It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official UFC/MMA Discussion Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Rather than having sporadic threads on individual aspects of this sport, I thought it was a good idea to have one thread to house much of the discussion, while still allowing for others to pop up from time to time when necessary. But this thread will allow for a bit of continuity on the issue.

With that, lets bring up the recent "TUF" finale, and what I perceived to be two of the best fights of the year. The Huerta/Guido fight is in my opinion, the second best fight of the year. The Rollins/War Machine fight is definitely the best of the year.

Thoughts on the upcoming Liddell/Silva fight? GSP/Hughes? Stevenson/Penn?

How about Muir/Lesnar?

Some links nobody should go without:
  • UFC
  • MMA Junkie

• posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:13 AM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

Couldn't agree more the finale fights were awesome.

On GSP and Hughes i reckon Hughes will take it but props to GSP for taking the fight on short notice.

And have i missed something here, I didn't think Liddel and Silva were in the same weight class. Would be a hell of a fight though. I think Silva would technically outclass chuck but then again you can never discount the hard hitter from knocking anybody out.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:54 PM
    link   
    The countdown is on! I'm kinda going for Wandy tonight, but wouldn't be surprised if Chuck gets the KO. I really just want to see a battle!

GSP/Hughes? GSP likes to have 3 months to train for a fight and only got 1. I say this one's in the air. If GSP avoids the takedowns, it's his fight. If Hughes gets the takedowns & GNP, Hughes takes it.

And to add to your MMA links, don't forget Sherdog.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:57 AM
    link   
    Liddell against Silva was an awesome fight. After Liddell hit him with his forearm/elbow, I was cringing. My husband was ticked off, the way Liddell was watching the clock at the end.

I wanted Hughes to win, but had a bad feeling from the get go. It's hard to believe both weighed 170 pounds. Oh well, Hughes will always be a champion in my book.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:31 AM
    link   
    GSP has established himself as a force in the Welterweight division. He absolutely manhandled Hughes last night. Those were some tough take downs that he was using at will. Hughes, whom I regained a lot of respect for last night, summed it up nicely after the fight... GSP is a better fighter.

I suspect that we have seen the last of Hughes.

As for the Liddell/Silva fight, man! I was rooting for Liddell.. but I was concerned through most of the fight. I didn't think he could stop Silva, but I did feel that Silva could stop Liddell. Silva continued to take Liddell's best shot and move forward, while Liddell was stunned when he took one on the button.

I want to see a Rampage/Liddell rematch, but we have a problem with that. Taping for "TUF 8" is beginning in January, and it's the norm that the coaches fight at the end of the season. The coaches being Rampage & Forrest Griffin. So a Rampage/Liddell fight could be a long way away.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:44 AM
    link   
    Big event tonight.

Joe "Daddy" Stevenson vs. BJ Penn

Ever since the second season of The Ultimate Fighter, I've been a huge fan of Stevenson. More so than any fighter in the UFC. I've grown to be a bigger fan of GSP as of late, but I've been rooting for Stevenson for longer. Watching him win the season and establish himself as a threat has been really exciting. Hopefully he pulls out a win tonight and takes home the title.

I'm going to order the daytime showing of the PPV, so it is go time in about three hours.

A Canadian date has been set for April, so I'm keeping an eye to buy some tickets. I'd gladly drop four or five hundred bucks on a floor seat. Hopefully we can get some tickets.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler
    I want to see a Rampage/Liddell rematch, but we have a problem with

chuck just can't # with rampage. i swear to god he looked extremley scared and shaky in both of their fights.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
    link   
    This is a great thread! I'm a MMA fighter out of Hybrid Mixed Martial Arts and Crossfit Gym. I study in Kickboxing,Jiu Jitsu, and Boxing! Anyone else a fighter?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

I'd like to also add in MMA Weekly.

WHOOO MMA thread!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
    link   
    It's been awhile since this thread had been updated. Since I've posted last, I managed to attend a live UFC event. 83 in Montreal.

Here is a shot of myself with Dana the day of the weigh-ins.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:55 AM
    link   
    Oh man the Affliction fight coming up is getting to me! Fedor is my idol. I do think that they are using Tim as a sacrafice. Your thoughts?

new topics

top topics

join