum didn't react in an angry manner, although he should've because of this stupid comment! ^^

Originally posted by bodrul

That's what I call it.

breath in
breath out

it was a joke

Jebus christ, i SM another forum and i wouldnt really call it hard work,
just read a few topics if its bad , Close or delete

I'm curious if you're comparing www.ldgfx.co.uk with ATS? Or perhaps the 42 users currently online at www.staylocked.com compared to the 158 users currently online at ATS?

PS the "joke" wasn't funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

I'm quite certain it was said in jest.

Bodrul isn't the type to be a pain in the arse.

In addition, I believe this is what has been referred to as an AKOEP.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

nah ld is jokes (and has been abondoned a while ago)
SL is jokes more of a take the pee out of everyone

i was on about another site i didnt post it as its against Terms and conditions to post links to other forums

and Gaspode like i a take a toot that you didnt find it funny
dont think you would know funny if it slapped u in the face

also i would edit your previous response before a mod does

[edit on 11-12-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My game thread ideas usually suck so bad that they basically lock themselves.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
My game thread ideas usually suck so bad that they basically lock themselves.

Peace

That maybe true but some times mirth and excitement, hilarity for a little while be for they die a nice easy peaceful death.

Cutting the juggler and having them bleed to death on the cyber street, cold blooded murder in the electron world. A thread that may have grown to be the new wall street journal for all we know.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa, you never cease to confuse me.

Congratulations my friend!

Though, I'm with ya either way.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I need to throw my 2 cents in.
KingLizard, and Duzey took the weight on their shoulders to do some spring cleaning. Look at it for what it is. Read nothing into it. Some threads were closed down. In the past I've had a thread of mine moved, I've had a thread of mine closed down. I wasn't overly pleased about it, but I understood, and just moved on to the next thread.

I used the words Spring Cleaning. Not much more to it than that.

I admit it. I am part of the problem. General Chit Chat is one of the forums I was tapped to moderate. As a Mod, I should look at some of these threads at their inception and act then, instead of letting them grow so that my fellow Mods have to do the dirty work of removing a large thread.

It's not a power trip. I'll say it again. It's nothing more than Spring cleaning.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

I used the words Spring Cleaning. Not much more to it than that.

It's not a power trip. I'll say it again. It's nothing more than Spring cleaning.

Ummm but it's winter...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Ummmmm........... OK it's Winter Solstice Cleaning!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

How very Pagan of ya'll..a week early...

J/K

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is a pointless thread.....we don't allow that on BTS.

Thanks for understanding.

THREAD CLOSED

edit:

[edit on 12/11/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
kewlaid?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ummm but it's winter...

Come on. Winter's a good 10 days away. Don't rush it. Allow me the illusion of enjoying the glory of late autumn. A very wet, chilly, foggy, late autumn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join