It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mods on crackdown mode, everyone hide their threads!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
LOL, this is too funny, but i guess the mods aint laughing!. Now I dont want to be spank or nothing, BUT how when a thread reaches 100 pages then is decided that is against T&C is just funny to me.

Now what im going to do when I bored?

Mod Edit: cap title

[edit on 12/12/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have no need to hide mine as no one posts in them anyway!

Also I glad you added the "down" to your title, otherwise it would have been too funny!!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

HA! That would have been funny indeed, not that I will be around to enjoy the fun after that.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It seems that the explanition was that many of these threads were "pointless" so from now on we need to imbed a moral message somewhere so they won't be *pointless*

My favorite moral message, especially round the holidays, is "Virgil, don't put that in your mouth; you have no idea where it's been"

I could be wrong thogh, the cough medicine has kicked in and I might just be rambeling. It's hard to tell from this distance.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Then I guess as soon they see this one is going to get the lock too, there is no moral message attach to it, jus my rambling about stuff I founf funny.

My question is, is it the end to the game threads? Hope not

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i noticed that too. 3-4 page threads that are all of a sudden locked...
oh well

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Its a conspiracy!

quick! Everyone drink this tasty kool-aid I've concocted

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Thats just really too funny and obviously moral-less I can hear the chains and the lock down the hallway. Im gone.............

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I know it looks like I went a little nuts in there
, but over a third of the threads that were closed hadn't seen any activity in at least a month. I was just trying to make a bit of a 'point'.

Some of these threads weren't closed as soon as they should have been and I need to take some responsibility for that - after all, I'm one of the assigned Mods for this forum. This may have led some to believe that these kinds of threads are allowed when they aren't.

The types of threads that aren't allowed are the '____ the person above you', 'A-Z of ____' and game threads. Yes, the game threads.

The End Of "Post In My Thread" Threads - ALL MEMBERS READ

You don't have to fear for all of your crazy, rambling chit-chatty threads - the chit-chat forum is the perfect place for them. No moral messages required.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

You don't have to fear for all of your crazy, rambling chit-chatty threads - the chit-chat forum is the perfect place for them. No moral messages required.

Good clarification, and yes I thought those threads were perfectly fine, I was already getting ready the mother of all thread games.................... just joking of course....... I think

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm glad I could help clarify, but I feel the need to clarify further.

When I said game threads aren't allowed, I meant 'pointless' game threads. Something like this - A Christmas Game - isn't pointless because members are getting to know one another better. Getting to know your fellow ATS members better is never pointless. It's part of what makes this such a great community.

I hope that made a bit of sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hmmm ok then!

How about the

Post a random fact about yourself... and then ban the person above you: Thread!

Just a thought.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

But with out the moral message it will just be deemed *pointless* wont it?
As the other fun, entertaining and educational *games* that were trashed?
How can something useful like manipulating the English language be deemed *pointless* God only knows that some on this site could use a little grammer instruction.

I saw a lot of threads trashed OPed by some of the newer or more lowly members and then some of the threads by more popular members remain. Is this right? Preferential treatment perhaps?

I'm gonna play it safe and always have a moral message in my new threads. such as "respect your betters"

I learned a lot about members from what the mods considered *pointless*

I think it was a pointless power trip to put the members in their place.
It worked. I certainly know where I stand.

I was under the assumption that BTS was a place of fun, relaxation a little sillyness and now I feel a chill and a darkness setteling where there once was light and expression, fun, lighthearted exchanges with a little flirtation.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The rule has been in place for quite some time now and is the top sticky in the forum.

The End Of "Post In My Thread" Threads - ALL MEMBERS READ

Hello BelowTopSecret.com users and members.

The End Of "Post Here" Threads

BelowTopSecret.com was created because general "off-topic" chit-chat was growing on ATS, and we needed to find a way to offer a "lounge" to relax with our friends when not focusing on the more serious topics on ATS.

However, all of the efforts of tone, civility, and decorum which as made ATS what it is today still applies on BelowTopSecret.com. This domain was created to provide members with an off-topic place to relax, not a place to engage in pointlessness.

As a result, we will no longer allow the simplistic "post in my thread" type threads anywhere on BTS. We'll be closing these threads, and trashing any new ones that pop up.

If you enjoy these types of threads, well... we're sorry... but we (staff) feel that topics like that do not reflect well on the the type of ATS/BTS/PTS community culture we've all worked hard to build.

Thank you.

I don't consider any members 'lowly' and I didn't check who the authors were. I went by title and content. I'd have to go and look if I wanted to know who the authors were - but I don't. I'm not going to mark it down in a little book. If a sizable number of them were from newer members, I bear a measure of responsibility for that. By not closing these threads as soon as they started, newer members (and some older ones too) may have been given the impression that these types of threads were allowed.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Dear Mod

I am totaly against this lastest ruleing. I fail to see the point.

Who draws the lline on what is pointless, and how far do you draw it.

I think you are walking into murky waters...

I have never posted on these threads that you have closed, but i never would have thought they would all be closed, or should they be.

Is this some kind of scam to lower the bandwith of the servers, i guess 20000 posts of why you are banning the person above you as pointless, but you could say the same about someone dream, or an idea that they had.

I think you are getting into a area that is too dangouros, and with the people we have on these fourms, get ready to be tested.

So now, Duzey, enjoy your role as headmaster of which threads are worthy enough.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'd like to make it clear that this wasn't some arbitrary decision that kinglizard or I made on our own. After discussion among the staff, it was decided that the chit-chat Mods need to more strict in enforcing this rule and that the existing threads should be closed.

It can be a subjective thing sometimes, deciding if a thread should be closed. If that's the case, we'd bring it up for discussion with the rest of the staff to get their input. If I close a thread and the author doesn't think it breaks the forum rules, they are more than welcome to u2u me and I will ask my fellow Mods what they think. Staff input resulted in me reopening a thread earlier - this isn't an ego thing for me.

I'd also like to repeat that many of the threads that were closed haven't been posted in for a while - weeks.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
now I feel a chill and a darkness setteling where there once was light and expression, fun, lighthearted exchanges with a little flirtation.
No flirting?? But, but.... that cant be. Its never dark when i'm around, Whaaaa.... stick with me. Its always darkest before dawn, as Shakespear would say.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

two Mods on a Bad day
just noticed the Lock down

Mods Gone Wild with power thats what i call it

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This has been discussed by staff and it is two mod's doing the hard work and giving their own time to do what is stated here.

That's what I call it.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Sounds to me like another of those "T&C" rules that needs a bit of clarification.

Not to sound like too much of an arse here guys, but would it really be so hard to update the T&C to be a bit more specific?

As it stands now, they are all basically open to interpretation which is why the rules CONTINUE to steadily be broken.

Even most of the mods don't seem to understand when some rules apply and when they do not.

Seems to me that updating the "handbook" might be easier.

But that's just me.

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: Perhaps this would be a good task for majic if he is up for it.

He seems to have a pretty good handle on things through a combination of experience, common sense and caring. His "mod" related podcast was certainly informative.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by SimiusDei]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join