It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are People So Mean Around the Holidays?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The best fruitcakes in the world are made right here in Texas.

Collin Street Bakery

Yeah Jen, making gifts, that's a good one! That would go over like gangbusters with the little lady. I could pretty much guarantee myself no sex for a year.:shk:

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Make her a fruit cake Dr. Love, and add a gallon of oysters to the batter

Oh ...I think I just made myself Nausious....I'm going outside for some fresh air

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i think ppl are mean on the holidays because they are stressed out!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

That's because we never have enough cashiers to have that kind of coverage...at least at my store. I'm not sure if it's because management isn't hiring enough cashiers or if people just aren't applying for the cashier position, but that's the main reason.

Our self-checkouts are open until 10pm, and customers rarely use them.

Codex Code...I'm stressed out during the holidays too but I don't take it out on the general public.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit, so today at walmart I bought a toy for the kids in the hospital and put it in the barrel, I gave a bum $5, I put another fiver in the Salvation Army bucket and the cute little bell ringer winked at me. I bought some eggnog. I changed my Xmas lites to say Peace instead of Humbug.

I still don't feel real xmasy yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Put a little rum and burbon in that eggnog and see if you feel any more "in the spirit"

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Whaaa's quote,

I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit, so today at walmart I bought a toy for the kids in the hospital and put it in the barrel, I gave a bum $5, I put another fiver in the Salvation Army bucket and the cute little bell ringer winked at me. I bought some eggnog. I changed my Xmas lites to say Peace instead of Humbug

That's the Spirit Whaaa.
Now try ordering online. LOL
Jen your're the first person I ever met who likes fruitcakes

If I get any... You can Sure have 'em!
(with or without oysters)lol

P.S. To Whaaa, my better half gave me a top-of- the-line vacuum cleaner last year.
It was nice, but not exactly the present one wants for Christmas. :bash:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm proud of you that you're unselfish and giving!!! That's the spirit!! You're already there.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar

Jen your're the first person I ever met who likes fruitcakes

If I get any... You can Sure have 'em!
(with or without oysters)lol

No oysters please, the very thought makes me want to give up fruit cake!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Jen, Oysters are an aphrodisiac and you dont bite them, you swallow them whole. Yuck. I agree.
My father used to down them with a sauce...I cant imagine why,unless for the after effects. No wonder he always had a twinkle in his eye.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Dg...my dad swallows them slimy things too...without the sauce. He was a firm believer in making us kids try stuff when we were growing up...so yep, I had to try that too! I told him I was gonna
And I did

Same thing with the buttermilk
And I did!

And the boiled cow tongue...the thought was super gross, but it wasn't enough to make me
Not that time.

I'm so glad I'm a big girl now, and my dad can't boss me to do anything

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join