It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using SETI@home?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I tried signing up for the ATS Seti team, but I don't know my password..can someone please help me?

Could having the slammer worm affect signing up in any way?

Bill

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by USAMRIID]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a thread was started on this yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
go to the SETI site and provide your e-mail address and your password will show up in your e-mail that you registered with...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks Oswald. Panta, I didn't know this. I just joined the site...

Bill

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Genya has been a wealth of information on SETI.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
She must really study/use SETI on a regular basis right?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAMRIID
She must really study/use SETI on a regular basis right?

*She* is a *he* in fact!!

It's a simple misatke to make!! No worries, pleased we could help out - and welcome to the team USAMRIID!!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sorry, but I know how that everytime I say he, he turns out as a she, so I just started saying she....

Sorry...

Will

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAMRIID
Sorry, but I know how that everytime I say he, he turns out as a she, so I just started saying she....

Sorry...

Will

No worries Will - check out my profile on ATA SETI@home team stats (from my sig banner) and there's a picture of me!!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
just for the record I am a "she". I tried to set up a profile for my SETI account but keep getting the page can't be displayed screen. I posted in the help forum on the SETI site to find out why, and someone replied saying that it's been happening for a while now and that SETI are consentrating their efforts on BOINC and this is why some areas of the site aren't working, which I think is a shame.It would have been nice if all of our team members could have had a profile by their name, if only to say what they are hoping to gain from running SETI@home.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
....I posted in the help forum on the SETI site to find out why, and someone replied saying that it's been happening for a while now and that SETI are consentrating their efforts on BOINC...

Thanx for the info pantha!!

I set my profile up (but updated it) more or less when I first had my account.

It is frustrating, at times, when people *don't* have profiles, as it would be nice to know something about them. One of the *really* strange things, however, are the members on the ATS S@h team stats board who *don't* even have "names" attached to their accounts eg

36) with 315 WU's
108) with 38 WU's
117) with 31 WU's
118) with 31 WU's
182) with 5 WU's
197) with 2 WU's
201) with 2 WU's

Whilst some of these people are inactive, some aren't... I don't know *how* we'd allocate points to these people... when the time comes, that is!!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
please tell me how to use this SETI thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes I'd noticed those members without names to their accounts. I suppose the only fair way that we could give out points to members is if they make themselves known on the identifying who's who thread. Those without nicknames should be able to create a name within their account, I assume, if they want to take advantage of the points for units rewards.
If there is some reason that they couldn't then I suppose that a screen shot of their details in their screen saver would be proof of who they are and their progress up the board would just have to be tracked. Perhaps these nameless members just wish to remain anonymous and wouldn't want points anyway?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
please tell me how to use this SETI thing.

I have put together some FAQ's here:SETI@HOME FAQ's

Hopefully this will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Trick

top topics

join