It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul... does anybody actually understand him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul is so right that he breaks the american political scale. He's a libertarian, somebody who is more conservative than a republican. He's a pro-life, public education and welfare abolishing, border closing, NAFTA-ending, condescending old man who lulls foolish people into supporting his sweet talk, without any real means of implementing all those wonderful things he talks about.

www.ronpaul2008.com...

Honestly... why the hell are so many people giving this lunatic more attention? He doesn't want to run for president, he means to abolish the US government in our lives altogether.

I'm waiting to see if he returns the checks he has been sent by neo-nazis, he seems to be quite popular with them.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, I have a question.

You know, when Bush came into power, did he fulfill / accomplish his views?

Because I think that the views of each president and candidate may vary.

Thanks for your time.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
he means to abolish the US government in our lives altogether.

Really?!

I did not know that.

Now I want him to win even more! I do not need the federal government for anything. I can fend for myself in all areas. And I would imagine if the federal government were not there my state would do quite well for itself also.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Pretty much all the choices in the states suck.....

So I don't see what you are getting to with your statement.

Ron Paul is simply confusing. He seems to offer something for everyone but his agendas and affiliations make me nervous.

He seems like a Ross Perot stuffed with crystal meth and steroids. I and a lot of libertarian-leaning conservatives made a big-time mistake of voting for Ross Perot and in doing so allowed the perjuring rapist Sick Willy to make a mockery of the Presidency.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Really?!

I did not know that.

Now I want him to win even more! I do not need the federal government for anything. I can fend for myself in all areas. And I would imagine if the federal government were not there my state would do quite well for itself also.

What I've noticed is that Paul fans tend to read his platform, see something they like, and magnify it - making it their single issue. Could be the war, could be the borders (real libertarians believe in open borders, btw), could be taxes, whatever.

He claims he wants to get government out of peoples lives, yet he wants to make abortion illegal. Huh?

It doesn't really matter as he is so far from the top that he has no chance, unless the "Foil-Hat" brigade can stuff the ballot boxes

In my view, I understand Ron Paul about as much as I understand squirrel chatter.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

He's a pro-life, public education and welfare abolishing, border closing, NAFTA-ending....etc.

This is exactly why I support Ron Paul. His two top priorities are: 1) to bring the U.S. troops back home now 2) to stop illegal immigration.

These two are the top priorities of our nation right now. Ron Paul is the only candidate worth voting for.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

It sounds like you may want to go back and actually read what this mans platform is..... He does NOT want to illegalize abortion, he wants the federal gov. to have no decision in the matter of a states preference- BIG difference. That means that the county and state decide what works for them, not the federal gov. deciding whats good for everybody! Besides, what other candidate has addressed the Serious issues of our monetary system and the federal reserve banking corruption? Our dollar is weakining day to day and inflation continues to rise, Meanwhile the only candidate talking monetary reform is Ron Paul!!??

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Calling Ron Paul a 'lunatic' is an excellent way to portray yourself as white-bread and conventional.

Ron Paul wants to put America back into the hands of Americans. Period. This is upsetting SO many people because they have a daddy-mommy complex with the government and feel that they need the government like a newborn infant needs their parent.

Independent Americans want Ron Paul and it drives the run-of-the-mill citizens crazy.

The average American is going to vote for Obama because he is black, or Hillary because she is a woman, or Mitt Romney because they think he is better looking. It's that simple. It's a case of simpleton modern-Americans vs real patriotic Americans.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I'm waiting to see if he returns the checks he has been sent by neo-nazis, he seems to be quite popular with them.

omnicron, I'm sure he gets all kinds of checks, that's probably why you're here, but just because he gets a check from some phoney 'nazi' agent provacatuers doesn't means he supports their agenda now does it? If you know some real nazis, I suggest you contact the Wisenthal Center immediately, otherwise it just sounds like your dancing around a transparent and libelous construance.
What checks, who signed them, when were they sent, and more importantly what black budget crappola supplied the funds for such a check to be assosciated with Ron Paul and neo nazis?
Fill us in.

Personally, I hate to say it, but I tend to think the whole Ron Paul thing is overrated. People forget the man is a member of the republican party, he rose to the top of the pile with the same steak eating and hobnobbing the rest of them did. If he sits down and starts drafting legislations to back up his platform, then I'll get excited, until then I have to assume column a and column b have simply added a coumn c.
It Doesn't Matter Who You Vote For

You want real change, quit going to work for other people, cut off that damnable television, home school your kids so you can undo the crap they've been fed, speak out against the grandiose buddy system in power, and quit buying things.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I hate these Ron Paul bashing threads. People cherry pick and skew a few topics and then say that is why he is a nut job and you would be a fool to vote for him.

