It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont buy gas from mobil/exxon!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tenryuu

So then you ahve been stuck on am amtrak train between virginia and NY for 12 hours before? Then you must know what im talking about....yes the trains exist and yes they run to and from NY but since the rails south of DC are owned and operated by major freight train companies....the amtrak trains get second dibbs on right of way. So what exactly were you trying to say? Taking a train from charlottesville VA to NY is not only overpriced...but its inconvenient because it can take up to 12 hours and can cost you up to 3 hours in delays. So you tell me if i "choose" to drive because im "spoiled" of because its just easier and i dont have time to spend 24 hours in transit because of some shotty rail aggrements.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeeko

And stop regurgitating what you learned in economics....we all know you took that class. Congrats! The real world though is determined on an individual basis and to group everything into statistics just leaves people behind....like the enemployment rate not exactly representing everyone who is unemployed. The fact that we need certain things to operate on a daily basis makes us vulnerable to these large corporations. They take advantage of it because they know we wont and cant do anything about it. Well if my complaining at least raises more awareness or forces people to think outside the box then i have accomplished something.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus65

One question in response to your statement about education:
Does a good, high quality comprehensive education have a price tag?

If your answer is yes then my response is another question:
Should it and is that right?

Education is a social staple that is necessary for the advancement of the human race and the mind collectively. I dont care if its an ivy league school or one made of gold....its unethicla in my eyes to charge a child that much money for something that is so needed as a comprehensive education. Its a business and it shouldnt be.....our generation (im 23) is probably the first to come out of college and start their adult lives totally in debt...up to 100k for some kids and i ask you, doesnt that just make you sick??

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

And Just as there are many reasons which are compiled to create the high range of gas prices at the pump....there are so many more variables that affect the regular hard working tax paying american which cause much more harm. Sure...i have enough money to eat and am not living on the street but do i....do WE have to wait until it gets to that point to be able to stand up and say to those who think they have some godly authority over our society "WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT!!"

I dont want to wait that long....we might find ourselves in a deeper whole than we are now if we convince ourselves that its ok to be subdued.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
NO - please buy more from XOM. My stock holdings in XOM have had a nice 40+% annualized return over the last 10 years. I can't keep my NWO membership valid if the stock price tanks - come on peeps, help a brother out now..!!

I also get some money back from the pumps using this method. The stock makes money.

If you can't beat 'em- Join 'em. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 2PacSade

Great more money i need to spend

Which stocks do you suggest i purchase?
How much do you own that covers your gas expenses?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

not me ------i'm not under house arrest yet-------------i enjoy going for a walk----------and mountain biking---------far more relaxing than some of the road rage nuts and cops after you for going a hair over the speed limit just make sure you walk and bike on the sidewalks in town-------too many drunks druggies and road ragers where i live temporarily for it to be safe on the roads.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

you say these guys make millions for doing what ?and you're sure you work as hard as they do?well they probably kiss butt a lot more intensly than you or i would consider decent ? and then there's another factor-----------------the god of this world told Messiah-------if you will fall down and worship me i will put you in charge of all the governments of this world right now because this power has been given to the (devil)-------------matthew 4 and luke 4---------but this submitting to blackmail comes at a price------------------dont do it !

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i would love for everyone and i mean everyone to down tools! if everyone downs tools then things get changed.

what about stan meyers water buggy hes dead KILLED what about browns gas he DEAD what about the joe cell if you dont know them, which im sure that most of you do check out panacea.com where they're making this stuff open source so the big companies cant kill ideas what about Dr Eugene mallove exposing cold fusion debunking MURDERED! oh what are the odds? beat to death in his home after a radio interview where he went public

what happened to 200 MPG, lets put a shat load of chemicals in there so it wont combust efficiently! that'll learn em!

what about the guy in new zealand running his motor bike on water witnessed by the news woman, he now says "i cant bring it you at the moment" he'll be dead soon to, poor bloke.

www.panaceauniversity.org...

check out his youtube video just google panacea and joe cell in the video section.

also check out scroogle it use google scrapper no ips no records kept to 2038 like google but better no ads either. sorry for off topic remarks HAGO

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It is true that petrol companies are not completely to blame for high prices, but they are partly to blame. ExxonMobil is the biggest company in the world in terms of turnover and its profits after tax are over 10% of its revenue, so I think it is fair to assume that at least 20% (which is actually probably far lower than it actually is, considering various taxes, tariffs etc, especially in the uk, where tax on petrol is insanely high) of each litre of petrol you stick into your car is profit. Where I live, petrol is now £1.00 a litre or more, and petrol companies price more or less the same as each other, so if ExxonMobil are making at least 20% on each litre, then we can assume the others aren't going to be too far off. Petrol is clearly an inelastic good, so just like the middle eastern oil producers are taking the proverbial, so are the petrol companies, its all about money. Big profits mean big bonuses for the men at the top, much like high prices per barrel mean bigger palaces for the king.

The problem is, things like petrol the governments know are inelastic, and they can justify massive taxation of them via global warming etc and the oil producers and petrol companies want to make profit , so the price of petrol will continue to rise. Tax revenues need to increase every year and petrol will always be one of the main victims because it is a pollutant and also because of inflation. Producers and retailers will continue to increase prices anyway, so they don't end up worse of in terms of real money. Why would they keep their prices the same when everything else is costing them more?

[edit on 11-12-2007 by mrmanuva]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I forgot to say that I think its pretty funny when americans complain about petrol prices, try living in the uk! I think I paid £1.03 per litre last time I bought petrol. I blame benefit fraudsters and the ridiculous number of white collars working in departments where they are not needed. It seems there are more clerical staff than doctors and nurses in the nhs these days. Excuse the mild rant, but as an economist, I just hate the inefficiency of it all.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by mrmanuva]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmanuva

Im tired of being taken advantage so someone's monetary gain can be that much larger....this is what is going to kill the human race.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i enjoy buying my gas from the stations owned and controled by the Russian mafia... they are always cheaper... of course you maybe getting abit of water with your fuel but hey what's a bit sluggishness compared to saving a couple of cents...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just a disclaimer: I work for a large oil company.

I'd just like to say that not buying from Exxon/Mobile does nothing to their bottom line. You guys need to look up the distribution system for gasoline that is currently in use. Just because you're buying gas from a mom and pop store doesn't mean you aren't paying Exxon.

I ride a 250 ninja, whenever possible. (70mpg!)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lpbman

And how do we go about getting this informatino? I would love to follow up on this because what is being done is unethical....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join