It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atlas Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Some people are saying this is a very dangerous area to play in. I would like to hear your opinions on this experiment. I have heard rumors the scientist putting this together have no idea the outcomes, but they also said that with the Manhattan Project too.

Atlas Project is claiming that it will map the secrets of the Universe, this is a monumental claim.

The protons will be accelerated in the Large Hadron Collider, an underground accelerator ring 27 kilometres in circumference at the CERN Laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland.
The particle beams are steered to collide in the middle of the ATLAS detector. The debris of the collisions reveal fundamental particle processes. The energy density in these high energy collisions is similar to the particle collision energy in the early universe less than a billionth of a second after the Big Bang.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Atlas Experiment

ATLAS is a particle physics experiment that will explore the fundamental nature of matter and the basic forces that shape our universe. Starting in mid-2008, the ATLAS detector will search for new discoveries in the head-on collisions of protons of extraordinarily high energy. ATLAS is one of the largest collaborative efforts ever attempted in the physical sciences. There are 1900 physicists (Including 400 students) participating from more than 166 universities and laboratories in 37 countries.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For a moment I thought there was another particle-smashing experiment due to take place at the same time as CERN's LHC...I got all excited at the idea of two simultanous quantum experiments running at the same time next summer until I clicked the link...

It will be amazing to see the most complex peice of human engineering ever achieved in action, if there are other scientifically advanced lifeforms in our neighbourhood, I hope they take this as a sign that we have reached the starting-line and worthy of a 'first-contact'

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Atlas Experiment on You Tube. Enjoy part one.

Strange, I don't know why the links do not work from here, but I will post the direct links at the top of each video.

www.youtube.com...

PART 2

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

those videos are no longer available. they have some on their website here and a youtube section

(not too sure that using 'in the hall of the mountain king' or 'the sorcerers apprentice' as music is such a great idea though....)

[edit on 11-12-2007 by justyc]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
[
those videos are no longer available. they have some on their website here and a youtube section

That is really strange because when I go to the direct links on YouTube they work great.

Here they are.

Part 1

www.youtube.com...

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'd noticed the same when attempting to embed other Youtube videos.

Here's why...

From the YouTube page:
Embedding disabled by request

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Are you sure we are even close to being ready for first contact when we can not seem to make a decent contact among our own Human race?

Also I cant help but say that another thing we need to get in contact with is our own environment, things like weather and drought, famine to name just a couple of important topics?

I wonder how much we spend on these types of experiments when people are starving, dying of thirst in many third world countries. I have always imagined winning the lottery and building reservoirs in the drought stricken ed areas and making not an oil pipeline, but creating an economy by creating jobs to build a water pipe line into the drought and famine areas.

Do not misunderstand me, I do believe in advanced technology, but as to the wonder of first contact... I just couldn't help but raise these other questions.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
World’s Largest Supercollider Could Destroy the Universe, posted in the same area, same topic, same experiment and people bite, but if you title the thread the correct name for the experiment weeks earlier people don't listen.

Why do people need to think the worst before they read what an issue is about?

I think these scientist have enough knowledge and protocol to not destroy the Universe.

new topics

top topics

join