It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to beat a speeding ticket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I typed this up for one of my blogs, and figured it might be of some interest to people here.

How to beat a speeding ticket

We all know speeding tickets are a pain in our collective asses, and they usually end up costing quite a bit of money (which we all know money saved is almost as good as money earned), so I thought I would go into the technical aspects of how to get out of a speeding ticket.

Everyone has heard of the ways one can possibly get out of a ticket:

-Going to court and hoping the cop doesnt show up
-Asking the cop to show you the radar/laser in hopes he was just making a number up
-And finally, checking the FCC certification number on the radar gun to make sure it is a) certified, and b) calibrated. If it isn’t, there is a good chance you can argue in court that the radar gun is wrong.

However, the not often spoke of way to beat a ticket is to get technical on the court and make them show YOU that they are abiding by the law.

First lets take a look at how speed limits are decided.

Read more

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Or, if you were really speeding, you could just take your lumps and pay or try to get out of it the traditional ways which work 40-50% of the time. All we need are more armchair Johnny Cochranes on the road stirring up a crapstorm.

Go to law school, then you can be a smartass.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The way I have found to beat ANY ticket is to always contest it in court and call the court and postpone it as many times as they will allow you to.

Usually the Officer has a new shift and never shows up. And if he does show up, always go to court looking like a bum and claim poverty and beg for mercy.

And never, I repeat never, refer to the Officer as Barney!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This works but you have to be able to act sincere and do a bit of research.
Find the name of a NYPD cop who died in 9-11. The name should be close to yours. Memorize a few facts about him or her. Precinct number-years on force.
That's all. Then when pulled over be respectful as possible to the cop. You have to be able to be relaxed and talk normally. Don't blurt. Then say something like
"My Uncle Mike used to tell me to only go as fast as the the second fastest car on the road. Unfortunately my Uncle died in the Twin Towers on 9-11"
If you're really bold and your name matches one of the 9-11 cops or firemen who died then use that and say he's your Dad. The cop will definitely let you go with a warning. It's worked for me 3 times since 2001. That's a savings of about a thousand bucks.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I've actually lucked my way out of many tickets
Oh, I better go knock on some wood before I ruin my lucky streak

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That's a hell of a way to use a tragedy like that fella.

I like Gabriel Iglesias' idea of switching seats when the cop comes over to give you a ticket. Make the guy laugh and he'll make it easier. But be polite and friendly and don't insult him or her. A box of doughnut's be handy to.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Now THAT is the way that works...

I'll confirm that ...

Although it does not work 100% of the time, sometimes the officer is just not going to change his mind.. But that is the best way....

Many departments now have policies about officer being suspended for failing to show in court....

Semper

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When it comes to the government everyone I mean everyone tells "white lies".
When people buy a used car everyone puts a lesser price so they don't have to pay a big tax to the DMV. (Unfortunately many DMV's in different states have caught on to this and now tax you on the Blue Book value). I consider speeding tickets in this category of acceptable things to tell a white lie about. If a Nazi asked me where you live cuz he wanted to kill you that would be another acceptable case where I would lie and not tell him even if I knew. The world is not black and white my friend and as Buddha says it is an illusion. Therefore if you lie in an illusion where nobody gets hurt then I consider that strategy acceptable.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is what I was told by a state trooper to be the best way to beat a speeding ticket:

Take it to court and explain that you were in the middle of a life threatening situation. You were being harassed by a road-rager and you tried to stay within the limit but he kept riding your ass and beeping and pulling up next to you and you were afraid you were going to be run off the road (or that perhaps he had a gun). You sped up in hopes of losing the person or that they would stop the harassment.

This trooper truly said if you can plead in a believable way that you felt your life was in danger and you felt you had no choice but to speed up to get out of the situation, you have an extremely good chance of beating the ticket!!

I haven't had a chance to try it......

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

top topics

join