It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Astrological Sign May Not Be What You Think It Is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Source Of Article
But before you ask or answer that question, consider this: your zodiac sign corresponds to the position of the sun relative to constellations as they appeared over 2200 years ago!

Check out your “real” zodiac sign below and see what the sky looked like on your birthday by going to the Birthday Sky application.

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No wonder I can't ever figure why my horoscopes are always false! Im a Capricorn not an Aquarius! OMG! On a serious note, I have never been to thrilled with astrology or really know to much about it to say, I have always thought it was a hoax.

It also states:

November 29 and December 17, your sign is actually one you never saw in the newspaper: you are an Ophiuchus! The eliptic passes through the constellation of Ophiuchus after Scorpius.

I am not downing any one who believes. But what do you guys think about this? True or not true?

[edit on 10-12-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow.. that was some tiny arse font on that page!!! I think I am about blind after trying to read that!

And.. I am still what I was before.. a stubborn old goat. Oh well.. suits me I suppose!

VV

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, I believe in a lot of strange things but I have to say that astrology has never been one of them. I think that astrology gives apretty good description of personality types but beyond that, in my opinion, it is useless.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'd disagree with you on this. I'm a Libra and my horoscope and characteristics suit me perfect.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
I'd disagree with you on this. I'm a Libra and my horoscope and characteristics suit me perfect.

So your horoscope comes true for you everyday? If so which do you read? I want to know to so I become rich and famous tomorow!! MUAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I disagree, your zodiac sign is when your born, not on what the stars where so many years ago.

I was born May 21, 1969 I'm considered a Gemini, but only by a hour and a half, my real sign is a Gemini Taurus cusp. If I were born a year earlier on the same date I would be a Taurus Gemini cusp.

I have a clear duality thing going on, I have some Gemini traits but not all of them, the same goes for Taurus, gosh I feel like a mut.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Cool article! I still come out as a Virgo.

I don't 'believe' in Astrology, specifically because the people who do the reading and publish them are probably not trust-worthy.

As a 'science' I fail to understand how we can determine our personality from the position of constellations in the sky at our birth, HOWEVER - the universe is vibrational, our galaxy and our solar system move within this universe - if I am born on a certain date and in a certain position in the cosmos, I believe that could effect me somehow.

If you consider the idea that all souls are reincarnated and move through the cosmos and specific suns etc. to get to the physical plane, astrology has huge significance. But I have no idea WHERE my soul might have come from, let alone whether there are any sciences that can map my personality based on that location.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm a CAPRICORN and NOT an AQUARIUS?????

Hmmmmm, i'll have to check into that. All my traits are Aquarian that i know of.

How reliable is this information?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

where else is a 13 division annual calendar used?

lt's see, there's the fiscal world, where one pays interest in 13 payments
during the 12 months

same thing with this theory

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Looks like I am yet another Capricorn who was raised Aquarius, tis a shame.

Can anyone link me to an astrology for dummies that would give a down and dirty reason for me to believe? I just fail to see how the alignment of the planets on the day of your birth would have any affect on your life.

This forum has changed my view on a lot of things, but I still haven't found a reason to believe much in astrology.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

This forum has changed my view on a lot of things, but I still haven't found a reason to believe much in astrology.

Apparently astrology is one of the more ancient sciences, studied and well known for thousands of years until 'religion' (i.e. the vatican and other mind-control enterprises) espoused it as satanic etc.

It is in fact used by coorporations, world leaders etc. almost DAILY because they are aware of it's validity. The same reason why it was shut off and condemned to normal society and the general public. It is powerful information about how the organization of our planets directly affects the electromagnetic energy of planet earth, thereby affecting us.

I do believe it is valid in some respect but I think the form of astrology we are given, where our days are mapped out and we are told our personality traits etc. is just a very SMALL and controlled (censored) form of astrology. There could be a wealth of information held in astrology that is locked away thousands of years ago and only in the possession of the vatican. Sad.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I remember reading about that more than twenty years ago...

(Not that I am in any way demeaning your post - I hope that's clear!)

The thing is, unless the "psychological profiles" are modified, too, it doesn't seem convincing. (The usual profile of my "new" sign really doesn't sound like me.)

I am no astrology buff, as I've said elsewhere on this site. But I do admit there are certain specific psychological traits that do match the actual profile of the people who belong to the sign in question.

But those who really are "into" astrology should know this: if you read your forecast, be sure to read your RISING sing (ascendant), too - or even before your solar sign. The ascendant seems to be at least equally improtant as the solar sign.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Damn... I forgot to mention the most important thing...

Here's the thing: any really knowledgeable astrologer will agree that the profiles and the forecasts are not really based on the ACTUAL planets; rather, the "influence" of these, and their "interaction", is a descriptor - a paradigm, if you will.

In other words, it's not the actual Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus that are "influencing" our behaviour - they are just names used to identify and describe the interplay of... we don't know what. ; )
But, whatever it is, it IS there.
Even I can vouch for that.

Which is why the current position of the constellations doesn't really matter, in terms of astrology.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Take a look at Derren Brown when he shows how easily people can be told what they like to hear in astrology.

Youtube link

I am not saying that Astrology doesnt work, I am saying that it is being exploited by many.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
[edit on 11-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I just fail to see how the alignment of the planets on the day of your birth would have any affect on your life.

I hear you...

About that see my last post in this thread.
(I cannot give you any direct links, but it is a theory worth keeping in mind.
And if you ever read a forecast, don't forget to read your ascendant, too.)

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

According to that, I've lost my Virgonity and am now a Leo. Whatever that's worth. I once had a manager that was very big into astrology. Used to do charts and whatnot for other people. Of course, I busted her chops whenever I had the chance (this was in my impetuous rebellious youth phase).

One day she said, "You're a typical Taurus". "Nope", says I. "Capricorn?" No. "Saggitarius?" No. "Libra, then". Nope. She ran through 8 signs or so before she said "Virgo". When I said yes, she said "Well, yes that makes sense".

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

Libra here too, I don't bother reading horoscopes due to the fact there are X amount of Librans in the UK so the horoscope for the day has a good chance of been correct for someone and has probably been written by a wannabee author.

What I will say is that the definition of been a Libran, the holder of the scales and not the scales themselves, well it does sit with me really well.

Wolfie

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not necessarily horoscope, it's usually close, but when describing how a person that is a Libra, it's very accurate on defining me. I did look at the one that I'm "supposed" be and it's not even close. I'd say that all my life I've had a strong association with Justice and Fairness, aka, the Scales.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join