It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Astrological Sign May Not Be What You Think It Is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17

My birthday is Dec 4, 1956, I will have to research this and see what that sign is about, I lend astrology an eye but I try not to let it lead me, in my younger years I did and I think it adversely helped me or limited my choices by my believing I could only do what a sagittarian does.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have to disagree also. I'm a Cancer ( no way I can be a Gemini ) and my rising sign Scorpio. If anything, I am more Scorpio, but definately not Gemini!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm still a Leo according to this.
I fit into the characteristics of a Leo too.
I don't read my daily horoscope, cause I never really know if it's true or not. How do we know these people who do the horoscopes that they are right, or even know what they are doing???

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i'm satisifed with my Taurus sun sign,
and the fact that in the Chinese calendar model....
I am a Year-of-the-Rat person + my element is Earth....describes me to a T

oh, also that 2008 is a year influenced by the water element, and 2008 is a 'Yang' year....all of these factors are favorable to a person born in a Rat year and moreso for a Taurus Bull person/personality

[edit on 31-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
==i found 2 sets of personality traits:==

LIST OF KEY WORDS OR ATTRIBUTES TO DESCRIBE THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS

interpreter of dreams, vivid premonitions,
attracts good luck and fruitful blessings,

serpent holder, lofty ideals,
a seeker of peace and harmony,
doctor of medicine or science, natural-pathic,

adds, increases, joins, or gathers together
poetical, inventive nature, expanding qualities,

seeks higher education and wisdom,

overseer, supervisor of work,
fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood,
longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man,
architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally,

tax assessor, or levys taxes,
astrological talents, intuitive,

large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young,
the number twelve holds great significance,
foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times,
has secret enemies in family or close associations,
many jealous of this subject,
notable father, apple of father's eye when young,
high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death
feelings of granular, wise, genius mentality,

likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors, and plaids in particular,

receives the favor of those in authority.

==this one sounds more like me==

Your true sign may be that of The Serpent Bearer, Ophiuchus!
Because of the slow shift of Earth's axis, the Sun now passes through 14 constellations, not the 12 known to the ancient Greeks. The 13th sign, Ophiuchus, corresponds to the position of the sun from approximately November 30th to December 17th.
Ophiuchii are not yet accepted into our modern Zodiac and so there is no certain personality description, so I think this is as close as you'll find to an accurate description.
An Ophiuchus will have a great learning ability early in life, possibly even skip a grade or two because they are so advanced. Young Ophiuchii will be wise beyond their years, easily understanding the concepts of life and death, and how the world works through both honesty and deception. Because of this, Ophiuchii may seem to grow up faster than their peers.
Serpent bearers, being positioned between Scorpio and Sagittarius, will have similar traits to both these. Fun-loving, self-confident, proud, witty and child-like, Ophiuchii have many friends due to their magnetic personalities. Unfortunately, most Ophiuchii are subject to bouts of depression and may also have a lazy, procrastinating side.
Many Ophiuchii also have a natural ability as a Healer, able to relieve other's pains through touch, as well as other astrological talents.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by sheyrshad]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Heh...still a Pisces! (march 11th)

Although March 11 is also filed under Aquarius as well...but I don't fit the profile of an Aquarius...more of a bloody Pisces. Either way I'm screwed.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by onerpublic]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I also have to disagree.

I am a Scorpio (It describes me to a "T"...It's me!) but according to that I would be a Libra, and trust me when I say there couldn't be anything further from the truth!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
All astrology actually started out as sidereal to begin with. Without the constellations, the zodiac wouldn't exist. Where else do you think we got the names? "Astrologers" these days are bs-ing everyone. No wonder a lot of people don't pay attention to it—they don't have the right zodiac sign. You all think you're the sign that you "are" because it's the first astrology you've ever heard of. Your ego has you convinced that you have the similar personality traits that sign possesses. But, you don't want to change it. Deal with it. It's not your sign.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok, so to verify there are 13 star signs in reality!

Hmm, So this makes me a Sagittarius now. Except I am meant to be born 2 months after I was so Really who knows my traits. Good luck getting a horoscope reading anyone with the new sign lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
I'd disagree with you on this. I'm a Libra and my horoscope and characteristics suit me perfect.

libra here too and mine is usually spot on

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Bumping up a great thread...

2 yrs ago I found out I was a Leo and not Virgo. I about had a falling out with myself about this lol.

