New Freemason, having some doubts

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Wrong again, and nice use of a situation that does not apply. Do you have any proof that "Pete" would not be around if both of them weren't in masonry - surely they could NEVER meet in any other context?

If you are ideologically opposed to networking then you are going to have extreme difficulties in life. Please show me where in the bible it says "thou shalt not network"? You also assume someone would hire you just because he agreed to put you in touch with him. Very wrong.

Yet again, you take the easy way out by using sweeping generalizations to fit your ideology. Taking the hard road would be thinking critically about some of these insane assertions.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Brethren, I'm afraid this is a classical example of a obvious anti-mason using every tactic at his disposal to get a response out of us. He is using tried and true masonic deceptions which WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY AND PERSONALLY DEBUNKED before (search, you'll see he brings up the same points time and again which are debunked time and again).

We are giving him the attention he wants and craves. I realize it is VERY difficult to let him weave his own web of deception, but if we leave him alone he will quickly get bored with this. I propose we do just that. I know it is very hard to do and I am guilty of being someone who always responds to these insane posts, no matter how many times they cover subjects previously covered and completely debunked.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

Thats exactly the point I have been trying to make. Your attempts at informing are honourable....but do they bear fruit? With some posters, I dont think they do.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well my the way my father-in-law put it to me is Pete is a Master Mason and Masons have obligations and that it goes without saying that revealing yourself to another mason carries a lot of weight, especially if you flash the ring around.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You are of course, completely correct. Your previous post was what got me thinking about this. Spirit7 is someone who has been given ample opportunity to discuss his misconceptions of masonry. He has been given ample opportunity to either simply agree to disagree, or to alter his opinion - he has done neither. Because he only uses THE SAME TALKING POINTS **every** time he posts, we are covering subjects that we have debunked completely, with him personally, before. Until he comes up with some new misconceptions or changes talking points, I propose he be ignored.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

There is nothing honorable about your secrecy.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

From his last post I am not sure he is as closed minded as you feel. I’m willing to give him the courtesy of thinking him one willing to listen to another point of view.

We are taught to be tolerant.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Student

Ah yes, the all encompassing "tolerance" - the same tolerance we are shown when we are accused of be devil worshippers. How exactly is it intolerant to let him say what he likes and simply ignore him?

He has pulled this trick before - where he "cedes" an issue and then brings up another one, except he always cedes the same issue that he knows hes wrong about and has been debunked before. He is playing mind games, and so far, he is winning.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Thats exactly the point I have been trying to make. Your attempts at informing are honourable....but do they bear fruit? With some posters, I dont think they do.

Spirit is the troll of all trolls... it is best that we all put him on the ignore list. He does this on purpose, post these ridiculous statements in the hope we will bite and ruin yet another thread with his supposed religious fanaticism. If you read what he says carefully, I doubt even he believes what he writes, but writes it for the sake of spite. Just a punk kid getting the best of all of us.. this is why his conversation is never different.

I advise we all put him on ignore.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
Well my the way my father-in-law put it to me is Pete is a Master Mason and Masons have obligations and that it goes without saying that revealing yourself to another mason carries a lot of weight, especially if you flash the ring around.

Classic example of sweeping generalization. See my anti-mason thread. Just because your father-in-law thinks his obligations include networking does not mean his views reflect reality.

Of course you already know this because you have shown you have read the obligations. Do you see anywhere that supports your father-in-laws views? Of course you don't, and you know this without me even having to say it. This just further supports the spirit7 is intentionally baiting us.

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that I only responded to his bait to point out he is baiting to provide evidence for the brethren. I would agree with rockpuck above, it's time to just ignore him.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Deny "ignore"nce.

Put me on ignore just because I struck a nerve with an actual comment from an actual mason? What's the hurry? Sorry, but I agree to disagree and will continue to do so. Masonic student, thank you.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't bait and I don't use secrets, my intentions are as clear as the bible. I only want to find the truth and I believe I have found it now.

In regards to your quote, don't blame the entire government for conspiracy. Blame only those with secrets and an agenda of their own. We need more good and honorable people in the government. I believe in my government.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by spirit7]

[edit on 15-12-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7

There is nothing honorable about your secrecy.

Do you have a problem with ALL secrecy, or just the Mason's secrets?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Good luck with you study. The pursuit of truth is always a good path to follow, when perused with an open mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Student

Will do MS, thank you my freind!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hmm, that's a good question, I guess that it depends on the motive. One of my favorite shows to watch is 24 because I consider myself to be a patriot and we must keep this country strong, but secrecy is only ok if it doesn't harm anyone. I have nothing agains the people who are masons, we're all human and I am personally in a weak position with my current situation in life. What my father-in-law has told me recently in regards to it has sparked my interest on the subject of Masonry, and I admit besides the passing of some of my loved ones recently and me getting older has brought me closer to Jesus.

I'll make a promise to find out more about it before I go on somemore about it with my Christian vs Masonic views and then come back with some material to see if we can all reach some sort of conclusions. It's going to be hard though, because I'm not a member of the occult myself. Perhaps Mormons are a more worthy subject since they are also an occult, I don't know.

BTW, I've been nothing but up front and honest with my intentions. I find it funny that I mention something a mason has said to me and all of a sudden I'm deemed as only trying to bait.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Masonic Lodge1/6
youtube.com...

maybe there is something to masons..........

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

You base some of what you believe in on a TV show ?? Are you serious or pulling my trigger finger ?

Thus far, your arguments have been so poor, they have drawn attention from folks on the board who have nothing to do with Masonry in the least...

I've read every post of yours on this thread and found NOTHING of substance...

Please, whenever you post on this board...Research, think out, proof read and add references to any post you make on even a semi-serious topic...

Anything less will leave you looking VERY silly, as on this thread...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

About Secrecy

The secrecy originally comes from the times of the Inquisition. If you held any other belief than the christian catholic church you ran the risk of being hung or burned, which was why advanced concepts and scientific discoveries were kept secret.

The necessity of underground knowledge continued in world war 2 when Hitler banned Freemasonry.

So basically, anywhere there is Tyranny, you have to keep quiet about some stuff.

Since we live in relatively safe and peaceful times nowdays, there is no more need for secrecy. This is why most of the so called "secrets" of freemasonry can be found in the Internet.

If the so-called, hypothized "New World Order" under totalitarian big brother rule would come to pass, YOU, spirit7, would be the very first to go underground, hide your books and keep your beliefs secret.

I personally dont believe this will come to pass, but I do feel the need to point out that people demanding

"no private meetings!"

"nothing behind closed doors!"

"total transparency!"

are usually dictators, tyrants and control-freaks.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Gentlemen,
Let's look at the original posting. It was pointed out that a new recruit heard somethings that was racist base from senior members of his lodge. But if we look a little deeper, it appeared to me that the act of someone celebrating the death of a man that was called a COON was his motivation for writing this post. My question would be, did he express his concern to the grand lodge of his state? As pointed out in other postings here on ATS, it is no mystery that there were and still are racist Masons. Many are using the Masonic Lodges for their own personal gain. So it would not surprise me that Wardens in his lodge would make racist comments.
Because you kept your mouth shut, they will continue to test your belief system. The lodge is no place for racism, period.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join