I would be much more tolerant of threads like this if they said the same message, but in the end said.... well, "X" is my candidate of choice, because he/she is correct on these issues and can deliver on his/her promises.

But they never do, because most politicians are so dirty that it would pretty much end the argument.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
People cherry pick and skew a few topics and then say that is why he is a nut job and you would be a fool to vote for him.

This is pretty much how he's being portrayed in the media too. Constant clips of him raising his hand to end the IRS. It gets a good portion of America jacked up to see someone wanting to free us to such an extent... the other portion of America is so thoroughly brainwashed into believing that they need the government that they scoff.

And isn't that the saddest part? A man comes along, willing to save us from the IRS and the Federal Reserve and all of the CIA's secret kill-everybody nonsense.... and he gets laughed at. This only re-affirms most peoples suspicion that Ron Paul is the real deal, and that America has slipped far from it's revolutionary roots, to have such a large population of government lapdogs.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If Ron Paul wins the election in the USA, I will probably sched a tear of joy and happiness! Looking at USA from the other side of the world via non influenced news-channels ( NOT fox, cnn or CNBC etc ) gives us a good view of your corruptet government right now.

It seems that USA never learn from history.

Happy voting ..

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

You are pretty close on this evaluation of the system in place today. But is it truly the American citizens fault? Welfare was created to basically get people hooked on government support. Women's lib was created to break up the family (do research and you will find that it was funded by the CIA for the specific purpose of weakoning the family structure). These and so many more factors and 'government projects' have created a generation of mindless people that believe that the government SHOULD be in their lives because that is what they are being taught in school. Oh yeah, who establishes what is taught in our public schools?

So, when it comes to Ron Paul we see someone who does seem to say the right things. I just really wonder HOW he will make them happen. I would like to see his plan for replacing the federal reserve and removing the IRS. After seeing that then I think I might be sold on him.

I believe much of the 'confusion' over what he stands for comes from the MSM either not giving him time over the air or misrepresenting what he is trying to portray. That and other people that are simply 'Republican' or 'Democrat' and they vote in line no matter what the issues are. Believe me, I know how blinded some people can get when it comes to politics. I live in Ohio in a VERY conservative area and these people get really mad when someone even tries to reason with them about the crap that this current administration has pulled. In their eyes Republicans CAN'T be wrong.

If we could remove the two party system and get back to "AMERICANS" I think we might be able to prevent a disaster like a revolution. Ron Paul seems to be the only one with balls enough to at least speak to these issues.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul bashing threads. I think it's a breath of fresh air in a sea of Ron Paul love.

What I've noticed is that Paul fans tend to read his platform, see something they like, and magnify it - making it their single issue. Could be the war, could be the borders (real libertarians believe in open borders, btw), could be taxes, whatever.

I would say that's a GREAT assumption. But don't all voters select a candidate that way? Wasn't Bush elected in 2000 because he pushed issues like gay marriage and the right to choose, bringing out the conservative christian base? When i first looked over Ron Paul's issues, i immediately identified something i liked: Privatization of Public Schools and The Economy. There are issues i agree with Paul on, and issues i don't. I agree most with his integrity, intelligence and discipline. So, i'm going to vote for the guy in the General Election.

He claims he wants to get government out of peoples lives, yet he wants to make abortion illegal. Huh?

Again, i totally agree with you. It's very puzzling. It's puzzling because it's not a true statement. He wants to get FEDERAL government out of the details of our daily lives. Ron Paul is pro life, but his reasoning for overturning Roe V Wade are because it's not a FEDERAL issue. He wants the individual states to decide on what a woman should do with her body. I am personally pro choice, but i also agree that it shouldn't be up to the federal government to decide. So even though i am pro choice, i would vote to overturn Roe V Wade. The case should have been thrown out of court because it's beyond the scope of the federal government.

It doesn't really matter as he is so far from the top that he has no chance, unless the "Foil-Hat" brigade can stuff the ballot boxes

I think Paul will make a much better showing in the primaries than is expected, but he'll definitely fall short of the nomination. I think he probably would run as an Independent (he'll have no problem raising the cash), which he technically fits the mold of since he is kind of in a middle ground between libertarian and republican. I think he will have the best shot of any third party candidate in history to win the election, but i'm not going to guarantee his victory by any means.
I think he has a better shot if Hillary is the Democratic candidate, and probably if Romney or Giuliani is the Republican candidate. The lack of religious following would likely break up that powerful christian base, and when that happens, all bets are off.

I do resent your comment about the foil-hat brigade. Do i sound like i belong to something like that? Do i sound like some kind of a kook or a maniac? Do i sound like i want to tear down all the things this nation has come to stand for, good and bad? I sure don't feel that way. I feel like an American patriot who cares about his country and is passionate about exercising his right to vote for whomever he pleases. I'll admit i'm an idealist when it comes to the political process, but i also possess pride.