When I was younger, Virgo did not seem right to me. It wasnt till I had children that I felt the 'virgo' in me. Then, I seemed to be Virgo through and through....it was all making sense.

Even though I dont do horoscopes, I think birth signs should resonate with the person. I think it is a sign for the individual to ask their higher self....'why was I born while the sun rose in this sign'????

So I slowly began to look into Leo and had a huge awakening which changed my whole life. Signs, synchronicity, changing of my inner most beliefs and all of the above and beyond. I now find it of no coincidence of the timing that I found out about the sidereal zodiac differing from the tropical zodiac.

People, this is true through and through....the sun most defiantly rises in 13 signs. It also does not spend the same amount of time in each sign...for example, it only spends 8 days in Scorpio...so to you Scorpios, you are what I would consider slim pickins!

And if you really want to try bucking your true sign....just always keep in mind, the surrounding signs of your sign affect you too. So even though you may really be a Aquarius....the Pisces personality still has affects on you.

Instead of seeking out what astrology sites tell you about your sign....search within your own self of what something means to YOU. Being a Leo, for me, might not be the same what it would mean to someone else. I might look at the Leo more as the humble beast....but someone else might see their power self in Leo. Libras arent only for balance.....they can mean reflection of self....depending, like I said...what YOU perceive that sign to mean to you in a deeper way of thought.

Most astrology sites dont even give the correct sign for the rising of the sun and it drives me mad!!!!!

I read on a site a few weeks ago that Saturn was in some sign causing havoc for those who had that sign...(for the life of me I dont remember the sign it said it was in)...but do to my own observing of Saturn in my Leo for 2 yrs now I KNEW it was in Leo. I wrote the woman and asked her how can she say that Saturn was in another sign.....she went on and on trying to justify that this is where the sun would be if precession didnt happen. BUT IT DOES HAPPEN I said....how can you act like precession doesnt happen....and act like the backdrop to the sun is something it is clearly NOT.

I think the mystery of the 13th sign not being talked about for yrs ties into the secrets that the Vatican and other orthodoxy's try to hide because I think all religions play more of the cosmos and their movements more then what the public may think.

I can prove that the sun rises in 13 signs....if anyone needs this just ask or u2u me.

Anyways.......STAR AND FLAG
LV

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

wiki shows 3 zodiacs....

The one the thread is discussing is the sidereal....but take a look at the realsolar zodiac also, I do believe it keeps up better with the NOW but to find out something years ago the sidereal is probably best. But lets say you want to look up a baby's birth sign...use the real solar zodiac for true sign.

If someone wants proof...just download the stellarium and you can go back in time day by day or year by year and watch how the position of the Earth changes over time, affecting the backdrop to our sun over time. Then you can fast forward time on the stellarium and see how this movement will only continue over time. Every 72 yrs the backdrop of the sun moves 1 degree.

If you use the science sites that track the planets actual positions, such as EarthSky or SpaceWeather or HeavensAbove....you will get actual postions. Check these sites around your birthday to get conformation that the sidereal and solar zodiacs are much more reliable then the old tropical zodiac that most astrology sites use.

Best advice, use astronomy for the true positions...not astrology. And use your own intuition of what a sign means to your inner self...not what astrology sites predict you to be.

OK, I think I have said my peace *smiles*

LV

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've known about this for just under 10 years. A friend of the family once went to an eclipse expecting to see her star sign next to the moon/sun and was more than a little upset that it was the one along instead. I'm still a Leo though but when I first got interested in astrology a girl in my glass read me a description of me after I told her my birthday, I was amazed at how accurate a description it was but she had figured it out wrong, she read Virgo or Cancer, so I find them hard to believe. Not sure why planets and shifting constellations would influence my personality.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am Pisces, The dreamer!

I have found MSN horoscopes to be stunningly accurate...

Check it out, not the uk version though, the american .com version.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriosityStrikes
I've known about this for just under 10 years. A friend of the family once went to an eclipse expecting to see her star sign next to the moon/sun and was more than a little upset that it was the one along instead. I'm still a Leo though but when I first got interested in astrology a girl in my glass read me a description of me after I told her my birthday, I was amazed at how accurate a description it was but she had figured it out wrong, she read Virgo or Cancer, so I find them hard to believe. Not sure why planets and shifting constellations would influence my personality.

