It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Just Nuts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have been into conspiracy theories for quite some time now and I have been into alternative spirituality even longer. However, the more I delve into the world of conspiracy theory, I have alingering question which is persistent in my mind. Are we all just nuts?

Now, don't get me wrong, some conspiracy theories are not only possible, they are plausible. However, so many seem just completely bent on radical paranoia.

According to some conspiracy theorists, we should doubt everyone and everything. If that so be the case, then what the hell are we even doing? If what a majority of what we conspiracy theorists say is true, then shouldn't everyone sleep in shifts and sit on their front porches with loaded guns? I mean, really...

If there really is a group, groups of people out to control, deceive and essentially destroy the rest of us, shouldn't everyone be more vigilant than they are?

Are we hitting points of truth or are we just processing our personal opinions as truth? If it is the latter rather than the former, then doesn't that justify the claim that "conspiracy theorists are insane?" After all, some aspects of insanity does seem to include the transference of OPINION as truth...

I hear people say, "Well, Bush did this and Bush done that," et cetera, et cetera. However, a person with a third grade understanding of Civics knows that the president really does nothing in and unto himself... Congress is the governing arm of this nation, not the president...

Then we get into the whole UFOs and alien thing.. Now, I personally believe in aliens but some of the things that I see being paraded around as the "truth" seems somewhat detrimental to any serious understanding of the subject.

Don't get me wrong.. I personally have a monopoly on "crazy" ideas and beliefs, which is why, I suppose I am even postig this thread... I have to wonder whether we take our ideas and beliefs and try to make a transference of truth.. If that is indeed the case, are we just nuts?

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

join