It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Syrian Reactor Actually A Radar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
On my travels across the web i came across a very interesting blog...

from this blog

…Syria has denied any nuclear ambitions and the U.N. nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, has asked the United States and Israel to show proof.
A diplomat familiar with IAEA affairs, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the issue's sensitivity, said one theory being considered within the agency is that the bombed site may have been a forward radar system, and not a nuclear site…

While i know this is not new news, this grabbed my attention.....

Israel has maintained a “phantom alliance” with Turkey and has indeed conducted mock bombing runs from Turkish airbases and cold war era style provocations directed at Iran in the past. However, we note that since Iraq Turkish relations with the West and not to flash hot. So, could bombing a “forward based radar”, if that is what it was, have been a preliminary move for an IAF raid on Iran?

I missed this one with regards to the bombing of the Syrian site, but IF it was a radar site then i think its fairly easy to draw conclusions as to whats going on out there.
Interesting times.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
No, They showed pictures of what was taken out and it was a huge building with huge cooling pipes entering the river that it was next to. If it was a radar then it would be hit in the same flight on the way to Iran or they would jam it and the Syrians would not know what happened just like when they did bomb the nuke plant.
Why Bush and Israel is being so hush hush on the issue is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It could have been a bioweapons lab for all we know. Syria is not going to say anything and neither will the other parties. It could be anything. Syria would more then likely lie to cover their own butts. It had to be a serious situation to even consider making a bomb run.

join