I haven't voted since Clinton's second term (I voted Nader because i wanted pot to be legal, like many Democrat friends i had). After moving to Florida, i had to re-register. I didn't care in 2000 and i missed the deadline by one day in 2004, but would have voted for Nader again (i supported his ideas of a more localized government). This time around, i was not going to miss the vote by forgetting to register. I wanted to register as a republican specifically so i could vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, but after getting to know Paul's ideals rather than his stance on the issues, i realized that would be wrong of me. I'm not actually a republican and as much as i'd like to vote for him ASAP and increase his chances, i can't compromise my integrity. Ron Paul didn't compromise his integrity in the house, and he hasn't compromised his integrity in the race to the primaries. What kind of idealist would i be if i voted republican just to do this one thing? I decided to register as an Independent because that is what i am. I haven't donated to his campaign as of yet, but i have written to let him know that i plan on donating a robust sum if/when he declares his candidacy in the general election. I think that's fair. If Ron Paul wants to do it his way, and i respect Ron Paul, then he will respect my choice to do this my way.

In my view, I understand Ron Paul about as much as I understand squirrel chatter.

I don't really listen to squirrels when they chatter and i certainly don't understand them. I imagine you much the same, not really listening to Ron Paul's issues, and thus not understanding them. It's not rocket science. Have some respect for the political system, stop trying to tear everyone else down.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul answers all questions in this video!
ABC NEWS

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is my understanding that most Libertarians are laissez -faire capitalists. Webster's dictionary defines laissez faire as ". . .noninterference in matters of economics and business; letting the owners of industry and business fix the rules of competition, the conditions of labor, etc. as they please without governmental regulation or control." That would mean no labor laws, no pollution controls, no OSHA, no workers compensation, no health insurance, no minimum wage, no child labor laws, etc. Essentially a return to business practices as they were during the industrial revolution, or as they now exist in many third world countries.

Most Libertarians are also social Darwinists. I've talked about that at length in other threads.

Some people on ATS are suspicious of the power of the multi-nationals, the corporations that control the mainstream media, etc. I'm surprised that many of them support Ron Paul.

Clearly, I don't. I'm not sure who I will vote for, but it's not likely to be Paul.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
It is my understanding that most Libertarians are laissez -faire capitalists. Webster's dictionary defines laissez faire as ". . .noninterference in matters of economics and business; letting the owners of industry and business fix the rules of competition, the conditions of labor, etc. as they please without governmental regulation or control." That would mean no labor laws, no pollution controls, no OSHA, no workers compensation, no health insurance, no minimum wage, no child labor laws, etc. Essentially a return to business practices as they were during the industrial revolution, or as they now exist in many third world countries.

Most Libertarians are also social Darwinists. I've talked about that at length in other threads.

Some people on ATS are suspicious of the power of the multi-nationals, the corporations that control the mainstream media, etc. I'm surprised that many of them support Ron Paul.

Clearly, I don't. I'm not sure who I will vote for, but it's not likely to be Paul.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Sestias]

nice straw man there.

Ron Paul 2008

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Hey by the way, was it one of these groups?

BUSTED! SO-CALLED WHITE SUPREMACIST GROUP EXPOSED AS ISRAELI PROPAGANDA OPERATION!

Knowing Ron's stance on the Federal Reserve, this could be interesting...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ya know I don't know, but every time theres a poll on who the republicans want to see as the next president its like a bad dream Ron Paul just wins! It happened the last time the republicans got together on CNN to debate when Ron took the opinion poll on who won, then just before that when he raised $4,000,000 dollars in one day. While ha may not be my personal choice, there seems to be a real ground swell for him whether you want to admit it or not.
Textwww.gk2gk.com...
Geek 2 Geek Poll Results

Which of the following Republicans would you like to see be nominated for President of the United States?
Choice Votes
Sam Brownback 0 (0)%
Rudy Giulliani 22 (17)%
Mike Huckabee 3 (2)%
Duncan Hunter 1 (1)%
John McCain 23 (18)%
Ron Paul 45 (35)%
Mitt Romney 11 (9)%
Tom Tancredo 2 (2)%
Fred Thompson 20 (16)%
Tommy Thompson 2 (2)%

Total responses: 129

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shmeags

In other words, Ron Paul feels that it's the state, and not the fed, that should obliterate your personal rights and freedoms, and that further you should have no recourse to appeal such a decision, since the Supreme Court would be reserved for disputes between states, "As intended."

I'd like to see America operate for a week with a complete freeze on Federal interference. Just to show doofuses like Ron Paul (who, for some reason, keeps wanting other stats to pay for pork in his district...) that no, it won't work.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by The Walking Fox]

new topics

top topics

join