I think it is all about gravity. I think the varying energies created by the planets and the stars have a subconscious effect on us. I definitelyfit the bill for my zodiac sign.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Interesting! Nice find, thanks. BE SAFE over there! Kam Sa Ham Nee Da!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've been a student of astrology for over 30 years and done a couple hundred charts in that time. I don't do predictive astrology. I use it specifically as a descripter of personality. The only way you can get any reasonable details from the columns you see in the newspaper is if you know where the planets in your chart are located, and what are the most important placements in your chart. The reason you find that most daily analysis of a sign could almost fit anybody is because we all have all of the planets in our chart, and each planet describes a paticular part of your personality. Say, for instance, if you have Jupiter and the Moon strongly placed, you might want to read Sagitarrius and Cancer as well as your Sun sign. Astrology began as a result of observations of the planets as a way to understand the seasons as they relate to planting, harvest, etc. Every day within a season has the characteristics of that particular day. For example, compare April and Feburary. April is windy, and spring is obvious. Aries (April) is agressive, passionate generally, and active. It's Spring, everything is budding out and the wind is everywhere. In Feburary, it's cold but crystal clear unless it is raining or snowing. It can be almost stark. Aquarius (February) is aloof, almost stark, just like the month of February. The planets describe different personality traits we all have. The signs they are in represent areas of interest, or activity. The aspects describe the integration or lack of integration of the personality. The analysis (synestry) looks for the fulcrums of attitude, internal influences, and strong or weak influences between the planets and aspects. It allows you to recognize your strengths and weaknesses, and if you look carefully, you can find the leader among these strengths and weakness to emphasize the good and learn to deal with the bad. The chart itself is full of symbols, and learning the symbolic language of astrology you can take yourself apart and become the integrated soul you want to be, if you have that inclination. Rick

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Instead of an Aries it says I'm a Pisces but that makes sense because I'm sensitive, musical, artistic, and dreamy. I always knew I was not much of a Aries but I thought it was because of my moonsign being Pisces influencing me too much. This could be an explanation.

I only look at astrology for fun really.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Will you share with us what you think about the idea that signs can not be fixed to dates because it is a changing process over time?

I get so frustrated with astrologist because I feel they should use astronomy more for the location of the planets and signs. Tropical astrology is about off about 80% of the time due to the constant moving of the backdrop to our sun. Its actually due to the Earths wobble...but still, the perspective from Earth does change.

2000 years from today...it will all be totally different again.
Plus the circle of animals was added so much later then the start of the equally divided circle that was made long before the animals were added.

So to me, I dont take as much concern with the animals as I do of the position of the moon and planets. To me, the person themselves need to research within them and their past to understand what the moon or planets personally mean to them. I see them all as archytypes that are a part of a deep 'us' then what we know.

I believe in an electric universe, so I believe that between each and every sphere...there is a line of energy connecting it to all other spheres. Like a braid of hair linking everything in the System....by a line of energy. This is how they do and can influence us.

I witnessed Saturn's effect on a deeper level of soul awakening. I personally enjoy the dark moon time much more then full moon time. And something else personal (just trying to give examples to others on how each of us may relate to certain spheres differently) I love love to gaze at Sirius. Venus seems to be a comforter. Mars seems lonely to me, like its lost its love for way to long now. Now see...isnt this strange how certain spheres can mean one thing to someone...and another to someone else?

Now besides the animal signs...I do take notice when my 'direction' of my sign is in the east or west. But I have kinda shedded the 'animal' idea and see that even if I do use the animals....we are all a part of every sign there is at some point.

I think Ophiuchus shows us that a couple thousand years ago....we can clearly see what was on the minds of man through this sign. A man holding a serpent...or trying to hold a serpent. By observing this sign....we are taken back in time into the minds of man...literally. It was the sign that 2000 years ago entered the zodiac circle with just a foot reaching the location of the zodiac path. Imagine the fear that was within any man that observed a 'new' sign entering the 'path of man'.

I think we can learn about mans past through the signs more then we can learn about our present.

And like Scorpio only having the sun in its sign for about 7-8 days....do you take this into account when making a chart? Do you use the tropical positions or the sidereal positions?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When you draw up a chart you do use Astronomy, in the form of what's called an Ephemeris. An Ephemeris is a book that tells the exact location of the Moon and planets on any given day. These are calculated into the future, and are very accurate. Like many things, it depends on the skill of the operator, and how much experience he or she has in drawing and interpreting charts. There are many different kinds of charts, used in all kinds of cultures. Many say it's all bs because the Sun is the center of our solar system, but we live on Earth, not the Sun, so the Earth goes in the center of the chart. Just like anything else, it depends on how detailed you want to get. I use it as a tool of self-discovery, nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join