It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Civil War? Put your guns down and hit 'em where it hurts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have been reading EVERYWHERE about a revolution, taking America back, etc.
Some have offered peaceful campaigns, others bloodshed. I started considering the options and realized neither would get much attention and organizing would be a b*&^%!!! Bloodshed would be twisted into a cult headline and demonstrating gets ignored so what would really get some attention, show the powers that be we mean business? To hit 'em where it hurts...the pocketbook.
Organizing wouldnt be that horrible since it could be done thru mass emails and signs plus who doesnt want to keep some money in their pockets?? We could start with a specific day where consumers don't consume, right before xmas would have been great but not enough time. Anyway, we as a whole do not purchase anything beyond neccesities (food, h20, gas) thats it. Prove our power as a whole, prove that we mean business.
An even bigger coup would be for Americans to NOT file income taxes/pay income taxes they cant arrest everyone.
What would be great would be a complete shut down of the stock market for 24 hrs, everyone calls in sick.
These ideas are not to take back America by force or conjoling but just to show we mean business and in numbers we are far more powerful then the people who are destroying us. The last 2 ideas will probably never happen but the consumers stop consuming is possible.
What do you all think? Is it worth persuing?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'll go for that approach. The only problem is that now days I don't even have enough money to buy the things I really need, so unless I go on a starvation diet, I can't cut anything out. Right this moment, in an effort to cut costs, I'm typing wearing a coat. No joke.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I hear ya my friend, except the coat part since its a balmy 70 here in Ga. (crazy weather!!) That is why I get so ticked off when I read or hear about the "subprime" disaster, "subprime" is a label plain and simple it's an easy way to blame this "mess" on those dirty, bad credit, stupid, poor "subprimers". Our real estate woes are not because of the subprime market, EVERY market is experiencing these problems and why? because the cost of living has way, way outpaced the wages middle America earns.
I shop the local Walmart every now and then and I have noticed a massive increase on staples, a loaf of bread that was $1.00 last year is now $1.29 , milk $3.49 last year over $4.00 this year now .29
isnt a big deal but it is a drastic inflation percentage and when everything you buy goes up that much it is no wonder our pockets are empty and our mortgages are late.
Scary thing is most Americans do not see this because it is nickle and dimes and they don't notice and they can't understand why they are broke every month.
Rant over, lol.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thats actually a pretty good thought there, but with every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Doing something this extreme to our Countrys econ. will lead to an effect of equal or more proportions towards those who commited those "crimes" as our gov. would call it.

Interesting thought still.....makes you think how many options we have even left to consider, thinking that any one thing we will try will have negative effects. Seems like its hopeless, and we must rely on faith.....

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I'll go for that approach. The only problem is that now days I don't even have enough money to buy the things I really need, so unless I go on a starvation diet, I can't cut anything out. Right this moment, in an effort to cut costs, I'm typing wearing a coat. No joke.

staples are permited, no starving.
for those with pockets more lined than yours and mine (for the moment, you just wait we will be doing very well someday right?) cut the materialistic crap out for 24 hours, only 24 hours, thats it. Just show them our power, show them that as consumers we make the decisions, thats what America is all about right. Money, money ,money , money, MONEY (or credit:lol

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
Thats actually a pretty good thought there, but with every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Doing something this extreme to our Countrys econ. will lead to an effect of equal or more proportions towards those who commited those "crimes" as our gov. would call it.

Interesting thought still.....makes you think how many options we have even left to consider, thinking that any one thing we will try will have negative effects. Seems like its hopeless, and we must rely on faith.....

I understand what you are saying but we will live I think. Our economy will come back, we might have to suck it up for a while, maybe not be able to get that new GPS system but we will survive.
I am not the smartest kid on the block, I am quite sure that others have brighter ideas then mine ( and hope that they share their ideas in this thread)but I do know that the only thing that will get a reaction is messing with the money. Money is the root of all...well you know the rest.
Options? yep, lots of optons we just have to make sure they are not a waste of time and energy, we have to make sure they will have a cause and effect.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
bump for more debate on this subject. I would really like to know if others feel this is the only way to get some real attention. any other ideas for effectively hitting them in the pocketbook?

new topics

top topics

join